Heat treating PPE!!!

slozukimc

I had an idea that I hope can help so I am spreading the word wherever I can.

56 degrees Celsius is supposed to kill the Coronavirus according to the WHO.

Most hospitals in the US have blanket warmers that get to 160 degrees F.

How about we use the blanket warmers as a way to heat treat PPE so it can be reused???

virtualpurple

When I win the lottery I'm buying a blanket warmer. I LOVE those things.

There’s a rumor that floated around the hospital I worked at as an ER nurse (and my be returning to for Covid relief) that during a roughly 1 month period that one of our blanket warmers was busted and out of commission (Our department has 2) that our patient satisfaction scores dropped sharply in the emergency department.

it could have just been rumors but I doubt it. There have been more than a few studies that support the idea. Keeping people warm makes them feel more secure, safe, and well cared for. It makes sense, I know every time I would grab a few blankets from the warmer (that is key) and tuck them around the patient I would see them get the same look I would when I was a child and would come in from sledding and my mom would wrap us up in blankets straight from the dryer.

some things just make you feel a comfort that is hard to articulate. And Anything that brings the patient a little closer to that feeling is worth me running to the other side of the department for.

I mention 2 blankets because it is a game changer. Hospital blankets are so thin, a single folded blanket let’s the heat escape far too quickly, using the second blanket is almost like wrapping a warm burrito in tin foil, that heat seals in for far longer. It’s a game changer.

@Madri-Gal I highly suggest following my mother’s game plan and treating yourself to blankets from your clothes dryer at least a few times!

virtualpurple,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
I had an idea that I hope can help so I am spreading the word wherever I can.

56 degrees Celsius is supposed to kill the Coronavirus according to the WHO.

Most hospitals in the US have blanket warmers that get to 160 degrees F.

How about we use the blanket warmers as a way to heat treat PPE so it can be reused???
I don't know about blanket warmers but here is something put out by Standford showing that they can sterilize masks by putting them in an oven, they are using a temperature of 158f.

https://m.box.com/shared_item/https://stanfordmedicine.box.com/v/covid19-PPE-1-1
Cool. So rosin is basically safe :ko::science:.

Top Bottom