Healthy Rips doesn't seem to get much love here - what am I missing?

mlg

I'm seriously committed to full convection vaping of flower. That seems to be the best system for me. I first purchased a Mighty and was somewhat disappointed almost from the start. I find it gets dirty very easily, is a real pain to clean and still never smells or feels fully cleaned. I've used it with a titanium mouthpiece and most recently, with a glass adapter with small divots which catch a lot. But the glass adaptor means I'm drawing from directly over the vaporizing herb. I suspect I'm very reactive to its "hybrid" system and I'm reacting to the induction part.

Looking for something to carry around from time to time I got a Microq which I actually found pleasant enough but it's not convection. It broke. I then found the Healthy Rips which , as I understand it, is full convection. I like the HR with the 3" glass tem with divots. It's pretty good - but I miss the flavors I was able to get from a truly clean Mighty.

I'm wondering what might provide the full convection of HR with the flavors I was able to experience when the Mighty was really clean. I've noticed HR doesn't seem to be thought of much around here even though it is convection. This indicates to me I should perhaps look further.

All suggestions and ideas greatly appreciated.

bhasma

Perhaps the Tinymight ?
I don't have any HR vapes, but the Tinymight is like a high quality Rogue with on-demand pure convection.

Last edited:
bhasma,

cptofnthng

Mighty is hybrid heating. About the HR vapes im not Sure. But its not the newest/ strongest tech they provide. Tinymight, firewood might be up your alley

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
The arizer Solo 2 and possibly their similar options can work as a convection device with minimal conduction, You can get them for a third the price of a Tinymight 2 if you are on a budget. (i think they do a similar one with a replaceable battery)
Although it cant reach the temperature a tinymight reaches. Less painfull if you loose it though.
I suspect the Tinymight could replace a desktop from what people say.
For me the arizer Solo 2 falls just short, but i use Cannabis as an anti-inflammatory and for pain.
I still use it on occassion, it tastes Good, Just not as hard hitting as a desktop but still usefull as a portable.
It does get a little hotter than the Mighty far as i know, and is more convection based.
The Solo2 reaches 200c, but all the stated temperature for device are guides rather than spot on accurate due to variences in almost everything.
It is increadibly easy to clean. I do not regret buying it, it was my first Vape.
I dont have a Tinymight 2, decided on a Devine Tribe V5 and concentrates(rosin) instead for hard hitting portable tasty medication.works great recreationaly too........You will ruin your partners clothes iron making small batches of rosin. but you can use sheets of parchment paper between the iron and clothes in an emergency...........

Curious Gorilla,

Razhumikin

I'm seriously committed to full convection vaping of flower. That seems to be the best system for me. I first purchased a Mighty and was somewhat disappointed almost from the start. I find it gets dirty very easily, is a real pain to clean and still never smells or feels fully cleaned. I've used it with a titanium mouthpiece and most recently, with a glass adapter with small divots which catch a lot. But the glass adaptor means I'm drawing from directly over the vaporizing herb. I suspect I'm very reactive to its "hybrid" system and I'm reacting to the induction part.

Looking for something to carry around from time to time I got a Microq which I actually found pleasant enough but it's not convection. It broke. I then found the Healthy Rips which , as I understand it, is full convection. I like the HR with the 3" glass tem with divots. It's pretty good - but I miss the flavors I was able to get from a truly clean Mighty.

I'm wondering what might provide the full convection of HR with the flavors I was able to experience when the Mighty was really clean. I've noticed HR doesn't seem to be thought of much around here even though it is convection. This indicates to me I should perhaps look further.

All suggestions and ideas greatly appreciated.
HR is not pure convection, its hybrid like the mighty. Honestly, no mass manufactured portable is gonna give you good flavor, look into the artisan vapes and youll find what youre looking for. Vapes like a milaana or tetra p80, or 510s like a splinter or iheat, are relatively easy to find on the secondary market and will give you much better flavor and power than anything made in a factory.

bhasma

The arizer Solo 2 and possibly their similar options can work as a convection device with minimal conduction, You can get them for a third the price of a Tinymight 2 if you are on a budget. (i think they do a similar one with a replaceable battery)
I had an Arizer Air Max (with replaceable battery) and I gave it away when I tried the Tinymight. I prefer the Anvil indoors (butane is a problem with wind or bright sunlight) but the Tinymight shines outdoors and always puts a smile on my face.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
HealthyRips is one brand sold by the same manufacturer in China. It's also sold under other brand names such as Wolkenkraf, Fenix, and even the PlanetOfTheVapes One. They are decent mid-grade vaporizers which often don't get much love because they are a first-purchase for many users. The POTV One is an insanely popular selling device for POTV, but that's because it's an economical choice which performs well at that price point.

I enjoy my Rogue, but for sure it's not the best for flavor chasing. For flavor chasing, you're going to want a glass vapor path which can be easily removed and cleaned.

Personally I felt that the Mighty was not the best for flavor chasing simply because the cooling unit does get nasty with some reclaim honey that will tarnish the flavor of subsequent sessions. Even still I think they're better for getting smooth dry rips, but not necessary the most flavor possible.

Currently when I'm in the mood to flavor chase, I'll grab an Arizer Air Max and pair it with a small waterpipe using a nice and clean 18mm WPA adapter (I keep all my screens and glass bits crystal clean using an ultrasonic cleaner). It's not the fastest extraction on the market, but it produces some delicious flavor especially if you start at low temps (like 300F) and work your way up.

Previously I used an E-Nano log vaporizer to cloud/flavor chase while vaporbonging, but that was just *too* easy to use since it was always preheated running at my desired temps making it too easy to get carried away dosing constantly throughout the day getting nothing done lol

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
HealthyRips is one brand sold by the same manufacturer in China. It's also sold under other brand names such as Wolkenkraf, Fenix, and even the PlanetOfTheVapes One. They are decent mid-grade vaporizers which often don't get much love because they are a first-purchase for many users. The POTV One is an insanely popular selling device for POTV,
Absolutely spot on. I had the Fury Edge my second device after dyna. It’s session based and mostly conduction. The new POTv Lobo has more convection as they moved the heater away from the chamber and improved the airflow. Lobo also improved on the design with the removable battery.

My biggest complaint about the Edge/One/Rogue style was that it was session, not on demand and took me 3 x 6 minutes cycles to get where I wanted.

Previously I used an E-Nano log vaporizer to cloud/flavor chase while vaporbonging, but that was just *too* easy to use since it was always preheated running at my desired temps making it too easy to get carried away dosing constantly throughout the day getting nothing done lol

Logs is too easy. :rockon::rockon:

Nothing wrong with microdosing, on demand, full convection…if that’s your style of use its the best way!

GoldenBud

HR is not pure convection, its hybrid like the mighty. Honestly, no mass manufactured portable is gonna give you good flavor, look into the artisan vapes and youll find what youre looking for. Vapes like a milaana or tetra p80, or 510s like a splinter or iheat, are relatively easy to find on the secondary market and will give you much better flavor and power than anything made in a factory.
exactly this
small heater hence it had to be conduction too (the walls of the chamber conduct.....) . small and low weight heater... small coil
they market themself as convection i think, but it's not the case

GoldenBud,

Mndeadhead

What about the AVLP? I know folks say you are getting some conduction if you go in session mode, but if you go on demand, is it pure convection? Would that be an option for OP as well?

Mndeadhead,
Reactions: seedy53

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Absolutely spot on. I had the Fury Edge my second device after dyna. It’s session based and mostly conduction. The new POTv Lobo has more convection as they moved the heater away from the chamber and improved the airflow. Lobo also improved on the design with the removable battery.

My biggest complaint about the Edge/One/Rogue style was that it was session, not on demand and took me 3 x 6 minutes cycles to get where I wanted.

Yeah, Just got my Lobo delivered today. It has a slightly larger diameter oven than the Rogue, and it heats up reasonably fast. However my device still takes 50 seconds to heat up to 350F. I don't know if I'd exactly call that "on-demand". Especially when I can load, heat up, extract from 0.15g with a Lotus vaporizer in a single massive rip, and finish my sesh in under 45 seconds lol - THATS what I'd consider on-demand lol

Overall the Lobo is for sure a nice upgrade over the POTV One - I really like that they used a removable 18650 battery instead of using a sealed-in battery like normal. Also I did notice that the Lobo has more draw restriction than the Rogue which I found interesting - likely to help with novice users who might pull too hard.

What about the AVLP?

I've heard some good stuff about the device to be honest. But I feel like they're a smaller niche brand in America which doesn't get enough attention yet. Their first devices back in 2015 kinda flopped (although I thought they kinda looked cool). It seems like the Legacy Pro is their first real popular device.

I'm honestly interested to acquire an AVLP to see how it stacks up against other devices in my collection. Maybe I'll snag one over Black Friday if there's a good deal.

Last edited:

mlg

Thanks for the information. I'm pretty sure my answer lies somewhere in the artisan vapes, all of which I've never heard of. Where might I start to learn about arisan vapes? I gather you think that one of these would be a real improvement over the Tiny Might 2 that several people here have recommended?
Thanks again.

Razhumikin

I would really say, if you want tobmaximize flavor while minimizing spending, look into the world of 510s. You can get a splinter for pretty cheap on the secondary market, and mods forbit arent very expensive. thatll provide you with all the power and flavor you need on the go. The tinymight 2 will have less of a learning curve for setting it up, but its not really that much work and you save a bunch of money. Also, while the TM is a fine vape, i have tried it a few times and was not overly impressed with the flavor, YVMV.

GoldenBud

But the Splinter has only 2 holes for airflow, TM has like 12 or more, 18 maybe? More even extraction And when you OTG say thanks you have a convection vape imho, taste is not the most important, when you're at home enjoy taste

The taste of Tp80 is much better than TM yea and even extraction too but very rare and more expensive in the secondary market

But I agree the taste of Splinter v2 is a bit better than TM but even extraction is important otg without stirring

GoldenBud,

Razhumikin

I get very even extraction on my splinters, thats more about calibrating the settings right than the number of airholes. Of course splinter isnt the only option, a milaana or iheat 510 or any number of artisan devices would do the trick.

cptofnthng

I think the TM really shines in flavor with temp stepping and a Glass j-hook. The lotus may have been the best tasting vape, but it also had its downsides. The bowle tastes surprisingly good too, but its not a workhorse.

cptofnthng,

GoldenBud

I think the TM really shines in flavor with temp stepping and a Glass j-hook. The lotus may have been the best tasting vape, but it also had its downsides. The bowle tastes surprisingly good too, but its not a workhorse.
so tp80/splinter v2 taste, imho, is very pure, somehow as deep as taste of the lotus. also mi3 in this same category.
tm or tm 1.5 gives less pure taste imho (in the same or almost same temp and draw speed)

GoldenBud,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think this showcases how subjective taste can be, especially at the more flavorful end. I absolutely love my Splinters, but I find that the Tinymight can unlock more flavor at the low end. But obviously you mileage will vary.

Last edited:

mlg

HealthyRips is one brand sold by the same manufacturer in China. It's also sold under other brand names such as Wolkenkraf, Fenix, and even the PlanetOfTheVapes One. They are decent mid-grade vaporizers which often don't get much love because they are a first-purchase for many users. The POTV One is an insanely popular selling device for POTV, but that's because it's an economical choice which performs well at that price point.

I enjoy my Rogue, but for sure it's not the best for flavor chasing. For flavor chasing, you're going to want a glass vapor path which can be easily removed and cleaned.

Personally I felt that the Mighty was not the best for flavor chasing simply because the cooling unit does get nasty with some reclaim honey that will tarnish the flavor of subsequent sessions. Even still I think they're better for getting smooth dry rips, but not necessary the most flavor possible.

Currently when I'm in the mood to flavor chase, I'll grab an Arizer Air Max and pair it with a small waterpipe using a nice and clean 18mm WPA adapter (I keep all my screens and glass bits crystal clean using an ultrasonic cleaner). It's not the fastest extraction on the market, but it produces some delicious flavor especially if you start at low temps (like 300F) and work your way up.

Thanks - knowing that what I'm after is a glass vapor path will help a lot. It also rules out a lot of "almosts" and "wannabes".

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I’m pro convection too but don’t rule out good conduction or hybrid vapes— neither the Vapman nor Firewood take a backseat to any vape mentioned for flavor.

I haven’t tried the Firewood 9 but understand it’s more convection forward than my series 7. For a walkaround portable, the FW line has one of the best form factors out there and the vapor path is all glass and ceramic.

The front page of the Portable Vaporizers section is a good place to dive deeper. Just stay off the Nomad/Toad threads if you want it this year.

Greenleaf88

I had an Arizer Air Max (with replaceable battery) and I gave it away when I tried the Tinymight. I prefer the Anvil indoors (butane is a problem with wind or bright sunlight) but the Tinymight shines outdoors and always puts a smile on my face.
Same setup vapman day time home time anvil night time and tm2 outdoors 💪

Top Bottom