Help Choose My Second Vaporizer (1st being MFLB)

tonytokes

Hi FC, I have had a MFLB for about 2 years now and love the thing to death as it has never let me down and properly introduced me into the vaping world. I was initially planning to upgrade my vaping experience with a WPW, PA and bong however the MFLB has some flaws that make me want to opt for a second complimentary vaporizer.

The (very) few things I do not enjoy about the MFLB is battery management and especially unfriendly it has been for me for social sessions. The problem with the MFLB is although I have passed the learning curve, my friends have not and to be honest most people don't have the patience and open mindedness to learn. I have only been able to teach a few of my friends to properly use it, so it has been pretty much a solo device to me.

Lets get into what I am looking in a vaporizer:
Price: $200 budget, as I said before I love my MFLB and the vaporizer I buy won't be replace the MFLB. Plus I am a cheap University student.

Delivery system: I won't be taking the vaporizer to too many parties. Mainly for use for small sessions (2-6 people) and solo use, I don't have too much experience with bag delivery systems so I don't know what's best. I am leaning more towards a whip attachment as I think it's awesome as fuck that I can attach it to a bong and it seems more solo-friendly (ie. not committed to finishing a whole bag everytime I vape)

Efficiency: As I said, the MFLB is the only vaporizer I have owned so I am not too familiar about how efficient or unefficient other vaporizers can be. I do feel the MFLB is efficient, so I would not mind losing some efficiency and getting big hits in exchange for a different experience.

Stealth: I am not looking for another portable unit. The vaporizer doesn't have to be too stealth or discrete as the MFLB fulfills that role, however it would be nice if it would be a nice little added bonus if it was.
How discreet do you need to be? Some vaporizers are easy to put away in a closet. Others stay out in the open and look like a potpourri warmer, etc. Some scream of paraphernalia.

Learning curve: I don't mind if it has any operational learning curves (I have a MFLB, I am completely fine with learning curves myself). However, I want a low, easy-to-use set-up so my friends who combust can hit it and still enjoy it. Hopefully I will be able to convert some people into vaporizing (I have converted 1 people so far!).

Temperature control: I don't know what to look for here, as I have only had a MFLB.

Options I have been looking at:
Da Buddha - seems like a heavy hitter for a good price. Only questions I have is how long does it take to heat up and how is the learning curve? Does it attach readily to a bong (would be a very nice bonus :p)
Extreme Q - versatile: whip and bag delivery. Only concern is start up time and I hear it does not excel in either category?
SSV - same reasons as Da Buddha
A log vaporizer? - I hear they can be very efficient. How are they in sessions?

If you guys have any suggestions on the current vaporizers I'm looking at or any other vaporizers, let me know!

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
A log requires a bit of technique but do hit heavy when you hone your skills in. The DBV and Arizer are extraordinary vaporizers and both are tried and true. The Q offers a little more versatility as it offers a fan and bag blower. IMO the newer arizers heat up as fast or faster than the Buddha. Whenever somebody asks me about a first or next level from something like the LB I tend to recommend the Solo. It's extremely efficient, as a portable (IMO)it offers one of the best flavors available and there's PA available technically rendering it a desktop.

The SSV, although a fantastic unit is a bit more expensive. Keep in mind it was also designed as 7th floors hands on whip approach.

I think your on the right track track, us nerds will get ya set straight.

:tup:

clouded vision

well it seems like you have really done your homework. I would suggest you also look at the LSV if you are looking for something to hook up with a bong. Really though you can't go wrong with any of the 7th floor vapes. I think the SSV might not be exactly what you are looking for though because of the larger bowl which isn't the most conducive to solo use (depending on your tolerance) but there are some things you can do to help that such as using an EQ screen to move the load closer to the heating element. All 3 of them heat up within 2 minutes, I just turn mine on while I'm packing then abd they are ready to go when I'm done.I also think they will be the ones that your smoker friends will like the most as they are heavy hitters that come closest to a smoke hit (within your budget). the learning curve on them isn't to bad either, every person I have shown how to use it can pull monster hits within one bowl.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I second the LSV. It has the same components as the SSV or DBV but is much better at sharing(imo) and mating with glass. Plus, it is 185$ delivered from 7th floor.

You might want to check out the Vapolution 2 also. I haven't tried it, but have been following the thread closely in anticipation of buying and it seems to be an amazing vape for around 110$,

tonytokes

Thanks for the response guys! I am definitely liking at how the 7th floor products are looking. Just have a few questions.

Extreme Q - definitely the more versatile option we're looking at, however I heard it doesn't excel in either of it's delivery system. Would the DBV be significantly better than a EQ on it's whip?

Wow, I just looked up the LSV I am amazed. It looks so small and easy to carry around, that would be especially good for me because for the next few months my primary form of transportation is biking. Does the LSV only work best when vapor-bonging? How does it hit dry? If we compared the LSV to the DBV what are the pros and cons they have against each other?

chimpybits

Thanks for the response guys! I am definitely liking at how the 7th floor products are looking. Just have a few questions.

Extreme Q - definitely the more versatile option we're looking at, however I heard it doesn't excel in either of it's delivery system. Would the DBV be significantly better than a EQ on it's whip?

Wow, I just looked up the LSV I am amazed. It looks so small and easy to carry around, that would be especially good for me because for the next few months my primary form of transportation is biking. Does the LSV only work best when vapor-bonging? How does it hit dry? If we compared the LSV to the DBV what are the pros and cons they have against each other?
I've tried both the SSV and the EQ whip and do find I can more easily produce big cloudy hits from the SSV. The EQ is light and plasticy and the SSV is heavy metal. However, the EQ whip is easier to pass around as it can rotate 360 degrees about the heater. Personally I agree with deadheadbill and would drop the whip and opt for the LSV for better sharing and water use. It was designed for water use, but hits dry fine. I don't find it to be small - it's bigger with the transfer wand.

I understand the 7th Floor products have the same internal components (heater), but vary in terms of form factor. So, really the pros and cons of the LSV vs the DBV come down to direct draw vs whip. I've had the SSV for some time and look forward to losing the whip and going direct draw. Log+bong or LSV+bong appeal more.

clouded vision

The LSV. is a monster wet or dry. with an all glass vapor path the taste is amazing, adding tubing to the mix well diminish the taste slightly but my SSV still tastes great. The advantages of the DBV over the LSV. are that you can leave it on 24/7 and the vapor will be slightly less harsh through the tube because you are putting more distance between you and the heat source, of course you can hook up tubing on the LSV and accomplish the same thing.

tonytokes

I don't find it to be small - it's bigger with the transfer wand.

Interesting, which of the 3 would be the easiest to transport in lets say a backpack (DBV vs LSV vs EQ)?

Ah, I am so conflicted. I am mainly looking at the LSV and the EQ ATM. I definitely feel like I would be like a more direct-draw kinda guy. I don't know if my friends would really like the bag option more or not. Leaning more towards the LSV for sure.

edit: :o just saw a EQ review. Does the whip and bag attachment fit readily into a regular bong?!

Last edited:
tonytokes,

chimpybits

Interesting, which of the 3 would be the easiest to transport in lets say a backpack (DBV vs LSV vs EQ)?

Ah, I am so conflicted. I am mainly looking at the LSV and the EQ ATM. I definitely feel like I would be like a more direct-draw kinda guy. I don't know if my friends would really like the bag option more or not. Leaning more towards the LSV for sure.

edit: :o just saw a EQ review. Does the whip and bag attachment fit readily into a regular bong?!
I think the LSV would be the easiest to backpack - simpler shape and no whip. All the 7th floor products come with their own bags designed to fit the vape, but you could use another bag (backpack) as long as you've protected the vape and especially the glass bits.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Any of them are easily backpacked as long as you leave them in their padded cases. I personally take my LSV, a water piece(whatever I feel like atm) some herb, grinder, transfer wand et all in the bag whenever I head out of town for the weekend. No breakage at all so far.

They are all good products and will do you fine, but I will say there is just something cool about passing a "Life Saber" that looks like something from Star Wars around to all of your friends. My friends really freaked when I showed up with an hydratube for it. :)

natural farmer

I would suggest getting a Lotus vaporizer over these cumbersome beasts...

It can cover all of your needs and costs less than the MFLB with a spare pair of batteries.

You will also experience freedom from electricity and non stop operation at parties for evah (as long as butane exists)!!!
Pairing it with a glass piece only elevates the experience even more! :smug:

Easiest vape to convert smoker friends. Feels like smoking a designer pipe, tastes as good as the best tasting vapes out there, hits like the strongest ones! 2 secs is all it takes. Maintenance is also minimal for evah! More efficient than anything I've tried too... Did I mention it's portability? :lol:

I can't see how it could let you down. Learning curve is almost non existent with the new model. Even for noobs!

It replaced all previous vapes for me and for the time ended my VAS. :tup: :cheers:

Last edited:
natural farmer,

Tweek

My VAS was killed by the Sublimator, but that is way out of your price range. When I was just starting out, I really got alot of pleasure out of my SSV. You could also go for the DBV as well. The nice thing is, it is simple, effective, lightweight, comes with a pouch to carry it around, and you can now buy an attachment for dabbing. So not a bad little package for the price.

There are some other low cost options (Vapolution, Herbalaire, etc) but if you are narrowed down to your listed choices, you can't really go wrong with a 7th floor product.

Most importantly...have fun.

tonytokes

I just had a session last night with a friends EQ with 5 other people. I gotta say I take back what I said I love the bag. I am leaning more towards the EQ now. I also found out Arizer is a company based out of Waterloo Canada, my home town!

tonytokes,
Top Bottom