High and Sober approaching the same state?

T4All

Webbott creator/genius Clif High says marijuana, in light to moderate use (not during heavy "burnout" usage), forms new neuronic pathways in conjunction with natural endocannabinoid receptors built into the human brain and liver. These new neuronic pathways then become permanent, and will exist whether sober or high from that point forward. So what you are describing may be along those lines.

Sort of like this analogy...you listen to a good music while high, say Led Zeppelin (music with alot of depth), and you hear new things that you never noticed before (common when listening to music when vaked)...but here's the interesting part...afterwards, when you become sober, you now STILL recognize those things regardless if you are high or not. You are now PERMANENTLY aware of them whereas before the THC experience you were not. That is an example of a new neuronic pathway being formed by cannaboids. Some may say it's simply because you pay closer attention and "care more" while vaked, and if you just paid closer attention while sober you can hear the same things. There may be truth to that, but evidence points to it being new neuronic pathways induced by endocanniboid receptor being activated, thus imprinting the information in a new way.

Perhaps you don't need weed anymore, maybe it's done it's job, and now you are aware of those new perceptions gained while high, while you are sober. Sounds like a win/win to me!

T4All,

Rico420

T4All said:
Webbott creator/genius Clif High says marijuana, in light to moderate use (not during heavy "burnout" usage), forms new neuronic pathways in conjunction with natural endocannabinoid receptors built into the human brain and liver. These new neuronic pathways then become permanent, and will exist whether sober or high from that point forward. So what you are describing may be along those lines.

Sort of like this analogy...you listen to a good music while high, say Led Zeppelin (music with alot of depth), and you hear new things that you never noticed before (common when listening to music when vaked)...but here's the interesting part...afterwards, when you become sober, you now STILL recognize those things regardless if you are high or not. You are now PERMANENTLY aware of them whereas before the THC experience you were not. That is an example of a new neuronic pathway being formed by cannaboids. Some may say it's simply because you pay closer attention and "care more" while vaked, and if you just paid closer attention while sober you can hear the same things. There may be truth to that, but evidence points to it being new neuronic pathways induced by endocanniboid receptor being activated, thus imprinting the information in a new way.

Perhaps you don't need weed anymore, maybe it's done it's job, and now you are aware of those new perceptions gained while high, while you are sober. Sounds like a win/win to me!

While i have my doubts about webot, (even though its very trippy), neuroic pathways from marijuana is a fascinating hypothesis. Sounds like something Terrence Mckenna could have come up with as well.

I have heard similar hypothesis about b. caapi or aya vine having lasting affects on serotonin receptors. Something about the THH (tetrahydroharmine) in the vine helps build more receptor sites that are permanent. This is hypothesized to be the catalyst for the lasting anti-depressant affects from an ayahasca experience, among other factors imho. It could be very well that this is not the case, and something along the lines of what you described could be happening,. I've heard of an idea called long term potentiation is neurons, which also touches upon all of these ideas in a scientific perspective.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_potentiation

As far as the idea that the herb has done its work with your brain and its not needed anymore, i agree and am coming to believe this myself over the last couple years. Alot of older tokers i have talked to often say that they have slowed down alot, or that the experience changed for them over time and caused them to evaluate why they are still using it/ or if they even need it anymore. Mabey all drugs are just catalysts for states of mind, that once are fully understood, can be willed out with effort or without when sober. Really brings to mind the phrase "plant teachers" that has been thrown around in the entheogenic community for a while now to describe various psychoactive plants.

Rico420,
Top Bottom