Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
...anyone else waiting on shipping info from monday/tuesday?

Surprisingly mine has even had movement on it since day 1.....I never did get any replies to my email like they said though....though not sure other then telling me some type of "firm" date for the updates that enable AP mode, Im not sure what they'd say

Heatmiser

OK I got my coil everything is hooked up and ready to go. The app I am using on my iPad constantly insists on snapping back to the “devices page”. It won’t let me stay on any other page to complete any thing. It also keeps getting disconnected, according to the icon in the corner. I’m not even exactly sure what that means. I have this all set up right next to my router and modem. Would it still heat the heater in that “disconnected” state?

Why in the hell does it insist on snapping back to the devices page constantly? So annoying...

Heatmiser,

nickmo

OK I got my coil everything is hooked up and ready to go. The app I am using on my iPad constantly insists on snapping back to the “devices page”. It won’t let me stay on any other page to complete any thing. It also keeps getting disconnected, according to the icon in the corner. I’m not even exactly sure what that means. I have this all set up right next to my router and modem. Would it still heat the heater in that “disconnected” state?

Why in the hell does it insist on snapping back to the devices page constantly? So annoying...

Did you complete wifi setup already? The snapping back to the Devices page behavior sounds like what would happen to me when I was playing with the app page in my web browser before I even had my unit. But ever since I went through wifi setup that no longer happens

nickmo,

Heatmiser

I did previously before I had my coil. Now that I have the coil and everything’s ready to go it’s behaving erratically. I suppose I could try it again but I have the solid blue light ring consistently on.

Heatmiser,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum

That was exactly my experience until I made one of the "optional" user accounts with Hex, once you get logged in you'll see another option under the connect menu, once that appears you should be more or less solid on the dashboard.....I say more or less because Ill still occasionally get kicked to the devices page but maybe only once an hour or so

ensabbahnur,

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
It's HUGE...and we want to be damn sure it'll run properly on the HN-01 because well...we sure as heck don't wanna brick working units.

The update is DONE (and it's awesome). She's basically on the last (but most important) step...Making sure it won't brick your unit while it installs the new OS.

Super excited to see the upcoming update.
Bricking is one of my main concerns, the other being is OS2.0 functionally better than 1.2.10?
I am in dab heaven and am reticent to update until hearing glowing reviews from other HN-01 users.
Specifically V3 Liger 30mm users.

I may have an extra AugustHaus coil shortly.
Heavy 30mm works great or the AH coil, but I would love to send it in to lock in some tunings.

:leaf:

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
The Red Queen Update & OS/2 for Skynet are basically going to be the same update time wise as a lot of the finalization is going hand in hand.

As for the OS/2 update on Skynet units, performance wise, you'll be getting higher framerates with a smoother interface plus the few obvious features that it comes with (like the fleshed out app functionality).

When it comes to the accounts they have 3 main benefits. Remote Access, Logs & Saved Devices. It does help the connection somewhat because it caches the devices on the account side, too. It's primarily there to make things easier for folks that own multiple devices after the Skynet update drops. It will make switching between them a lot faster.

There's some more info / tracking going out to folks today just hold tight. Coils & Units. Rolling 'em out.

Keyboards:
I prefer Reds, myself. I don't mind the sound. (Obviously...I like Reds lol)

I bought her Browns instead of Blues this time because of the way she types. Thought they'd feel better after watching her over the years.

She literally snapped the Return key of her last board in half coding one day and I used a Shift key from an OG IBM board to replace it but the switches finally started to go this time. They were Blues and I'm just gonna pull the caps to have a back up set for the new board.

When we get time I really want to CAD up a few Hardwood Frames for custom builds.

JigMelon

When we get time I really want to CAD up a few Hardwood Frames for custom builds.

Technically this is off-topic, but if you make some HexBoards or HexCaps, I would buy. If this is something you're considering further down the road, please also consider custom orders so that we can use less-common switches if desired.

buddingglasshead

Just received mine today. Didn't come with the 25mm coil that I ordered as extra but did come with the 20mm coil. @mutten840 Would you mind checking in on that for me? You seem to get the fastest response. :p

Having issues with setting mine up. Have 2 different routers (Both were running custom firmware but downgraded the spare to the stock fw) and have created hotspots as well but now it doesn't see any networks after connecting to a network that I assumed was mine due to signal strength but was showing oddly as \x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00. Since connecting to that, it no longer sees any other networks when trying to browse. When I reboot it, it acts like it's connected to a network for roughly a minute or so with a solid cyan color but then starts blinking green indicating it's in the AP mode. Kind of at a loss here. Went into the advanced config and tried to delete the network but that doesn't save.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Just received mine today. Didn't come with the 25mm coil that I ordered as extra but did come with the 20mm coil. @mutten840 Would you mind checking in on that for me? You seem to get the fastest response. :p

Having issues with setting mine up. Have 2 different routers (Both were running custom firmware but downgraded the spare to the stock fw) and have created hotspots as well but now it doesn't see any networks after connecting to a network that I assumed was mine due to signal strength but was showing oddly as \x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00. Since connecting to that, it no longer sees any other networks when trying to browse. When I reboot it, it acts like it's connected to a network for roughly a minute or so with a solid cyan color but then starts blinking green indicating it's in the AP mode. Kind of at a loss here. Went into the advanced config and tried to delete the network but that doesn't save.

Once its flashing green, it is not connected to anything and back to its own AP, goto the Queens wifi setup IP again 192.168.142.1:8443 and it should have any 2.4ghz network in range on the drop down.

ensabbahnur,

buddingglasshead

Once its flashing green, it is not connected to anything and back to its own AP, goto the Queens wifi setup IP again 192.168.142.1:8443 and it should have any 2.4ghz network in range on the drop down.

That's my point though, it doesn't. It shows 0 networks. Scanning for networks still continues to show that 0 networks were found.

EDIT: Think you also meant 192.168.142.1:8710 8443 is for the https address

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
That's my point though, it doesn't. It shows 0 networks. Scanning for networks still continues to show that 0 networks were found.

EDIT: Think you also meant 192.168.142.1:8710 8443 is for the https address

Oh, dang that sucks, the wifi setup page has been the 1 aspect of the Queen so far, that for me at least, has always functioned as expected.

and no, I pulled the :8443 for the wifi setup port right from step 3 in the setup guide that should have been in the box. I think 8710 is the device page itself?

ensabbahnur,

buddingglasshead

Oh, dang that sucks, the wifi setup page has been the 1 aspect of the Queen so far, that for me at least, has always functioned as expected.

and no, I pulled the :8443 for the wifi setup port right from step 3 in the setup guide that should have been in the box. I think 8710 is the device page itself?

Right 8443 is part of the url but for the HTTPS version. If you're connecting via just IP/HTTP then you're using 8710. 8443 is https://ap-local.hn-connect.net:8443/

Either way... Very confused as to why no networks are showing up now. I've also tried connecting to it via three different devices and tried to save the advanced settings with that SSID removed but it seems that the save option doesn't have anything to do with the wpa_supplicant.conf

EDIT: So it's showing it's connected to a network. Don't know if I missed this before, but the connection is just "@" Maybe I connected to a testing network? Who knows, all I know is I don't have a functional unit atm. haha

Last edited:
buddingglasshead,
Reactions: HexNailAva

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
RE: Above Set-up / Connection Troubleshooting Update

Liz is going through the last page of the thread & mapping out these specific issues you're seeing so we can get you a complete answer right now so more info to come.

As for networks not showing up on the 'Wi-Fi' page: This has been a problem we're seeing from a few folks. It's being worked on now with the updates and the recommendation you'll her from us right now (and anyone else that's had this issue) is that it just takes patience.

Set-up should be done close to the router, on a 2.4ghz signal, and then it usually just takes hitting 'refresh' on the list enough times to get it to show up.

Once you're set-up and go to the app for the first time if you see your unit on the list (and have a solid blue light ring) but it won't finish 'connecting' to the device: Set the unit as your DEFAULT from the drop down menu on the devices page. Power the unit off. CLEAR YOUR APP CACHE FOR THE WEBPAGE / APP ON YOUR DEVICE. Do a 'Hard Refresh' [ctrl / cmnd + shift + R] and you should be good to go.

EDIT 1: Also, just a general reminder that AP MODE IS FOR SET-UP ONLY RIGHT NOW (we actually tested the unlock this morning for the update and we're patching up the last of it, according to Liz). After you are connected to your desired network (Solid Blue) you should be using: app.hex-nail.com

Oh, and tracking numbers didn't go out last night but the shipments will leave today as planned. The season / weather came down on my joints hard last night. I'll be sending out tracking numbers over the next few hours.

Technically this is off-topic, but if you make some HexBoards or HexCaps, I would buy. If this is something you're considering further down the road, please also consider custom orders so that we can use less-common switches if desired.

If there's on topic posting in the post too is it really off topic?

Either way. Yes. I've wanted to do a hardwood frame (and possibly) cap combo since I got into it via gaming in my teens.

Last edited:

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Coil arrived today!!

Tried to swap it to a 25mm to hop back on the quartz train but wound up with my original order of 30mm, its another of the coils that appear to be made out of a flat ribbon, then rolled up on its edge, IMO these are the best type of coils as heat would tend to unwrap them horizontally instead of expanding vertically that can stress dishes and these coils have a VERY flat surface that shouldn't need any adjusting or flattening. This is the same type of coil that came with my HN01 and has worked very well for me in the past. Good job to Hex for securing more of these and Im curious as to what the 25mm coils look like, if anyone who got one could post a pic or at the least confirm one way or the other if they are similar in design.

buddingglasshead

Coil arrived today!!

Tried to swap it to a 25mm to hop back on the quartz train but wound up with my original order of 30mm, its another of the coils that appear to be made out of a flat ribbon, then rolled up on its edge, IMO these are the best type of coils as heat would tend to unwrap them horizontally instead of expanding vertically that can stress dishes and these coils have a VERY flat surface that shouldn't need any adjusting or flattening. This is the same type of coil that came with my HN01 and has worked very well for me in the past. Good job to Hex for securing more of these and Im curious as to what the 25mm coils look like, if anyone who got one could post a pic or at the least confirm one way or the other if they are similar in design.

Don't think the 25mm coils are shipping yet. I didn't receive mine with the one I ordered but it did come with the 20mm that I originally bought with the unit.

Still having issues. Had it on for over an hour refreshing for networks every so often (ended up over 100 times) and still nothing. It is heating up. Hopefully Liz can shed more light on my issue.

buddingglasshead,
Reactions: exmex
Top Bottom