Heady Glass Appreciation

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Vaspe has this beauty available now, seems like a great vapor bub, even without seeing the perc, I love that open flow mouthpiece!
Screenshot-20240111-103856.png

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Thanks to @Shit Snacks for the encouragement, I picked up a Funkler. I love this piece. It's gorgeous from every angle and it has impeccable function.
PXL-20240119-231446475-2.jpg

I'm terrible at shooting glass but I suspect you all get the idea :lol:.

I've only used it with dry herb vapes so far, as you can probably guess from the clean banger. It's a little larger than my typical piece for dabs. Still keen to try it though.

Anyway, this felt like a steal and they were great to work with.

coolbreeze

Thanks to @Shit Snacks for the encouragement, I picked up a Funkler. I love this piece. It's gorgeous from every angle and it has impeccable function.
PXL-20240119-231446475-2.jpg

I'm terrible at shooting glass but I suspect you all get the idea :lol:.
Gorgeous, man. It looks really refined, like each sections was given its perfect form!
I've only used it with dry herb vapes so far, as you can probably guess from the clean banger. It's a little larger than my typical piece for dabs. Still keen to try it though.
How tall is this one? How's the function with your dry herb vapes? Anything noteworthy? Sorry for the 20 questions, I have one coming too (about 9.5"), I'm pretty excited!

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
How tall is this one? How's the function with your dry herb vapes? Anything noteworthy? Sorry for the 20 questions, I have one coming too (about 9.5"), I'm pretty excited!
The top of the mouthpiece is 10" and the top of joint is 7". It's a 14mm joint (which is amazing by the way. I never thought I would be this impressed with the construction of a joint.)

It's really great with the TM, Omega, and Halo so far. A nice easy pull gets everything going. It's not too large for dry herb, just a nice hit. I have dropped the ball not using it for dabs yet, but I'm just in a dry herb cycle again 😄.

I'm excited to see yours. Following Function Factory on Instagram is a bit dangerous because everything looks so amazing.

coolbreeze

The top of the mouthpiece is 10" and the top of joint is 7". It's a 14mm joint (which is amazing by the way. I never thought I would be this impressed with the construction of a joint.)
Awesome, so about the same size.
It's really great with the TM, Omega, and Halo so far. A nice easy pull gets everything going. It's not too large for dry herb, just a nice hit. I have dropped the ball not using it for dabs yet, but I'm just in a dry herb cycle again 😄.
This sounds perfect, just what I was hoping for. I feel like it will get a lot of use.
I'm excited to see yours. Following Function Factory on Instagram is a bit dangerous because everything looks so amazing.
Hah! Yes! There are some very creative pieces there! X out that tab!

I fell in love with one I found in a shop that is sorta more simple/traditional but has this blocky, faceted foot and is made with a blue-green bubble glass (Atlantis). It reminds me of my little HMK rig. Hope the color is nice, looks cool in the pic.
Polish_20220726_120509294.jpg

Shit Snacks

Gorgeous, man.

Yeah mine is around the same height as well, really really nice for vaping herbs, despite the narrower mouthpiece opening, the wide flow for the tubes really gives it a lot of airflow, and so much water, smooth pull despite the chug... Amazing quality too!

coolbreeze

Yeah mine is around the same height as well, really really nice for vaping herbs, despite the narrower mouthpiece opening, the wide flow for the tubes really gives it a lot of airflow, and so much water, smooth pull despite the chug... Amazing quality too!
Thanks for bringing these up! I'm so glad to hear these are great dry herb pieces. You guys got me all excited now!

Ripstar

Did you guys buy their Mistery boxes or purchase from insta? Always liked their stuff.

Ripstar,

Shit Snacks

Did you guys buy their Mistery boxes or purchase from insta? Always liked their stuff.

Look on the previous page or two I posted, I think he still has some pieces from that New Year sale although I'm not sure, need to check the story highlights and ask... He is relaunching the website so insta only for now maybe. I didn't see any mystery boxes from him although updog was doing them recently and has stuff available now

gotbadvas

Anyone know of any good artists making old school JBD style beaker or bubble bottom tubes with silver / gold fuming? Not old school as in grommets and o-rings but the style if you know what I mean? Preferably smallish, I might be trying to relive my youth.

coolbreeze

Anyone know of any good artists making old school JBD style beaker or bubble bottom tubes with silver / gold fuming? Not old school as in grommets and o-rings but the style if you know what I mean? Preferably smallish, I might be trying to relive my youth.
I was just down this rabbit hole and there is some fantastic stuff out there!

There's a ton more. look for 'old school fumed art bongs.'

There's also the soft-glass bongs which are kinda fun but less durable.

Shit Snacks

Yeah I'm not sure what you're looking for exactly, what JBD means, but you can get small basic fumed bongs like this from Jeremy Smith at such a great price! (Vassily Crettol does them too, larger ones, in another style, more expensive though) updog makes little ones as well, HMKglass makes some I've seen on IG as well... Guru Glass would do a custom for you, super thick tube glass, colors, collaboration fume prep from Zoot and others look really nice, he shared a lot of his prep drawers a few days ago and his custom list is open... Other artists mentioned here in this thread too! :tup:

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

Oh okay yeah those look nice!

Vassily just posted this one:
Screenshot-20240124-141852.png

HMK just posted this one:
Screenshot-20240124-141505.png

...Jeremy or updog for the little ones though!

nicknobody

I’ve been tempted to bust out some old heady combustion bongs to share in this thread. The shouting out JBD has lit a fire under my arse. Hopefully by tomorrow I can dig em out and remember how to post pics here lol I have a Crush and a HVY still

@gotbadvas where u from? West coast USA id guess with the shout out. RIP to my true jbd and RIP to my arts edition I sold to a buddy

gotbadvas

Vassily just posted this one:

Oh yeah that Vassily tube has a good look. I am just going to have to view from afar for now as I made a deal with myself not to make any bigger purchases until I get rid of something else. It's going to be hard as I like all my devices and glass that I have currently but I am not trying to purposefully build a collection at this time so I need to keep it under control hehe. But it gives me something to do that's low stress while I am stuck housebound.

I’ve been tempted to bust out some old heady combustion bongs to share in this thread. The shouting out JBD has lit a fire under my arse. Hopefully by tomorrow I can dig em out and remember how to post pics here lol I have a Crush and a HVY still

@gotbadvas where u from? West coast USA id guess with the shout out. RIP to my true jbd and RIP to my arts edition I sold to a buddy

I would like to see some of those if you ever get around to it. Maybe it will remind me of something I used to have. I was living in the southwest back when I had the big collection but I was a dumb ass kid and lost everything a couple times.

coolbreeze

Couldn't resist the THG Fumed Inline Sherlock:
The pics of course can't do justice to the subtle tones, shades, and highlights; the gold fumed bands cover a range of oranges, pinks, and even purples with gold metallic highlights while the silver fuming creates ghostly blues that dance with the light and give a sense of dimension.
IMG-6790.jpg
IMG-6795.jpg

I'm usually not much for contoured glass but obviously here it interacts with the fuming so that the sum is greater than the parts. It's a wonderful use for this glass!
IMG-6797.jpg
IMG-6798.jpg
IMG-6800.jpg

The inline perc is well-built; it is a pleasure with manually-controlled vapes as well as ballers. Texas Hot Glass, good stuff!

Shit Snacks

The inline perc is well-built; it is a pleasure with manually-controlled vapes as well as ballers. Texas Hot Glass, good stuff!

Glad you got that one! Such beautiful colors and textures.. she makes her inline perc gridded though, yeah? That's part of what kept me from that one personally lol

coolbreeze

Glad you got that one! Such beautiful colors and textures.. she makes her inline perc gridded though, yeah? That's part of what kept me from that one personally lol
It is; the glass makes it a little difficult to see but it looks like 5 or so dots per slit. It doesn't feel overly diffused but I will have to test it some for flavor preservation.

Shit Snacks

It is; the glass makes it a little difficult to see but it looks like 5 or so dots per slit. It doesn't feel overly diffused but I will have to test it some for flavor preservation.

Yeah honestly for me that sounds like way too much, it's not necessarily the diffusion, but the suction, I don't know my experience with those is just not so good unless you have wide open air flow, many variables!

Top Bottom