Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

herbivore21

Do we have sapphire halo presets here yet? I would love to finally buy one of these lol

Wow, that's quite low.

But what I really mean is does it qualitatively make the dab better or different?
If you were dabbing blind (w/o knowing what controller you were using) could you tell were using a Hex-Nail vs. a standard PID, and why?

I'm a dab technophile so I'm probably already convinced anyway, just wondering.

:\

I also welcome other's feedback.
Many of us are likely used to way our nails perform.
To those Hex-Nail users that remained using their "normai" nail after switching to the Hex-Nail, I ask:

Did it noticeably change how your nail performed? (and how)

:)
For reference, I run my SiC halo at 520f too, on my ninja nail controller. I don't get trails. For me, if the hex-nail allowed a large temp drop, I'd be dabbing in flower vaping temp ranges! :D

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Hallelujah!
Looks like I am onboard.
No tracking # yet, but I don't expect the wait to be long.
And check out this enclosure, talk about sexy time!

Gah! I can't get the photo embedded.

So no pictures, just sexy talk:

It's a Zebra Wood encllosure with the wood grain set at a diagonal angle.
The way the wood grain meets at the edge is exquisite.
Combined with the extremely contrasting tones of Zebra wood makes for the best looking box I've seen yet.

Granted, I am partial to zebra wood.
Can't wait.
Super excited!

:D:p

edit: Save $50 with code: "SUMMER-SLABS"!

Last edited:

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
I'd like to see specific halo tuning eventually too! The HexNail is already the top PID; but it has so much more potential....I can't wait!!
They have both the quartz and SiC halo tunings since the last few updates =)
Yup yup! The Halo tunings (Quartz & SiC) have been really stable for awhile now but we even reprobed them and updated the scaling for the dish temp as well. It's definitely within range of what we're actually reading now.

Some of the temps for liger are still a bit off (because they were done with earlier rigs, sensors, etc.) but we'll be re-probing all of the nails we currently have tunings for soon to increase our accuracy across the board soon.:science:

A Sapphire Halo tuning is on the list but until we get one in hand we can't test it. We usually only like to implement on hard numbers that we've verified at some point. I personally really want a good quartz banger to tune up. It's a 'variety' of nail we haven't had much chance to test. I've been trying to tug at the heartstrings of some of our dealers a bit to try an get in a QCB XXL or something like a Pukinbeagle. :D

Hallelujah!
Looks like I am onboard.
No tracking # yet, but I don't expect the wait to be long.
And check out this enclosure, talk about sexy time!

So no pictures, just sexy talk:

It's a Zebra Wood encllosure with the wood grain set at a diagonal angle.
The way the wood grain meets at the edge is exquisite.
Combined with the extremely contrasting tones of Zebra wood makes for the best looking box I've seen yet.

Granted, I am partial to zebra wood.
Can't wait.
Super excited!

:D:p

Save $50 with code: "SUMMER-SLABS"!

Excited to get it headed your way. Each Zebra unit definitely has it's own style. The hard grain makes for a lot of natural variation between pieces.

Also, do the thing with the thing above.

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I'm curious what temps are being used with the Sapphire 30mm Liger for the Hexnail?

I don't believe @HexNailAva has had their hands on a sapphire insert yet from my readings. I've yet to see other members chime in on a dialed in temp. on that specific combination. I'm sure if someone has or is planning too at some point (me included) :party: they'll be happy to let you know once it happens. Those sapphires are hard to come by and when they arrive they're gone just as fast. Cheers! :cheers:

@HexNailAva I'm sooo close to purchasing you're exquisite, innovating functioning art! :mmmm:mmmm muuust have soooooon.....

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
I don't believe @HexNailAva has had their hands on a sapphire insert yet from my readings. I've yet to see other members chime in on a dialed in temp. on that specific combination. I'm sure if someone has or is planning too at some point (me included) :party: they'll be happy to let you know once it happens. Those sapphires are hard to come by and when they arrive they're gone just as fast. Cheers! :cheers:

@HexNailAva I'm sooo close to purchasing you're exquisite, innovating functioning art! mmmm muuust have soooooon.....

Actually we've had the Sapphire inserts for a couple of months for the 20 and the 30. There are already tunings in place for them. We're just looking to improve said tunings / dish temp accuracy. There's quite a bit of feedback with the combo earlier in the thread from some folks. We'll toss one in the 30mm dish today and see if we can't get some numbers we like on the boards (now that we have decent quality meds again...for a bit). :tup:

It would be nice to have a couple on hand at once to test for variation in machining. We have 2 and the weight difference could make a big difference in accuracy, too. :science:

We don't have a Sapphire Halo yet, but they're pretty new. :D

Here's hoping clearing that up tips the scales (cuz a girl's gotta eat...and make controllers). ;)

ichibaneye

Actually we've had the Sapphire inserts for a couple of months for the 20 and the 30. There are already tunings in place for them. We're just looking to improve said tunings / dish temp accuracy. :tup:

It would be nice to have a couple on hand at once to test for variation in machining. We have 2 and the weight difference could make a big difference in accuracy, too. :science:

We don't have a Sapphire Halo yet, but they're pretty new. :D

Here's hoping clearing that up tips the scales (cuz a girl's gotta eat...and make controllers). ;)

You're thread updates are in my playlist and my favorite. :tup: I always look forward to the informative and dedicated work you put in.

You ladies will be eating lobster and sipping champagne in no time based on what Hex-Nail is all about. It's only a matter of time and it'll all come rolling in. Cheers! :cheers:

Kalikron

So stoked for all you new folks getting HexNails today.
GbbUB
Congrats to all the new HexNail owners! Welcome to the next generation of PID. You're going to be super happy people, I bet. You've got good taste; that much is evidenced by your purchase! Happy Vaporizing!

In other news....I got my DabBulb in; and I can't wait to try it on my HexNail! (sorry for the link; my upload wasn't showing) https://i.imgur.com/cEr2H78.jpg Aaron (aka @kilbyglass) is really cool and I can't thank him enough for the opportunity! I'll be out of town unfortunately until next week; but once I get home and can use it a bit on it's own PID (to verify it's all working well) then I will hit you up @HexNailAva for that "supervised" test on my HexNail...if that's cool? I really appreciate the help/support and it'd be awesome to use my HexNail to eliminate more cluttering (now) useless & unsightly plastic PiD's from my dab area (a person only has so many electrical outlets...)
Anyway I'll update as I can use it and hopefully it can get my temps w/my Hex down to unheard of levels of flavor!

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Congrats! Let it burn...and please show us the pics! :tup:

Looks nice but wouldn't it look nicer without this large Logo?? :hmm:
Would prefer to watch the light show without Faces standing in the view, I believe.
Don't want to spoil your joy in no way, just an spontaneous impression after watching your pic.

Hogni,
Reactions: Kalikron

6079Smith

Finally got this beauty but I have a problem , can you all help me out . I don't have a stylus on me so I went to the pid override page to see what it was and scrolled down with my finger not realizing I changed all the values . I have no clue what they should be set to ?

Sounds like something I would do lol Mine are default with the latest update:

P- 5.4
I- 19
D- 3
IL- 1
DL- 1
AW- On
WL- 0.10

6079Smith

Ty lol , just found a stylus in my girls draw , she's not home so it's ok to take it :rofl:. Cannot wait to try it out and set these values now. If I'm not back soon , well than it worked .

Didn't think about it before, these values change depending on your nail and insert. I think you're probably good if you just select a different nail.

6079Smith,
Reactions: mutten840

PoopMachine

Finally got this beauty but I have a problem , can you all help me out . I don't have a stylus on me so I went to the pid override page to see what it was and scrolled down with my finger not realizing I changed all the values . I have no clue what they should be set to ?

Just change the nail type and change it back. That changes the PID values.

ichibaneye

You're thread updates are in my playlist and my favorite. :tup: I always look forward to the informative and dedicated work you put in.

You ladies will be eating lobster and sipping champagne in no time based on what Hex-Nail is all about. It's only a matter of time and it'll all come rolling in. Cheers! :cheers:

Good God, please forgive the fail in my last post here. I was unable to correct my typo within the threshold of the sites editing time constraint parameters. I promise I'm not grammatically ignorant or inept. >YOUR< "Stimpy ..... you idiot!" :rant::freak::peace:

Side note, when I order mine I'm going with a wood choice I've yet to see anyone else here show off. Could we maybe get a, show me your Hex-Nail wood photo show n shine going? Yeah, I'm talking to all of you current high rollers here living the Hex life and doing it for real. :bowdown:

Please make my time in purgatory hurt so good ... please!:razz: Cheers!

Last edited:

Kalikron

Congrats! Let it burn...and please show us the pics! :tup:

Looks nice but wouldn't it look nicer without this large Logo?? :hmm:
Would prefer to watch the light show without Faces standing in the view, I believe.
Don't want to spoil your joy in no way, just an spontaneous impression after watching your pic.
Yeah the logo could maybe be a bummer for some; but it's Kilby's signature logo and comes on only one side, the other side is totally clear. I like the glasswork/graphics a lot, but I have to agree w/you @Hogni; in that I think I will be watching the clear side for function and leaving the graphic facing out!

Top Bottom