Healthiest Vaporizer Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan Carter

I am about to invest in a vaporizer and I need some help picking one out!

My biggest concern is health and the way the vape heats up.. Im guessing ceramic is the healthiest option or even stainless steel? Which vaporizers have the best/healthiest heating methods?

I am drawn towards the Aromed for health reasons but I am curious about others.. I really have been looking for handheld and the Crafty and Mighty both look awesome, but Im not sure how health conscious the make is? Most of it looks like plastic and Im not sure how the heating element works..

I own the Arizer Solo and it just doesn't do it for me. Water filtration would be nice. My budget is under $500.

its really between the Aromed, the VapeXhale, and the Crafty/Mighty/Plenty.. Thanks so much!

Evan Carter,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: sativasam

Evan Carter

Thanks Ratchett!

Can you use the Volcano with a water pipe? I think that adds even more of a filter than just straight up vapor.

Evan Carter,

MinnBobber

My biggest concern is health and the way the vape heats up.. Im guessing ceramic is the healthiest option or even stainless steel? Which vaporizers have the best/healthiest heating methods?
HI,
I'd suggest considering the miniVAP. Read some of the miniVAP posts,
It was developed in Spain for European cannabis research and was
certified clean/pure at the same university as the Volcano.
Hand held and unique that it can:
-operate as a battery portable with HUGE battery capacity (3 hours on low temp)
-with optional tiny AC puck it operates as a desktop.
Supreme flavor.
Supreme efficiency-- max medication with minimal bud.
I love the Flexicone baskets one can use, picture below. With no buds directly in the bowl,
it almost never needs cleaning.

If it grabs you, @stickstones here on FC sells miniVAPs
Also, @Ratchett here on FC sells some sweet accessories for miniVAP AND for Mighty/Crafty.
Check out his store Delta3DStudios---silicone and 3D printed goodies.

miniV1.jpg

Your other handheld choice (Mighty) is also a very high quality unit. Has to be cleaned a lot is a negative for some. IMO, if you go that route---get the Mighty over the Crafty as Mighty has twice the battery life and reliability is much better too.

Other members advice will be valuable too.

Evan Carter

Thank you!

I will research the minivap.. Can you use it well with water filtration?

I am very drawn towards the vapexhale evo as they are having a sale on their website $350 for vapexhale evo and a free water pipe attachment.. Question: is this vapexhale evo different than the vapexhale cloud evo? Are they the same thing?

Evan Carter,
Reactions: DDave

MinnBobber

Thank you!

I will research the minivap.. Can you use it well with water filtration?
miniVAP can be used many ways with different water pieces.
Below is with Ratchett Song (Silicone cover that fits over mV cover) 18 mm or 14 mm male connector.
Connected to a hydratube:
Song%20w%20HT.jpg

with Ratchett Song and inverted into bubbler. mV here is with AC puck.

Song%20w%20bubbler.jpg

I often start session with lower temps and Song + long Oregon Glass blower mouthpiece for cooling effect and maximum flavor
mV%20Oregon%20mpiece.jpg

Then at higher temps switch to bubbler.

Actually, you can switch from direct draw to bubbler in 3 seconds without any bubbler by removing the Flexicone basket , inverting it into bubbler so wire basket is up, inverting mV chamber onto the basket, vape away. Pic below: This is done without the mV screw on cover (shown in above post #5)---open face style
IonmV2.jpg

Many more ways to use it too :)

Evan Carter

Awesome.. It is $519 right now online, and the Vapexhale Evo is on sale for $350 with the water tube.. What would you go for?

I am drawn towards the evo, but as someone with ashtma and living in a small building, I am also looking for a vaporizer that doesn't "smoke." I dont want to be coughing, or also stinking up my apartment.. The point of the vaporizer for me is less smoke in my lungs and maybe a little less smell? My only problem with the evo is it looks like it produces huge clouds that might make me cough?

The minivap, vapexhale evo, crafty, and then the aromed.. Those 4 I am stuck deciding between.. Which would you choose? Thank you!

davesmith

Glass Blower
Or the nano. Ceramic heating and ss air path. Glass vapour path. Depends what you consider safe.

Isn't the vopolution meant to be all glass etc? I remember seeing an advert type thing and the feel was very 'medical-ie' I think.

There will be others who will offer good insight too. All the vapes you mentioned are safe bets. just personal preference. I'd prob get the evo or mighty, depending on wether I wanted portability or not.

If I was pushed the 'safest' vape imo is the volcano. what @Ratchett said, there's certificates and shit. Get me?

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Awesome.. It is $519 right now online, and the Vapexhale Evo is on sale for $350 with the water tube.. What would you go for?

I am drawn towards the evo, but as someone with ashtma and living in a small building, I am also looking for a vaporizer that doesn't "smoke." I dont want to be coughing, or also stinking up my apartment.. The point of the vaporizer for me is less smoke in my lungs and maybe a little less smell? My only problem with the evo is it looks like it produces huge clouds that might make me cough?

The minivap, vapexhale evo, crafty, and then the aromed.. Those 4 I am stuck deciding between.. Which would you choose? Thank you!

The coughing from vaping is from the hot vapour irritating the throat and or lungs.

I don't have a crafty but I have a Mighty, and when its at the higher temps it quite often irritates my throat from the hot vapour. So much so that I have to drink ice cold drinks to counteract it. But it has never irritated my lungs. This is not the same as coughing from smoking. You wont cough your lungs up using a vape in the same way as smoking ever. But I guess you could have tickly, sore or irritated lungs from lots of big hits or hot vapour. Packing a punch as the Mighty does it definately has the ability to irritate my throat easily.

I haven't used the Evo but I think that as it has a bubbler attachment all the pressure forces the vapour deeper into the lungs. It's a big hitter thats for sure. Yes you get some moister and cooling from passing through the water, but the big hitter side of the Evo makes me question if this is the best for you considering your comments about asthma. Especially as you main vape. I would love an Evo, but simply because it looks like it will give lung bursting hits.

If your looking for a desktop vape obviously the Volcano is a winner. You wont be getting any hot vapour with that. It's as easy going or serious as you like. I never go above 6 on the temp dial (unless its with hash), and I can hit it all day and I've never found it to irritate my lungs and throat.

The key to not irritating your lungs when vaping is cool vapour. And maybe also avoiding big hits - like that of the Evo and the Mighty. Although vaping is so much healthier that maybe its of no concern anyway. But only you can judge that. The portables are going to have hotter vapour than your average desktop unit due to short vapour paths so you might want to avoid those. People say the MiniVap has good flavour and cool vapour, you should check that out. It's a home unit but also works as a large portable.

I have pretty compromised lungs and its one of the reasons I haven't jumped towards bubblers. People are obsessed with massive clouds, but its not all about the big hits. Obviously I want some visible vapour, but the flavour is where its really at.

Last edited:

lwien

Being that both the MiniVap and the Volcano have been certified by independent labs as a healthy vaporizer to use (and I believe the Aromed falls into that camp as well) there are a few differences between the 'Cano and the Mini, and for me, the biggest difference is that with the MiniVap, you are getting a fresh hit with every inhale, unlike the Volcano where you are inhaling vapor that has condensed and begun to go stale as soon as it enters the bag. As a result, the taste difference between those two vapes can be pretty dramatic.

Just something else to consider when making your decision.

Edit: It also needs to be said that there are other vapes on the market that do not have independent certifications but may be just as healthy to use as those that do, but what that certification offers is peace of mind.

MinnBobber

@lwien X2 on your comments

Evan,

Volcano and miniVAP are both certified clean but my experience is:
- flavor: miniVAP flavor, no contest as lwien stated. I've never tried a vape with better flavor, some come close but none exceed it
- efficiency: max medication with minimal herb. miniVAP by a mile, one of the most efficient out there. Volcano is a great vape but it likes a goodly sized load. mV can hit you hard with a tiny tiny load
- desktop AND battery option? Only miniVAP
- reliability: Volcano reigns here. It seems like mV has their issues behind them with new heaters and firmware. A mV plus is service now available from stickstones in US !
- most use options: miniVAP has shorty mouthpiece, glass mouthpiece, hydratube, bubbler options but no bags. Volcano if you have to have bag option.

Both are great vapes---and a lot of other really good and safe vapes out there (just not certified).
I also love the Herbalizer which has a really sanitary vapor path but it's more expensive. Are quick sessions a plus for you? I have some pre-loaded miniVAP baskets which work in the Herbie so an entire session, one or two big hits, takes well under 1 minute...

Evan---have you contacted stickstones here on FC for a miniVAP quote?

Last edited:

Evan Carter

Thanks everyone for the tips...

It seems like the minivap is best choice, but it may be a little out of my budget.. I haven't contacted them but another website was selling them for $519.http://www.minivap.com/usa/ I was looking more $400-$500 at most..

I should also explain my situation better.. I am obviously looking for a health conscious vaporizer (ceramic, stainless steel, not smoking plastic or anything weird), but I am also looking for a semi portable situation. I am definitely just looking for solo use, but I sometimes want to be able to take it on the go.. Also looking for efficiency and not going through so much medicine for the effect.

My experience right now is with the arizer solo hooked up to my water bong, and I really don't like it. It takes so long to heat up and its not air tight, the vapor is sort of hot and it just doesn't do it for me.

Any Aromed users out there? I am curious of that one but it doesn't look so portable.

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
Will you be in one spot more than being out and about? Why not a sub $300 desktop and a sub $200 portable. Shit breaks.

I like all glass. It is a material with a long history of being safe. I am paranoid and like the idea of using materials that have been around for a couple generations of people. I don't want to be the canary. How many materials do we know are safe to heat and breath deeply off of every day for years?

A prefilter is also nice. Not many have one though.

Water conditioning is so much easier on my lungs and makes it worth losing a little flavor/potency. I would be sure to have the option w/ your next vape. Leaving a vape on top of your bubbler is a super easy setup.

Last edited:

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Will you be in one spot more than being out and about? Why not a sub $300 desktop and a sub $200 portable. Shit breaks.

Took the words out of my mouth. I would advise the Volc and the MFLB. Both are clean with no off gassing. The Volc is unlikely to have faults and the MFLB is a sturdy lil thing and has a life time warranty. Those were my first two vapes, so maybe I'm biast. Either way having two vapes is worth it. You could even get a UFO bubbler for the MFLB.

Last edited:
sativasam,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Thanks everyone for the tips...

It seems like the minivap is best choice, but it may be a little out of my budget.. I haven't contacted them but another website was selling them for $519.http://www.minivap.com/usa/ I was looking more $400-$500 at most..

I should also explain my situation better.. I am obviously looking for a health conscious vaporizer (ceramic, stainless steel, not smoking plastic or anything weird), but I am also looking for a semi portable situation. I am definitely just looking for solo use, but I sometimes want to be able to take it on the go.. Also looking for efficiency and not going through so much medicine for the effect.

My experience right now is with the arizer solo hooked up to my water bong, and I really don't like it. It takes so long to heat up and its not air tight, the vapor is sort of hot and it just doesn't do it for me.

Any Aromed users out there? I am curious of that one but it doesn't look so portable.
Try contacting @stickstones he might be able to help you with a minivap..

These goons know what they're taking about.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
I would also ask what is it about the Arizer Solo you don't like?

If hot vapour is an issue I would also ask if the Minivap ever creates hot irritating vapour before purchasing.

Evan Carter

The arizer solo could be used as my portable I guess.. I just don't like the hot vapor and it doesn't feel very air tight. Its also not too discrete or easy to put it back in my pocket with the glass mouthpiece... If I'm out I want something more sleek and easy like the Crafty.

I like the idea of one portable and one desktop.. I am probably going to use the desktop vape 70% of the time. The minivap has the option to be both so that one still seems most ideal, just not sure if its worth the investment of $519.

The aromed has been mentioned to me again ($412) and I know its not portable, but it seems right up my alley. Glass, Safe, Water filtration.. Anyone have experience with the aromed and it being a hot vape? Or any downsides? Does it stink with smell?

Last question: does anyone know if this http://www.vapexhale.com/collections/vaporizers/products/holiday-starter-kit deal is the newest version of the vapexhale cloud evo? or is it the older version?

This has been extremely helpful in my decision for my next vape purchase. I am looking to order this thing this week. Thank you everyone.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
You might want to check out reviews for the Pax2 as your portable. It's very popular and is probably one of the most discreet as it looks like an apple product. Think they have a good warranty also.

The Aromed looks like a great bit of kit.

sativasam,

Evan Carter

The Vapman is a beast and super duper conservative with flowers. Though, it takes a little finesse and practice to get good at it. Just like the first time you smoked. Screw electronic stuff.

Wow I really like the idea of the vapman. All wood? Made in switzerland? They know how to make their stuff.. It seems super safe, only problem is the gold bowl that the herb cooks in. Is that safe? And what about the butane you use to heat up the herb? Don't you end up inhaling some of that?

Evan Carter,

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom