HerbalAire or Arizer Extreme Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

budino

Hi folks!

I'm new to the forum and to the vaporizer world. I have to buy my first vapo and my choice is between this two models: HerbalAire or Arizer Extreme Q.

I tried to get as much info as possible from the web and from here. There are things I like and things I don't in both the model:

HerbalAire
- Plus: 18 air jet, possible to use with ballon or whip, made in teflon, affordable price.
- Minus: external power supply.

Arizer Extreme Q
- Plus: design, remote control, possible to use with ballon or whip.
- Minus: to much glass parts, a bit more expensive.

I'd like to get more info about from whom nows both product, and in general, wich is the best as firs (and only :)) vapo. I have not particulary health needs, I want just to stop once and forever to smoke tobacco.

I will really apreciate any kind fo help.
Sorry for my poor english...

Have a nice life!

budino,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The external "black box" is the air pump, not the power supply. I like the fact that it is separate, since I don't use it, I can just store it away. I haven't owned both vapes to compare but if durability is an important factor then go with the HA.

t-dub,
Reactions: MG23

budino

Hi t-dub and thanks for reply.
Lol I thought the black box was a PS...Can I ask you how you use the HA without the pump?
THX.

budino,

max

Out to lunch
For direct draw, the herbie is passive only. The incoming air comes from the same port that's used with the air pump.

max,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
HerbalAire
- Plus: 18 air jet, possible to use with ballon or whip, made in teflon, affordable price.

Arizer Extreme Q
- Plus: design, remote control, possible to use with ballon or whip.
- Minus: to much glass parts, a bit more expensive.

i would suggest that once you use the ha in vapebong mode (direct draw through a bong) you'll be glad you will never have to deal with whips again! i thinnk whips aren't worth the benefits; they restrict airflow (especially in the ha), detract from the taste, and they get dirty fast which means you'll have to endure ongoing maintenance costs.

i have never used an eq before but i am pretty sure the eq can reach higher temps than the ha. im not sure how useful a remote control would be when you need to be within a whips length of the unit to use it anyways. both units can blow very nice balloons. you don't have to stir the ha at all. i would vote for you to get an ha, like i did!

vape4life

Banned for life
I have had numerous EQ's (including the E and v-tower) and used them since they were invented so that's my foundation of vaporizer knowledge (as well as brief stints owning a VHW and Herbo, but that's not important). I would recommend the HA, or if I had the choice I think I would go with the HA for next time. Or just go Solo! :)

vape4life,
Q > HA. Everyone has their preferences, but after owning both units, I prefer the Q for the followed clumsily lumped reasons.

-No teflon. Glass harvests honey and is neutral in flavor. Glass mouthpieces trump plastic ones IMO as well.
-500F capable. This is hotter than the Q or the Volcano, and makes the Q a wonderful concentrate bag blower. This is a big point for me.
-The remote is great. It seems hilariously superfluous in theory but is really very convenient.
-The HA design has a far greater amount of continuous conduction heating going on.

To address the Q's comparative weaknesses, people have also hooked up the Q directly to a bong by purchasing a 18.8mm female equipped piece which can act like a bowl, so it can operate similarly to the HA in that regard. If you want direct draw out of the Q just like the HA, then you could always buy a 18.8mm-male equipped arm, attach it to to the cyclone bowl and enjoy like that. To my knowledge no one has done it on this forum but there's nothing to stop you.

charliedontsurf,

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
Ive used both vapes, personally and according to ALL of my friends who have tried both everyone says the HA is much better. That being said the EQ isnt a bad vape at all but even my friend who owns an EQ said he likes my HA more. And this is why:
-First big issue i have with the eq that you will NEVER have to worry about in the HA is that you constantly have to stir up the bowl. but with the HA just pop in the crucible and forget about it.
-Secondly if its the glass parts you want, just do what i did and buy glass parts for the HA, theres step by step instructions and links to parts on the HA thread.
-Third is the durability. If i would have bought the EQ it would have been broken by now, ive dropped my HA from 5 feet and it still works fine.
-Another big thing i absolutly love about the HA is its portability, get a car adapter and you can take it anywhere, perfect for road trips, or i love to bring it skiing with me.
-The efficiency of the HA is unparalleled, ive never hit a vape that can extract EVERYTHING out of your bud so fast.

Like don't get me wrong im not talking shit on the eq but this is what it came down to for me when i was deciding between them, are you a person who wants portability? if yes HA. Are you a person who will break glass? if yes HA. I see it like the eq is great if your just gonna leave it in your house and you dont mind constant stirring. But the HA is great for everything, like its soo much more versatile, and its honestly more bang for your buck.

One thing you should know is that the EQ is pretty well equipped right out of the box, meaning good parts, and a decent whip, so your probably only going to be upgrading bags if you get it. The HA however is not well equipped out of the box. It has a HORRIBLE whip and i hated the teflon parts besides the white main mouthpiece. so if you do get the HA you WILL be upgrading it eventually. What I did is a new whip (must have), new glass mouthpieces and a glass MFLB tube to connect the white teflon mouthpiece to the whip. All of this costed me $25 which is completely worth it because it eliminates all of the negatives of the HA. And all of these upgrades can be found on the HA thread along with step by step instructions on how to install them (even though its common sense :D) aswell as links to the parts.

My setup with my HA is a whip with a g on g adapter so i can vapebong with my inline bubbler, My favorite thing about this vape over the EQ is that you pop a crucible in and start chiefin, i mentioned this before but IMO this is the number 1 thing the ha has over the eq, NO STIRRING its sooo care free.

budino

As first, thank you so much for all such quick reply, this is even more of what I was expecting! You all saved the life of this poor newbie to the vapor world...:)
As I saw, HA is a good machine, and direct experience of all of you make me glad and sure of what I have to buy.

Special thanks to Kevdog420 for is post full of tips.

Of course I think I have to upgrade them, specially because I will use it just by whip. I would buy my HA by vaposhop, but I can't find the upgrade kit. In which shop is available?

Thank you!

budino,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Of course I think I have to upgrade them, specially because I will use it just by whip.

Any reason why you are limiting your choice between these two bag/whip vapes if your going to be just using the whip?

If this will be your first and only vape and you will be using it mostly/all for whip, you might be better off with a different model.

Either way, any vape in the hand is worth more than nothing. Welcome to FC(fuckcombustion) by the way.

Tweak,

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
I can't find the upgrade kit. In which shop is available?

Thank you!

No prob man we're here to help!

but what do you mean by the "upgrade kit"? I believe your talking about an upgraded whip kit? if so there is none you just have to look on the HA forum for the post that shows it and order individual parts on amazon. The post includes links to buy parts.

Kevdog420,
Ive used both vapes, personally and according to ALL of my friends who have tried both everyone says the HA is much better. That being said the EQ isnt a bad vape at all but even my friend who owns an EQ said he likes my HA more. And this is why:
-First big issue i have with the eq that you will NEVER have to worry about in the HA is that you constantly have to stir up the bowl. but with the HA just pop in the crucible and forget about it.
-Secondly if its the glass parts you want, just do what i did and buy glass parts for the HA, theres step by step instructions and links to parts on the HA thread.
-Third is the durability. If i would have bought the EQ it would have been broken by now, ive dropped my HA from 5 feet and it still works fine.
-Another big thing i absolutly love about the HA is its portability, get a car adapter and you can take it anywhere, perfect for road trips, or i love to bring it skiing with me.
-The efficiency of the HA is unparalleled, ive never hit a vape that can extract EVERYTHING out of your bud so fast.

Like don't get me wrong im not talking shit on the eq but this is what it came down to for me when i was deciding between them, are you a person who wants portability? if yes HA. Are you a person who will break glass? if yes HA. I see it like the eq is great if your just gonna leave it in your house and you dont mind constant stirring. But the HA is great for everything, like its soo much more versatile, and its honestly more bang for your buck.

Replies from my experience

-The HA is not more portable, it has an additional airpump you have to tote around, which also needs an extra plug. This double-outlet requirement for blowing bags is a seldom mentioned weakness of the HA and I'm sure has led to a few "Oh, shit" situations when users realize they can't plug it in at their desk, bedside, what have you.
-Constant stirring is a overstatement. Bag blowing requires maybe two "stirs" to complete a large bowl, and for me a "stir" is merely consists of removing the Cyclone and giving it a good shake. Having to stir is preferable to having flavor and potency decreasing from constant, unwanted conduction heating like the HA suffers from.
-Adding glass to the HA is not going to take teflon out of its airpath. I know that's not precisely what you're claiming, but my point is, why have it in there at all? The Q has better flavor to me and it's pretty clear the lack of teflon and conduction heating are why.
-The Vriptech will extract faster, I guarantee it. Getting back to the Q though, I feel I can get completely depleted, dessicated powder using the Q with no problems, and without compromising the whole process with unwanted conduction and teflon.

Also, the vapor density of an elbow pack is something I could never replicate with my HA, even when maxing out the variables: using ground herb, pinned to the bottom portion of the crucible by a screen, with the temperature higher than I would of preferred. The Q's elbow packs are hard to beat and and to me can rival or surpass SSV/DBV ropes.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: Ronp

budino

Hello everyone!

@tweak: thanks for welcome. I said I will use mostly by whip 'cause I think is the quicker way, and even because I smoke always alone. Of course I will use balloons too (in front of a TV enjoying a movie :)), but I'm not a fan of vapbong. I don't know if there are other ways to use it...:)

@kevdog420: thanks man for your help. Can I ask where I find the HA forum? I would like to know as much as possible about it and share my experience.

@magic9: thanks to share, I'm gonna check it!

@charliedontsurf: hi mate. I don't care about portability 'cause I smoke just at home.

I can understand your point of view about teflon, that somehow is even more delicate of glass, but I don't think can give problems about warm conduction, if you consider is largely used for cooking.
You giving me a lot to think about, but HA costs 50€ less and this is a plus for me in those times.
Thanks so much to share your experience.

bye!

budino,
It's not that the teflon is delicate, it's actually very durable. It's that it is nowhere near as neutral and tasteless a substance as glass. The conduction I am speaking of has to do with the bowl system of the HA, which causes much greater constant conductive and radiant heat than a Q or Volcano system, in my opinion. People on the HA thread comment on a visible stream of vapor rising out of their idling units, this is not a coincidence.

charliedontsurf,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
budino said:
Can I ask where I find the HA forum?
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herbalaire-h2-1.276/

Here is the EQ on also.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/

charliedontsurf said:
People on the HA thread comment on a visible stream of vapor rising out of their idling units, this is not a coincidence.

I noticed this for sure. It kind of forced me to finish it all rather quickly. Held up to the light, a steady stream of vapor could be seen escaping.

Another thing to note, I believe the EQ has its electronics in the air path. May or may not be an issue for you. Either way you go, you can't go wrong. Both are well respected. I always suggest a log vape though. They will pay for themselves with efficiency, and is a simple, durable, extremely low maintenance way to start vaporizing. A must have for any vaporist, new or old in my opinion.

Magic9,

budino

Many thanks to everyone, now I have a clearer idea: I think I'll take an HA. Some time ago both had same price, but now HA is about 50€ cheaper...:)
Anyhow as I understood, both are excellent machines, so it's hard to wrong.

@magic9: thanks for the links!

Bye!

budino,

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
Wow, i've never quote myself before! lol After reading everything re: the HA after my post, I would DEFINITELY go with the EQ! Teflon may be used in non-stick pans, but inhaling its vapours is NOT healthy!! That, with some conduction and "steady stream" of vapour would make it a deal breaker for me.

IMO, you will NOT go wrong with an EQ!

not to be rude or anything but you're completely wrong. first off teflons vaporization point is very high, 400 f is the highest the HA can go meaning no harmful chemicals will be vaped. Also if your so worried about teflon there is multiple mods that completely do away with it, two i can think of is the GLASS solo stem and using a GLASS 18mm g on g adapter which fits perfectly into the HA's oven. Personally ive hit the eq and the HA side by side and i dont really notice that much of a difference in taste.

Oh and if your worried about teflon vaporizing you should also be worried about the silicon in your whip, or the plastic in your bags which your gonna get with every vape. all of these materials are designed to take temperatures of up to 400 so they are safe and as far as i can see are not an issue.

And by "steady stream" of vapor do you mean like when no crucible is in and the HA is on there is a steady stream of vapor? if so you're also wrong here because i've done this test multiple times with my HA after cleaning vape goo out of it and nothing vapes off without weed in the bowl.

Don't worry about health issues with the HA because there are none. Teflon has been proven to be a very safe compound at lower temperatures, if you don't believe me go do some research and find out the vape point of teflon!

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Wow, i've never quote myself before! lol After reading everything re: the HA after my post, I would DEFINITELY go with the EQ! Teflon may be used in non-stick pans, but inhaling its vapours is NOT healthy!! That, with some conduction and "steady stream" of vapour would make it a deal breaker for me.

IMO, you will NOT go wrong with an EQ!

I thought this was cleared up. According to MSDS, it's inert as long as it is relatively cool (under 500F). Since the unit only goes up to a listed 400F, +/- a few degrees either way, and you are in a safe range. Unless some new info that I am unaware of has came out. As long as you don't set fire to it or grind it up and start inhaling the dust. You wouldn't want to set fire to the whip or snort the glass of the EQ either.

http://www.solusii.com/PDFs/PTFE-MSDS.pdf

http://msds.dupont.com/msds/pdfs/EN/PEN_09004a2f806ab36e.pdf

EDIT*
Kevdog420 said:
And by "steady stream" of vapor do you mean like when no crucible is in and the HA is on there is a steady stream of vapor? if so you're also wrong here because i've done this test multiple times with my HA after cleaning vape goo out of it and nothing vapes off without weed in the bowl.

He's referring to the vapor leaking out of the mouthpiece when you are not hitting it. I had that issue. Might not be so bad with a longer glass mouthpiece, but when I held it up to the light, I could see it steadily coming out. You can always take the crucible out, but that was a pain in the ass for me, so I'd just finish the small amount I put in there, and sometimes wind up past where I wanted to be.

Magic9,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom