Heated dab tool

gratefulabe

Using a 710coil erig setup, I find sauces are hard to get off a tool and it’s too hard to heat it with a lighter or torch and then get the carb cap on quick enough. Is there anything out there other than the Dr Dabber Budder Cutter?

gratefulabe,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
What dabber are you using? I stick my dabber right where the floor and sides of the banger meet, sauces should be melting off very easy.

I agree, I put my little shovel against the wall midway up the coil and within 1-1.5 seconds, everything slides right off, you definitely don't need anything like that. Is your dabber wood or something else out of the ordinary?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I do the same... I used to move my dabber about to spread material across my dish, but I've realized the right carb cap will do that for me. I simply put my tool into a corner, let everything melt off, remove tool, and drop the cap on.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: EmDeemo

hd_rider

Thank you for this thread!

Up until now, I've been 'cold dabbing', that is putting my concentrate into the cup with my dab tool prior to heating. Like the OP indicated, I end up always having to clean my dab tool, resulting in some waste. It never occurred to me to just put the dab tool in the cup and melt it off.

I'll have to break out my SWITCH for the New Year's holiday and give this a try.

hd_rider,

gratefulabe

I did order a Budder Cutter to try, <$40 with a discount code I found. Will report back.

gratefulabe,

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
@LesPlenty is using an IH, here's a post from the dabpress thread

Did a 50g (2x25g puck) press today, pre-pressed in the 40mm bottle tech puck in my 1-ton vice,
img_20191218_211742-jpg.15272

Fit easily (3mm spare), could have done 2x28g,

img_20191218_212218-jpg.15273

71C (160f) 2000psi(gauge) for 4 min then 4000psi for another 2 min for 3.7g,

img_20191218_213309-jpg.15274

Houston, we had a blow-out:o,

img_20191218_213840-jpg.15277

Collecting in this heat makes things slicky and tricky,

img_20191218_214346-jpg.15276

A quick dip in the IH and the rosin wipes off the tool easily:myday:,

img_20191218_214403-jpg.15278

Wipes off easily,

img_20191218_214442-jpg.15279

I repressed each puck again separately at 95c (203f) for a further 1.4 g
So total was 5.1g from 50g...I am going back to single 10g loads as it easier and seems to get better/easier results.
Still came out nice for the shitty winter buds from last year :tup:,

img_20191218_232953-jpg.15280

Moses Baca,

gratefulabe

Well it really doesn't do what I hoped it would. The tip doesn't heat enough to allow for the concentrate to just drip off. I can see how it would be helpful to cut sheets of things though. The tips it comes with are very cheap looking and small. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll sell it for a good deal.

gratefulabe,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Baron23

Using a 710coil erig setup, I find sauces are hard to get off a tool and it’s too hard to heat it with a lighter or torch and then get the carb cap on quick enough. Is there anything out there other than the Dr Dabber Budder Cutter?
Yep, my first thought is what are you using as a dab tool.

A thick glass pencil dabber may take a bit longer to get hot and let the oil melt off than...say, one of my overpriced favorites, D-nail forked dabber.

I would try a Ti dabber....for sauce I'm thinking just a flat blade dabber.

I have some CCA710 carb cabs with dab tool handles from my Liger v2.0 purchase some years ago. The shovel tool is handy for dry sugar, but in general the tools are FAR too big and heavy to melt a sticky dab off of.

Just my thoughts, hope they are somewhat useful.

Edit:

Well it really doesn't do what I hoped it would. The tip doesn't heat enough to allow for the concentrate to just drip off. I can see how it would be helpful to cut sheets of things though. The tips it comes with are very cheap looking and small. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll sell it for a good deal.

Wow, I wish I had seen this thread earlier....yeah, that Budder Cutter is just that....for slicing up big ass slabs of shatter. I bought one, never even took it out of the box. It was obviously not what I was looking for at the time.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I sometimes do this,
img_20191021_175623-jpg.13947

img_20191021_160739-jpg.13952

No rush, just wait for the concentrate to melt off then slide out the dabber and draw away.:tup:
I think you can buy purpose-built quartz sets to do what I do without the Ti stick.:myday:

Top Bottom