• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Dual V3

scottg402

Scott,

Not a big fan of DaVinci at all. It was so hard to use and difficult to clean. I am a big fan of my Pax. Although this one looks more interesting, I doubt that it will be as efficient as Pax. I bought it for the sake of dual bowl function, doing both dry herb and oil together. So although it may not be as efficient as Pax, it should be fun but we will see when we get it I guess. Did you get any accessories with it?

I got my DaVinci cuz my Pax crapped out and I had to send it in for service. The Pax was my fault because I got some mouthpiece lube on the temp button. Sent it in and they replaced it with a brand new one. Great service!

While it was out I picked up the Ascent. My Extreme Q is not all that portable and I had to have something for the road.

I thought about a second Pax but leaned towards a different device just to try something else. The Ascent looked like the best option for me so I bought it. This was around the same time I preordered my Haze.

I had always planned on keeping only two portables and selling one off. I was originally going to wait until I had all three to compare but once I got my Pax back I decided to just flip the Ascent and take my chances on the Haze. For me the Ascent was OK but I couldn't see holding onto it with the advantages the Haze has over it.

I sold it on CL and took a $40 hit. I look at that as a rental fee! Lol

As for accessories, the Haze comes with a lot but I picked up some extra batteries (for situations like camping), screens and oil cans. Haze actually gave them all to me free in the end (without me asking) because of all the delays in the preorder shipping.

I have been very impressed with the service and if the device is all its cracked up to be they are going to sell a lot of units when this gets out there.

The dual bowl was also a selling feature for me. I had plans for herb and oil too but looks like I need to look elsewhere for oil. My guy was going down that road and decided not to. Pretty bummed about that.

I also looked at the pocket puffer which is more of a pax style dual bowl vape but who knows when that will actually hit market.

So tomorrow is the day and I simply can't wait to try this out!

scottg402,
Reactions: rizzo

NickDlow

Log Hog
My haze should be in by Wednesday and I'm pumped I have my oils all ready... I also have my pax and I don't think the haze will replace that for stealth reasons so I can vape at work the haze looks like a flask I don't want people to think I'm drinking haha but I do have high hopes for the haze... Does anyone know if they have a car charger for the batteries I plan on taking this camping in August

Last edited:
NickDlow,

scottg402

My haze should be in by Wednesday and I'm pumped I have my oils all ready... I also have my pax and I don't think the haze will replace that for stealth reasons so I can vape at work the haze looks like a flask I don't want people to think I'm drinking haha but I do have high hopes for the haze... Does anyone know if they have a car charger for the batteries I plan on taking this camping in August

I am with you on the stealth points on the Pax.

I haven't seen any car charger options but you can always go with an inverter or buy some extra batteries to charge up beforehand. That is what I did.

scottg402,

trevorzamani

I asked VaporizerUsa about the car charger for Haze and they mentioned that it will be available by August for sale.

I love Pax overall. My only two issues with Pax is the fact that it draws so hard. Feels like someting is stuck in it. When i draw really hard, it gets so hot and starts burning my lips. Double edge sword. Not sure if you all experience that as well and cleaning is also difficult but still prefer it over DaVinci for sure. I asked Haze about the optimum temperature setting with oils and awaiting response. I will share when i get it.

trevorzamani,

NickDlow

Log Hog
Mine draws fine, try cleaning it more frequently if u don't already. I usually pack mine half way n use a rolled up screen in the oven and my herb vapes evenly n hits like a champ. Also after using it let it stand upright as it cool so u don't get all the gunk in there. But this is a haze thread so let's get back to it, I asked the same about concentrates n they replied to me n said use the highest temp hope I could help
Correction just checked my tracking and im gettin my haze today I can't friggin wait

Last edited:

trevorzamani

Thanks Nick

They said if you are using wax and thick oils, use the highest setting and with e-liquid or similar, use one of the lowest two settings. They also mentioned in their email, for dry herb , you can use 3rd or 4th setting depending on how you like the taste.

I know asked them specific oils like hash etc. Awaiting response. Apparently, there is instructional video dvd in the package which is a first for me and i am surprised to hear. Mine is arriving tomorrow.

NickDlow

Log Hog
You're welcome.

Well it's finally here and honestly I should use it a little more but first impression is pretty damn cool!! In the box was 2 oil cans, 4 screens, 2 convection and 2 conduction, steel and glass mouthpiece, material tool, cleaning tool, the vaporizer, instruction book and DVD, and a free grinder nice touch but I'll stick to the space case lol... Me and my buddy vaped a small dab n we both had some pretty good hits so that's mainly the reason I bought the haze so I'm happy. My only gripe is the hinge seem a little flimsy on the top swivel to turn on and the main door closing latch could be a bit more solid. But I'm happy hopefully u guys like yours as well please let me know what u guys think I'll post with more later

Last edited:

trevorzamani

Good to hear Nick

I will let you know of my thoughts as soon as i get it tomorrow.

trevorzamani,

scottg402

Initial thoughts.....

I like it.

I need more time to evaluate but I can say this for sure right now.

I like this but I am glad I still have my Pax.

However I am not disappointed I already ditched my Ascent. I can already tell I like this better.

If I had to decide between the Pax and the Haze? Well its a bit too early to tell.

Both have their advantages over each other. I think I am going to be happy using the Pax whenever I am out and about and most likely full time Haze at home.

Happy so far having only tested only a couple bowls of herb but not ready to tell if had to decide between them.

I used the convection screen by the way. There are two different screens with this device. One is for convection and one is conduction.

This along with two bowls that can be used for herb/oil/wax interchangeably + removable batteries is some serious advantage over the Pax.

But the Pax is still smaller and has a nicer fit and finish so again I am glad I have both. :D

I agree with you Nick on the door and switch. It could be beefed up a bit. I would have honestly preferred an all metal design but I guess that was cost prohibitive or they would have done it.

Not a deal breaker for me cuz I am pretty careful with my tools but I can see this getting damaged if you are the more careless type.

Looking forward to using this more and reporting back but I can already say this is definitely one you should be taking a closer look at if you are considering the purchase of a Pax or DaVinci Ascent.

Last edited:

NickDlow

Log Hog
I would have to agree 100% Scott. I'm glad I have both also they are a great combo what one lacks the other makes up for. The batteries are a big plus cuz I'm not looking forward to the day my pax won't hold a charge ... But I'm glad to hear ur opinion hopefully we get some more reviews soon. Idk if ur into the wax thing Scott but I suggest you try it as soon as possible... I don't think I'll be using my rig to often now haha

Last edited:

trevorzamani

Good stuff Scott, Nick. I took the day off so i can use this. Should be arriving by 8.30 AM. I will post a detailed review by this evening.

trevorzamani,
Reactions: NickDlow

NickDlow

Log Hog
So I emailed haze......

Is it normal that for every draw I take that it reheats and the lights start blinking? How sensitive is the thermostat or what ever detects the temp? Either way u guys have a great product I'm very happy!! If I may express a concern on something and it's not the worst thing but the top power switch seems a little flimsy. I would be surprised if some people have problems but I know I'm careful. Also the main door clips seem like they may ware out. But all in all it's fantastic I love the versatility of it great job once again!!
Thanks,
Nick

They replied with quickness...

Hi Nick

Thank you for your nice comments. The temperature indicator will blink 3-4 seconds after each draw since it reheats to the exact/precise temperature setting. This time period is just for giving you feedback. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the top switch and door latch. Customer feedback is extremely important to us so we can perfect the product. We are already working on these two cosmetic improvements that you mentioned. Please keep us posted and thank you for being one of the first customers of Haze family. We will keep you and handful of other initial customers in our "special" list. You will be receiving exclusive discounts on all future part, accessory and upgrade options/purchases.

Enjoy your vaporizer

Almina Kruger
Haze Technologies

I suggest u guys express ur opinion to them also...

And Trevor u will be glad u did lol enjoy can't wait to hear what u think

Last edited by a moderator:

scottg402

I was planning on sending my own note for feedback.

Did you ask them if they would join this thread on FC?

I will probably suggest that and make sure they sign up properly as a vendor.

I agree with you on the light. One area so far where I think I like the Pax better. Quicker sessions and no real wait on draws. I am going to see if the conduction screen makes it any faster. Trying that tonight.

Last edited:
scottg402,

trevorzamani

Oh will do for sure. I just got my unit. I invited 3 buddies over. One of them will bring a Solo as well. Mine died a while back and i never got a new one. We will compare Pax, Haze, DaVinci and Solo. Scott, please share with us whatever they say to your feedback. Thanks guys

trevorzamani,

trevorzamani

Let the vape race begin: :)

vape-war.jpg

NickDlow

Log Hog
That's def an all-star line up... I can't wait to hear ur comparison

Well so far this vaporizer is still impressing me. I've tried a few things so far, wax, dried herb in both screens, kief, and some pressed kief hash. This bad boy can vape anything and it does a damn fine job the sessions are pretty long too. Oh and btw I'm a high setting guy I love big thick clouds these aren't huge but it's making my ass cough lol I love that brink right before combustion I feel u get the most out with the high heat. Well let me know what u guys prefer.

NickDlow,

scottg402

I ran on a 4 up front then bumped it up to a 5 at the end of each session.

Nick,

Did you notice any difference with herb in the conduction screen versus the convection screen?

scottg402,

trevorzamani

So far it is going awesome. Scott, i tried with one bowl conduction screen and the other with convection. I think conduction screen is providing denser/thicker cloud than convection but it is expected i think. It is meant to be that way as a concept. It is slight difference. Both screens provide a ton of vapor though at 4th setting, thats what i used most of the time so far We will try with oil and wax in few minutes. I will send more details later tonight if i am not fully baked already. So far....Haze well exceeded my initial expectations.

trevorzamani,

NickDlow

Log Hog
Aren't there only 4 heat settings, right? The only different I think is the thickness of the vapor cloud and I'd say the thicker cloud goes to the conduction screen. Which makes sense because it's partially touching the heat source directly. As far as anything else it's too close for me to tell. What do u think?

Good to hear Trevor u guys are going to like the oils n wax. Now u can share the same dab if u like lol enjoy

NickDlow,

k0udek

@NickDlow tell me more about that pressed hash, does it make a mess ? Good,long, session with it ? How much can you use at once ? If it works good with pressed hash i might buy it :brow: so i thank you for any info that you can give me

k0udek,

NickDlow

Log Hog
No problem. There is no mess what so ever. I put a small piece in the oil/wax reservoir without the wick in it an that has a rubber lid. The hash turned a bit mushy at full temp n hardened up once it cooled. N yea it last for a bit I still have some left. Hope that helps ur decision

rizzo

Thanks for the feedback everyone, interested to know more results with hash. Is the main body and grill metal?

rizzo,

trevorzamani

Here is today’s all day vape event outcome. Hope this will help some of you guys. I spent a shit load of time typing this so I am really hoping that I can get some brownie points and "likes" from you guys as I want to be one of the long term members here. Please also share your side if I missed anything, I can try it and reply with my feedback.

What I did:

Took off work and invited 3 of my buddies over. We have used Pax, DaVinci, Arizer Solo and Haze together. Total of about 9 hours. On and off..

First opinion on Haze:

It came nicely packaged. The package is bigger than the Pax and Davinci package. It was tightly closed. I had to push it hard to get the top cover removed. I recommend placing your fingers under the cover and pull out if you struggle. Maybe its just me, not sure.

The content of the box was shared before so I am not going to go in detail but the manual is extremely easy to read and follow. It is detailed, gives you specific recommendations about optimum heat settings to use with different herb/material type etc. It also explains how to use the unit with dry, wax, oil etc.

It also comes with DVD video instructions, showing you how to assemble, use, and clean the unit. (Tips about how to get the best performance for dry, oil and wax). Nice touch.

It is a small unit. The height is even shorter than Pax. I like portability so it will work for me. It fits my palm easily and the soft touch paint gives it a stylish feel. The main door may be improved in terms of how tight it latches which I agree with some of the other forum members but it works fine as it is.

It comes with two separate screen styles. We used both. You get a thick, dense vapor out of the conduction screen which is more intense. I am a heavy user so I liked this one better. With the convection style screen, you get a gentle taste. The amount of vapor produced was the same. This thing produces a lot of vapor by the way.

First usage: Dry Herb

We packed all vaporizers with dry herb. We packed both Haze bowls with dry herb, and used one bowl with the conduction screen and the other one with the convection screen. The Haze and Pax heat up the fastest. They are almost the same in terms of heat up time. About 1 minute to the highest temperature setting. (We tested Haze at the highest temperature at this round). We started drawing from the convection bowl first (you heat one bowl at a time which I like. So if you use it with dry herb in both bowls, the other bowl stays fresh until you are ready to flip the switch and start heating/using the other bowl.

Haze created considerably more vapor than Pax and Davinci for us. This comment was a 3 out of 4 votes. One of my buddies felt like Haze and Pax produced almost the same so it may depend on how you draw I guess. Arizer Solo creates more vapor out of one draw than any of the other 3 vaporizers since it has a much bigger diameter mouthpiece opening compared to other 3 products. On the other hand, once we were done with the first session, we got more draws out of Haze and Pax. The shortest session of all was the Solo.

When we compare the amount of herb you can pack in the units, Haze will take the most content since it has two bowls. Each bowl is little smaller than Pax or Arizer Solo but two bowls combined takes more herb than other brands. So if you want to take this out to a concert or similar, you will have more time without having to repack the unit. Since it has good session length, it makes it even more appealing. In the DVD video, it mentions that occasional stirring of the herb inside improves your session length. I tried it and it works. After 8-10 drags, stir the bowl content and you will notice the difference.

Temperature options:

Davinci wins in this area if you like to play with the temperature constantly since it has the digital display. I do not care about this since once I start vaping, I don’t mess with the temperature a lot but my buddies made this comment so I wanted to share. The second round was done with Haze temperature setting 3. It works fine but you get less dense vapor. Most people may like this setting better I guess. Like I said, I like dense heavy vapor.

Bowls are made of stainless steel. I think somebody asked about this. Screens are also stainless steel as well as the oil cans.

Battery life:

We have completed all day vaping with a single battery on Haze (still has juice in it) and single charge on DaVinci. My Pax gave in towards ¾ of the total time and Solo stopped right after that but keep in mind that my Pax is few months old and I used it a lot. One note: Towards the end of the day, when the battery gets weaker, the heat up time also increases with Haze. So if you start seeing longer heat up times (2 minutes or so), you should consider replacing the battery. The replaceable battery is a big plus on the unit. You can vape the entire weekend at a camp without having to charge anything. There were 2 batteries in the box.

Light blinking after draws:

With Haze, after each strong draw, you will see that the lights will blink for 2-4 seconds. It means that it is reheating to the set temperature. I can see this may annoy some users but it becomes handy when you use this vaporizer with several people together because if you take too many draws in a very short time period, you may want to wait few seconds if you want to get quality vapor. Honestly, we did not see any change in vapor density even when its blinking so we ignored it the whole time. Unless you want super precision with your temperature or have a big group using it , I don’t see the need for this function.

Vapor Taste:

We like the taste of Solo and Haze over Pax and DaVinci. I like the fact that Haze comes with both glass and stainless steel mouthpieces. I prefer glass but if it breaks, I am still good to go.

Conclusion of the first half of the day with dry herb: Haze and Pax are amazing. Great quality. DaVinci can take the place after these units and Solo comes last although overall it is still a good vaporizer.

Wax/Oil usage:

Our last 2-3 hours were dedicated to wax and oil. We even tried it with e-liquid which I almost never use. This is one feature that Haze has over other products. I think this is the only portable vaporizer that made efficient wax vaporization possible. We loved it. Pax only does dry so I cannot comment on that and DaVinci cans are joke compared to Haze in this area. The amount of vapor, taste, consistency and especially session length on wax is incredible. We used it at the 4th (highest setting) and half a dab lasts forever. Since you confine wax in the can with a closed lid on top, there is no mess and no waste. Where I live, wax is very expensive and I love how I can make the full use out of every bit and also share the same dab with people around. Nick, you were 100% on this. I agree totally.

E-liquid – I am not a big fan and almost never use it but we tried it. Looks like the first heat setting works just fine. The second heat setting gets you a thicker cloud. You use the wicks inside the can for e-liquids. Remove the wicks for the wax.

The fun part was the last part where we packed one bowl with the hash and the other one with the dry. It is great experience switching between the one and the other.

Cleaning:

I did not clean the unit intensively yet but after all day of dry, wax oil usage, the bottom of the mouthpiece became little sticky and it was not smooth to flick out. I removed it, cleaned with some alcohol and it was good to go. The DVD video also calls for a Q tip with alcohol to clean the inside of the air path but we have not done this yet.

What I can criticize about Haze?

Well so far, there’s not much – though I will keep using it. They may improve their packaging so it is easier to open.

Summary:

From a functionality perspective, this product well exceeded my expectations. If I need to choose between Pax and Haze, I would go with Haze purely based on the wax/oil capability/performance (since dry herb performance is about the same). If you have the budget, you can get both I guess since they are both quality products. Will stick to the Pax and Haze but I definitely have a new favorite now.

Looking forward to your feedback.

NickDlow

Log Hog
Thanks for the detailed review sounds like u had a good ass day lol my glass is sticking at the bottom also I need to give it a quick wipe. I have to say everything u said was on point I'm glad u like as much as me n Scott. I'm out of wax I need more it tasted so good in the haze haha well u keep enjoying that vape brother

NickDlow,
Top Bottom