Herb storage?

howie105

After drying and curing its a cool dark and dry place with an occasional airing/visual check. If I notice something going wrong in a jar it either gets dumped, moved out. I have stored pot like this for over a year with good results.

Marshall160

What size pack would you put in a 7g quantity and at what interval do you need to change it?

And what % ?

Edit; nevermind all quantity ratios are on their site, thanks.

Last edited:
Marshall160,

little maggie

I've been using miron glass which I like. I've read that freezing is not good for herbs so I've stopped doing that.

little maggie,
Reactions: Adobewan

Monsoon

I've found that boveda packs are only good for short term storage, long term it changes how the bud smells. Best thing I've found is a vacuum sealer, even after several months it's as good as the day I got it. Only really works well if you buy several weeks worth at a time so you have some to set aside since reasling it every day defeats the purpose.

Baron23

I also use canning type jars and 62% Boveda packs. I like the bail type jars like this (and they can be found in any size from a wide array of manf and from a wide variety of retail outlets).

http://www.target.com/p/bormioli-rocco-fido-75-liter-canning-jar-clear/-/A-17482524

I have kept bud like this for up to a year and haven't noticed any change in smell or taste induced by the Boveda's but my nose barely made it out of the 80's in one piece. LOL

Squiby

I've been storing small amounts, like a gram or two, in small mirin glass jars lately. Thanks @little maggie !

For larger amounts, from 3 grams to an ounce, I use mason jars. I add a boveda and an oxygen pack, then vacuum pack to seal. For fully cured flowers this works great for long term storage.

hd_rider

Since discovering Infinity Storage Jars, that's all I'll use now. They come in a variety of sizes and can be purchased on Amazon.

SRAFJMJ.png

little maggie

Since discovering Infinity Storage Jars, that's all I'll use now. They come in a variety of sizes and can be purchased on Amazon.

SRAFJMJ.png
AKA miron glass: Miron violet glass works like a natural filter that blocks the aging wavelengths of light and lets in only the wavelengths that actually enhance potency (UV-A and infrared).
(I buy mine from Cannabit Pro from this website)

Last edited:

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I've been storing small amounts, like a gram or two, in small mirin glass jars lately. Thanks @little maggie !

For larger amounts, from 3 grams to an ounce, I use mason jars. I add a boveda and an oxygen pack, then vacuum pack to seal. For fully cured flowers this works great for long term storage.

What do you use to vacuum seal the mason jars?

How do these Mirin jars stack up? (no pun intended)

looney2nz,

Squiby

What do you use to vacuum seal the mason jars?

Regular and wide mouth mason jars can be vacuum sealed using the Food Saver system.

You need this hand held suction unit.

https://www.amazon.ca/FoodSaver-Fre...TF8&qid=1488857159&sr=8-7&keywords=Food+saver

And a jar sealer for either wide mouth jars or regular or get one of each as I did.

https://www.amazon.ca/FoodSaver-Wid...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FRGVK7QCZQXZ2ABVFEVC

You place the mason jar sealing disk on a jar, cover it with the jar sealer. Place the suction unit on top and press the button. In about 10 seconds you have a vacuum seal. Put the suction unit back in its charging station, twist off the jar sealer and screw on the mason jar ring. I use this for all the dry goods in my pantry. It will keep the contents fresh for years if stored in a cool dark place.

How do these Mirin jars stack up? (no pun intended)
The mirin jars are expensive but they are beautiful. I have small jars that I use for flowers that I am currently vaping. They can't be vacuum sealed but they seal tight. They are an effective attractive method to store your herbs.

Last edited:
Squiby,
Reactions: BD9

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
AKA miron glass: Miron violet glass works like a natural filter that blocks the aging wavelengths of light and lets in only the wavelengths that actually enhance potency (UV-A and infrared).
(I buy mine from Cannabit Pro from this website)
Thank you for the plug here @little maggie
Just found it now unfortunately. We have our Miron line moved to clearance, not because we don't like it, but there is a long story behind Miron in the US and our supplier has gone under. I've transitioned to JyARZ as well personally. Easier for me to color code things vs. labelling a Miron Jar somehow.

cannabis.pro,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
The small cvaults are nice too, can hold about half an ounce of denser herb. Gets kinda tight with the boveda but works well to keep a small stash fresh.

Planck

believes in Dog
For larger amounts, from 3 grams to an ounce, I use mason jars. I add a boveda and an oxygen pack, then vacuum pack to seal.

Seems counter productive to remove the oxygen with vacuum and then add an oxygen pack? Truthfully I have no idea what an oxygen pack is. What am I missing?

Most containers are too big for me, Jarz classic for example, nice but way too big. A 1/3 size Jarz classic in my dreams.

Squiby

Seems counter productive to remove the oxygen with vacuum and then add an oxygen pack? Truthfully I have no idea what an oxygen pack is. What am I missing?

Oxygen packs are used for long term storage of dry/dehydrated goods. They absorb the remaining oxygen from a sealed container such as a sealed mason jar or vacuum packed bag. It is a redundant fail safe measure to ensure your preserves are not exposed to oxygen.

They get hard and brittle as they absorb oxygen. When you open a vacuum sealed jar and take out the oxygen pack you know the seal was intact if the oxygen pack is still soft and pliable.

Planck

believes in Dog
Oxygen packs are used for long term storage of dry/dehydrated goods. They absorb the remaining oxygen from a sealed container such as a sealed mason jar or vacuum packed bag. It is a redundant fail safe measure to ensure your preserves are not exposed to oxygen.

They get hard and brittle as they absorb oxygen. When you open a vacuum sealed jar and take out the oxygen pack you know the seal was intact if the oxygen pack is still soft and pliable.

Excellent thanks, you are thorough! :)

Stored by Squiby, freshness guaranteed.

Planck,
Reactions: Squiby

Whitewabit

Have been using the glass jars used by one of the suppliers to the dispensary I use .. 3.5 grams of medicine originally comes in them and I re use them for other suppliers that use less air tight containers ..

Something similar in a head shop costs around 3 bucks .. for the equivalent size jar ..

Whitewabit,

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
I use 125ml mason jars (wide mouth) for my ground herb with a small 62% boveda (4 gram size).

And I store my whole buds in 250ml or 750ml mason jars (wide mouth) with a medium 62% boveda pack (8 gram size).

I store the ground herb jars in a stashlogix case and keep the whole bud jars in a cupboard.

JCharles,
Reactions: Squiby
Top Bottom