Herb Quality and Vapor?

Just some guy13

In your experience how much of a factor is the quality of herb you are using, in terms of producing dense, potent, flavorful vapor? Which vaporizer do you use?

I recently aquired an EVO and absolutely love it. While testing it out the first day, my friends and I discovered that our better quality herb was able to produce thick hits at much lower temperatures than the average quality tree. With the more expensive, "better" quality bud we could get extremely dense hits but the mids we used required us to increase the temperature to get similar clouds.

How important doyiu think quality of supply is to the overall vaping experience?

Thanks

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
The quality of herb being used most definitely has an impact on the vaping experience. It seems logical to me that the more potent the starting material is, the more vapor it will produce (or it will produce more potent vapor). Of course, I'm no expert, so YMMV.

EDIT: I should clarify. When I said the quality of herb impacts the "vaping experience", I intentionally left that pretty ambiguous. That statement could be interpreted in many ways. More potent herb requires less quantity to feel the effects (I think that's a safe assumption to make). Maybe that's a good thing, maybe it's not. Sometimes really potent, top-shelf bud is too much for me. Sometimes it's not. Depends on the strain. And how I'm feeling at the time. And how much I've already vaped. And what time of day it is, and what temperature I vape at, and a million other factors. Denseness and quantity of vapor (quantity, not quality, vapor quality is a whole other :worms: lol) depend on many factors such as how much you pack into the bowl, what vape you're using, what temperature you're at, how slow or fast you draw, etc.

What was the question, again? :hmm: I think I got myself sidetracked a little bit... :lol:

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The best herb is the one that medicates the best and has good flavor. I don't know anything about growing cannabis but it starts there. The farmer that grows it and knows what he or she is doing. If you can find someone with a green cannabis thumb they are worth their weight in gold. Or become one yourself if that sort of thing interests you.

I guess seeing the clouds can be satisfying but if it doesn't medicate very well or its too racy I don't care how expensive or what kind of grade it's given. We talked about the word quality in another thread I think it was @max. It's one of those words that is easy to overuse. I'm guilty of that myself.

I've had cannabis that cost $12 a gram and $5 it's just a price, I've had cheaper that was better than the more expensive strain. You usually can see good cannabis with your eyes and tell by smell but not always. I've had ratty looking cannabis that medicated oh so well.

I'm not sure what you mean about the question to quality of supply to overall vaporizing experience. I guess if it's in short supply that would be a problem. Usually if it's in short supply your product will cost more money.

The most important thing is tooooooooo Fuckcombustion.

Edit
If I have very dry cannabis I vaporize at a lower heat. It has a tendency to be more harsh the dryer it is. The temperature I use is dependent on what cannabis I'm using. I use higher temperatures 390ish for pain. Water does cut down on vapor flavor. I can go 400+ degrees with water filtration.

Vaporizing a lower temperature will give you less visible clouds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom