Heady Glass Appreciation

Buzzkill361

Good Vibes Tribe
Did you get a chance to grab a mini eclipse? I grabbed the royal jelly x blood money one and a double ADR mint
No I didn’t grab any. I’ve been going a bit nuts with glass lately so I gotta chill for a bit. They are definitely on my radar for the future though.

Buzzkill361,
  • Love
Reactions: dutz3013

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Screenshot-20230709-103700.png

Sale going on this weekend including Monday for their anniversary and also 710, looks like some good deals for their headies, with a couple new recyclers added...

Shit Snacks

Raskolnikov

Love all the functional art in this thread. Unfortunately Im clumsy and inevitably break all my glass at somepoint. My favourite rig was a sneaky pete sidepiece which I broke last week and they are out of stock at the UK retailer. Now that im getting a screwball along with my prize of a dynatip and stem im going to buy a globe piece with metal cage and as it has 3 holes i can have the screwball and dyna at the same time. Hopefully the metal cage will stop me breaking it.

Shit Snacks

Love all the functional art in this thread. Unfortunately Im clumsy and inevitably break all my glass at somepoint. My favourite rig was a sneaky pete sidepiece which I broke last week and they are out of stock at the UK retailer. Now that im getting a screwball along with my prize of a dynatip and stem im going to buy a globe piece with metal cage and as it has 3 holes i can have the screwball and dyna at the same time. Hopefully the metal cage will stop me breaking it.

Well I do believe that most of the stuff in this particular thread is much thicker glass (with better quality and function) than the globe...

Raskolnikov

Well I do believe that most of the stuff in this particular thread is much thicker glass (with better quality and function) than the globe...
Yeah I understand that but I break everything. Would love to have one of these, " heady" pieces but I guarantee I would break it. It's a bad day when you have to buy a metallic cage to go around your glass to protect it but that's where I am lol. I have moved on to ceramic nails as I break glass bangers regularly. Love all the stuff in this thread but unfortunately it's not for me.

Shit Snacks

Yeah I understand that but I break everything. Would love to have one of these, " heady" pieces but I guarantee I would break it. It's a bad day when you have to buy a metallic cage to go around your glass to protect it but that's where I am lol. I have moved on to ceramic nails as I break glass bangers regularly. Love all the stuff in this thread but unfortunately it's not for me.

Yeah I'm just saying you did comment in this thread instead of the cheap thread lol All good though, there are a lot of options more durable perhaps than caging an orb, look around there were some other threads about durable water pieces or indestructible too

Raskolnikov

Yeah I'm just saying you did comment in this thread instead of the cheap thread lol All good though, there are a lot of options more durable perhaps than caging an orb, look around there were some other threads about durable water pieces or indestructible too
Indestructible would be good as long as not silicone. I'm off down an Internet rabbit hole.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
For those that dig Jay Gordon's work but don't want to spend a heavy 4-figures, Evol Empire is having a prototype sale with most of the pieces I looked at ranging from $100-300.

He is brutally honest in each description, grading each piece on several factors including overall function. He has also posted a youtube link on each description for a function video. Check out their instagram page for a link to their sale on Big Cartel.

For those that dig Jay Gordon's work but don't want to spend a heavy 4-figures, Evol Empire is having a prototype sale with most of the pieces I looked at ranging from $100-300.

He is brutally honest in each description, grading each piece on several factors including overall function. He has also posted a youtube link on each description for a function video. Check out their instagram page for a link to their sale on Big Cartel.
Some pretty cool prototypes in that drop, I might have to consider snagging one of the cheaper ones...

Shit Snacks

Could one of you share the link, tried to follow those steps and don't see anything...

Shit Snacks,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!

nicknobody

Those of you deep into headies, are you all exclusively using distilled or do you not give a shit?

I've used tap my whole life, but am starting to see some long-term affects/waterstains/etc.
I use filtered water (Brita) for when I’m seshing or the final rinse when cleaning to remove almost all hard water build up/stains/residue

I hate plain tap water spots and build up

Edit I also iso rinse a couple times a month to maintain that freshness

Shit Snacks

Those of you deep into headies, are you all exclusively using distilled or do you not give a shit?

I've used tap my whole life, but am starting to see some long-term affects/waterstains/etc.

I switched to distilled a while ago because there is a really hard water in this place, especially from the kitchen sink, so I try to only rinse the big rigs there because I can't use the distilled just for rinses... A better cleaner and better water consistently could keep them clean I'm sure but they're in good use so it's fine I think you can always clean

Top Bottom