Help me find my ideal grinder

Hey everybody,

First of all: if I should start a own thread, then please contact me or a mod can move it. But I don’t want to open the 1001 grinder thread.

Now let me introduce myself briefly. I am 30 years old and come from Germany. More precisely from the north of Bavaria, the beautiful Lower Franconia. I am a cannabis patient and was able to discover what this wonderful plant is capable of.

I put a lot of emphasis on high quality paraphernalia. When I consume my medicine, I don't want to be bothered by technical problems. AND I have a problem, at least that's what my girlfriend says :D I on the other hand think it has become more of a passion by now.

I am looking for a grinder that meets all my requirements. So far I have bought and tested the following grinders (this is not meant to be an advertisement, I bought all of the following grinders myself and did not get a product from any manufacturer to review. These are just my personal thoughts):

Santa Cruz Shredder (3 pcs medium)

Santa Cruz Shredder Hemp Grinder (2 pcs & 3 pcs)

Brilliant Cut Grinder (Medium Grind Plate)

After Grow Solinder

SLX small

Kannastör Gr8ter V2

Mind Grinder

PUCC Grinder

Wolf Grinder (Combo Grinder with pipe and lighter holder)

Gleichdick Grinder (4 pcs)

Qubus

NV Grinder Ceramic

NV Grinder The Notch

Of course, I know that there is an almost infinite number of grinder manufacturers, but the selection in the premium segment is significantly reduced.

But now I have some questions for YOU!

- What is most important to you in a grinder?

- What do you think of a Youtube channel? I would only review the grinder from a technical point of view.

- What criteria would you be interested in?

- What other grinders would you be interested in?

- I would design each grinder in CAD. This way technical details can be explained more easily. Or do you think that this is overdo?

Maybe there are some grinder nerds among you who are also looking for THE grinder and want to research together with me.

Right now I am researching the patents of the different manufacturers. So far I have found the following:

Santa Cruz:

- https://patents.google.com/patent/US20130015278A1/en

- https://patents.google.com/patent/US20140217213A1/en

SLX:

- https://patents.google.com/patent/US9521929

Qubus and GrindersForLife have also written on their website that they have patented their grinders. However, it only says "patent pending". Maybe someone of you has more information about this. I can’t find anything about.

I have been reading along on this forum for over 2 years. Due to the lockdown, I feel like I have read the internet blank and so now I would like to actively participate.

Perhaps I should also note that I don't have a specific date for when I want to start making videos. I have to learn how to write a script, buy a camera + mic, learn how to edit videos, etc.

I am looking forward to your answers! Please let me know, what you think about it!

Many greetings, K.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey everybody,

First of all: if I should start a own thread, then please contact me or a mod can move it. But I don’t want to open the 1001 grinder thread.

Now let me introduce myself briefly. I am 30 years old and come from Germany. More precisely from the north of Bavaria, the beautiful Lower Franconia. I am a cannabis patient and was able to discover what this wonderful plant is capable of.

I put a lot of emphasis on high quality paraphernalia. When I consume my medicine, I don't want to be bothered by technical problems. AND I have a problem, at least that's what my girlfriend says :D I on the other hand think it has become more of a passion by now.

I am looking for a grinder that meets all my requirements. So far I have bought and tested the following grinders (this is not meant to be an advertisement, I bought all of the following grinders myself and did not get a product from any manufacturer to review. These are just my personal thoughts):

Santa Cruz Shredder (3 pcs medium)

Santa Cruz Shredder Hemp Grinder (2 pcs & 3 pcs)

Brilliant Cut Grinder (Medium Grind Plate)

After Grow Solinder

SLX small

Kannastör Gr8ter V2

Mind Grinder

PUCC Grinder

Wolf Grinder (Combo Grinder with pipe and lighter holder)

Gleichdick Grinder (4 pcs)

Qubus

NV Grinder Ceramic

NV Grinder The Notch

Of course, I know that there is an almost infinite number of grinder manufacturers, but the selection in the premium segment is significantly reduced.

But now I have some questions for YOU!

- What is most important to you in a grinder?

- What do you think of a Youtube channel? I would only review the grinder from a technical point of view.

- What criteria would you be interested in?

- What other grinders would you be interested in?

- I would design each grinder in CAD. This way technical details can be explained more easily. Or do you think that this is overdo?

Maybe there are some grinder nerds among you who are also looking for THE grinder and want to research together with me.

Right now I am researching the patents of the different manufacturers. So far I have found the following:

Santa Cruz:

- https://patents.google.com/patent/US20130015278A1/en

- https://patents.google.com/patent/US20140217213A1/en

SLX:

- https://patents.google.com/patent/US9521929

Qubus and GrindersForLife have also written on their website that they have patented their grinders. However, it only says "patent pending". Maybe someone of you has more information about this. I can’t find anything about.

I have been reading along on this forum for over 2 years. Due to the lockdown, I feel like I have read the internet blank and so now I would like to actively participate.

Perhaps I should also note that I don't have a specific date for when I want to start making videos. I have to learn how to write a script, buy a camera + mic, learn how to edit videos, etc.

I am looking forward to your answers! Please let me know, what you think about it!

Many greetings, K.

Hello and welcome to FC!

I do think this should be its own thread, mods will probably move it for you!

There are actually many others you may want to add to your collection before you begin, I just received the new Flower Mill and it is very nice and unique I think! (currently on sale until the new year) while I also pre-ordered the new United Machining grinder to arrive in January at some point... Also what about Space Case? Mendo Mulcher? Cali Crusher? The Ripper? Phoenician? Hemson Totem? The new Potent Crush2.0? Lift Innovations? HØJ Klip? QB-GON? Apextwenty2?? So many...

For me, most important features, are easy to use, hold and turn (ergonomics and hand strain)... Also need consistency of the grind (nicely even, whether its fine or coarse or in between)... Then probably appearance too (though I am a little ashamed to admit it!)

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Grüß Gott! For me grind consistency (= even without too much variation, fluffy), and low maintenance are the major aspects. Which is why I like my Brilliant Cut a lot, it shines in both. Always consistent and buttery smooth whatever I throw at it, even when I haven't cleaned it for months. I think that's hard to beat.

I very much agree with @Shit Snacks, looks are important. Not only as in „looking nice“, but also not appearing over engineered or clunky as some do in my eyes (Lift, Qubus, Phoenician etc. I'm sure they're cool, just totally not my thing). Minimalist and functional designs are the best (Pucc, BCG, Gleichdick). The people usually want lotsa colors too.

Edit: Also want to mention the →Stona Grinder from Germany. Silly name, interesting concept.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
There are three main things I am looking for in a grinder:

1) That the grinder provides multiple parts for different grind consistencies (A.K.A. different grind plates).

2) That the grind size-consistency is even (the size of each ground piece is as close to the same as possible).

3) That the grinder stays cleaner internally than its competitors over time (non-stick surface).

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I saw somebody post this somewhere, with nothing but good things to say about it. Handmade in Austria, not far from you (relatively speaking of course)

Edit: Didnt realize @Siebter mentioned them a couple posts back. I just never hear the name or see it anywhere really

Last edited:
BrianTL,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What grinders truly produce a “consistent” grind? They all put this Keif screen on the bottom when maybe it should be a sieve screen that keeps larger particulate in the grinding chamber until processed down to pass through the according LPI in the sieve. Similar to the idea behind dry sifting.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: BestBuds

Ramahs

What grinders truly produce a “consistent” grind? They all put this Keif screen on the bottom when maybe it should be a sieve screen that keeps larger particulate in the grinding chamber until processed down to pass through the according LPI in the sieve. Similar to the idea behind dry sifting.

Some trichomes are going to break off no matter how consistent your grind is.

Ramahs,
Thanks for your fast answers!

Maybe I should have mentioned that I am looking for a grinder with teeth, for the beginning. So I won't buy the Lift, Flower Mill, Hoj, Stona, Crown, etc.

@Shit Snacks My next grinders on the list are:

Space Case ( I can borrow from a friend)
Capu
Herb Ripper,
Cali Cursher,
Phoenician,
United Machining
Iaso goods
ApexTwenty2 (if I have the money for this bad boy someday)

@BrianTL : I already have the Gleichdick Grinder here.

But to get all the named grinder, I have to bust my bank :D So it will take some time I guess :D

@Ramahs The first point, you mendtioned is interesting. But to be honest different grind plates are a nice to have but I made the experience that once I found my favorite plate, I won't use the other one.

What do you guys think about that point?

So in conclusion the most important points for you are:

1. Grind consistency
2. Interface (usability)
3. Maintanance
4. Design
5. Features (different grindplates, changeable screens, etc..)

I would add some "technical" categories:

Price, size, material, weight, number of tooth, tooth design, distance tooth to tooth, cutting surface area, loading chamber, number of bores, size of the bores, screen size, volume of the ground herb container, volume of scuff collector, etc )

Do you think this is too much?

Last but not least may I get back to you regarding the patents from BrilliantCutGrinder and Qubus. Does anybody know where I can find these patents?

Best regards, K.

Ramahs

@Ramahs The first point, you mentioned is interesting. But to be honest different grind plates are a nice to have but I made the experience that once I found my favorite plate, I won't use the other one.

I certainly don't want the same grind with every vape I own. Some perform better with a super fine grind, some perform better with a medium grind, and some perform better with a more coarse and chunky grind.

So, I use different grinding plates, or sometimes entirely different grinders with different vapes. These differences can effect the type of vapor produced, and even the flavor I get from the same herb.

Also, the same vape can perform differently with different grinds. So, I like a variety of different grind options available to me, depending on what I'm in the mood for at the time, and what vaporizer I am using at the time.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for your fast answers!

Maybe I should have mentioned that I am looking for a grinder with teeth, for the beginning. So I won't buy the Lift, Flower Mill, Hoj, Stona, Crown, etc.

@Shit Snacks My next grinders on the list are:

Space Case ( I can borrow from a friend)
Capu
Herb Ripper,
Cali Cursher,
Phoenician,
United Machining
Iaso goods
ApexTwenty2 (if I have the money for this bad boy someday)

@BrianTL : I already have the Gleichdick Grinder here.

But to get all the named grinder, I have to bust my bank :D So it will take some time I guess :D

Never heard of capu or iaso before, they do seem nice too!! Hopefully some people here will buy them and tell us how they are...

What about sharpstone? that is one that so many people seem to have, or at least a knock off of, right?? plus Chromium crusher too, even cheaper on Amazon lol

Oh also what about interplanetary development, super weapon 2? Not sure if they have a newer version out now... Reasonably priced with some unique design elements, and they are a great company!

@Ramahs The first point, you mendtioned is interesting. But to be honest different grind plates are a nice to have but I made the experience that once I found my favorite plate, I won't use the other one.

What do you guys think about that point?

So in conclusion the most important points for you are:

1. Grind consistency
2. Interface (usability)
3. Maintanance
4. Design
5. Features (different grindplates, changeable screens, etc..)

I would add some "technical" categories:

Price, size, material, weight, number of tooth, tooth design, distance tooth to tooth, cutting surface area, loading chamber, number of bores, size of the bores, screen size, volume of the ground herb container, volume of scuff collector, etc )

Do you think this is too much?

No I don't think it's too much, those are all important things to take into account, they do make up the whole grinder, but yeah I narrowed mine to a top three...

I certainly don't want the same grind with every vape I own. Some perform better with a super fine grind, some perform better with a medium grind, and some perform better with a more coarse and chunky grind.

So, I use different grinding plates, or sometimes entirely different grinders with different vapes. These differences can effect the type of vapor produced, and even the flavor I get from the same herb.

Also, the same vape can perform differently with different grinds. So, I like a variety of different grind options available to me, depending on what I'm in the mood for at the time, and what vaporizer I am using at the time.

This is exactly why I justify having bought so many grinders now... Don't really mind it because I also have so many different strains on hand, which is also why I got an entire second BCG instead of just a second plate (and now the FM and UM too)

Last edited:
Happy new year to all.

ok I see, maybe I should develop my own grinder :D but first I will start with the reviews :D
I try to get from time to time a new grinder to test more.

Kannastor GR8TR V2
This grinder is already on the list. I bought it at a head shop when I was on vacation. Had the whole time the Kannastör in my hand. Then I asked the owner if a black one is in stock. He said yes and gave me a china clone... I recognized it when I was at home... Now I have the "Chongz" version of the Kannastör.

What about sharpstone? that is one that so many people seem to have, or at least a knock off of, right?? plus Chromium crusher too, even cheaper on Amazon lol

Oh also what about interplanetary development, super weapon 2? Not sure if they have a newer version out now... Reasonably priced with some unique design elements, and they are a great company!

Yes, I forgot the sharpstone, you are right! And I have never heard of the super weapon :D It looks nice!

I will prepare a list with different categories and share it with you.

davendk93

Enthusiast/Customizer
I got the hoj grinder. It slices and has various compartments that are removable. It’d be cool if you review it.

davendk93,
Top Bottom