Discontinued Haze Dual V3

sircrisp

Hi guys , i was buying arizer air for my second vape( first is MFLB), later that day saw few reviews for haze and relized it would better fit my vaping habbits as i can easily switch from herb to eliquid(i like flavours don't use it with nicotine).Also i'm astonished with scott's help and feedback. luckily order from amazon got little complicated and got refund so today i pulled triger for v3 on namaste vapes.Now behins waiting game until next week to try it out.So happy to soon be part of Haze family and will post impressions as it comes in hands.Cheers :)

Lucky you, I have both and prefer the Haze. The Arizer is nice but it's too exhausting to use when I just want to relax because the airflow is so restricted. It also takes about double the time to finish a bowl than the Haze does. Also I just don't feel as comfortable in public with the Arizer (I really want to try the Grasshopper it seems like the most inconspicuous).

Canuck

Hey from way out here in Nova Scotia Canada. Just wanted to say - I got my new blue Haze a couple of weeks ago. Since then, have been using it as my daily driver when not hitting my sublimator. This was until I encountered an issue with my switch (one oven is not working properly). Scott took an entire 5 minutes to get back to me & address my issues. We are well on the way to sorting things out with the service department. Sadly I will now have to go back to using my Crafty. Don't get me wrong, I love my Crafty. However, I spend WAY more time cleaning it than I do my Haze and my Crafty battery sucks ass!!! I get maybe three bowls from my Crafty ( I'm a slow sipper). With the money I'd have saved on the Crafty I could have bought hours upon hours of battery life for my Haze in the form of spare batteries. And the cleaning ritual is on me. I could soak for 1/2 and hours and clean much faster but I'm always on the go and just don't have the time to spend. If the Crafty is the BMW of vaporizers, I dub the Haze the Hummer of portable vaporizers. Both good products - just think the Haze is much better bang for your buck in IMHO.

rshetts

I will say, one of the best things FC forumers have going for them when the own a Haze is the ever available presence of Scott402 and Haze's customer service overall. Clearly, like any product, the Haze wont be for everyone but I have not seen one case where someone has had an issue with the Haze and it has not been addressed in record time here. Also big props to the FC Haze community. Its been the most helpful, friendly group of people imaginable. I guess what I am saying is the FC community and Scotts excellent help are a major hidden part of the value in a Haze.

Happy Holidaze to all of my fellow Hazeonauts!

woolspinner

I just store it on my stem tray, but heat expands it. When it's cooled off it should be easy to glide in and out. Besides you don't want it too thin or it will slide inside and not give you the traction needed during use. Glad you enjoy the Haze overall.

Cold or hot, just out of the box or a little dirty, tough to pull this sucker out. Oil helps immensely.

Any suggestions: When I inhale, a bit of flower debris comes along with the vapor. It's not a major problem- if I use water it enters the water instead of my mouth. But this wasn't happening with the 2.5 nor with any of my other vapes. I used the Haze yesterday for the first time in a while and realized that I tend to use it less than my arizers because of this.

I used to get that on my v2.5 when using the cans. You do not mention whether this is with screens or cans or both? Which screens and which can lids?

That information will help narrow down. With my old cans, I found how it was packed and the lid put on mattered.

little maggie

Cold or hot, just out of the box or a little dirty, tough to pull this sucker out. Oil helps immensely.

I used to get that on my v2.5 when using the cans. You do not mention whether this is with screens or cans or both? Which screens and which can lids?

That information will help narrow down. With my old cans, I found how it was packed and the lid put on mattered.
I've never used lids and this didn't happen with my 2.5. It's happening with any can I use: either screened ones or the little metal one. I tend to use a very small amount but don't pack it tight. Does it need to be tighter? I've also had this happen regardless of the grind: the santa cruz is fluffy and the other grinder less so.

Dynalowrider

The tab on the lid goes inside the can. The tab has holes to act as a screen. If the tab is on the outside it allows herb-bits to get into the mouthpiece tube. I kept chewing bits till I noticed bits in the oven under the can.
"It don't take me long to look at a horseshoe."

mikeben

I've never used lids and this didn't happen with my 2.5. It's happening with any can I use: either screened ones or the little metal one. I tend to use a very small amount but don't pack it tight. Does it need to be tighter? I've also had this happen regardless of the grind: the santa cruz is fluffy and the other grinder less so.
For the conduction strip and the convection basket-no lid needed, never got a piece of herb come up because of the design. In the can however you should be using your SS lid with all the holes for dry herb and the silicone for everything else. No matter which of the three ways you do dry herb, you get the best results with about an 80 percent tamped down fill. Make sure the metal tab is pointing out at you, and make sure the SS lid is tucked in. You should never have anything sucked into the air chamber again. I have had a hash crumble come up once or twice, but never dry herb. I've used the Haze V3 roughly 1 or 2 times a day the last three months so that's a pretty good average.

Also want to say that those who have mentioned the MFLB Orbiter being perfect for the Haze are really on to something. It clouded up thickly with my convection strip set on two. Flavor was strong as all get out and my Helix mouthpiece (a beaker design that lets in a little air to swirl the vapor and cool it) came in very handy.

Ed is making me some special Haze stuff so I still have not tried his Wong which also does this, but I must say I like having the direct connection to the Haze stem. I am not crazy about the silicone tubing because I have bad memories of how dirty the tubing of my old Arizer Tower would get, but I'm going to work with it.

Last edited:

woolspinner

Ah, if you have been using cans without lids, then I think you were rather lucky not to have inhaled bits of herb previously. The screens are designed to cover the intake hole, while the cans are designed with a cut out that matches the intake hole. The lids are designed to protect the intake to some extent.

The new dry herb lids, for example, have a tab with small holes punched in it for air flow but too small for bits of herb to pass through. Kief probably would, though.

If you use the cans, they are designed to be used with the lids. You do not need lids for the conduction or convection screens, of course. @scottg402 has always recommended a slight packing. For my cans, I fill loose then put on the concentrate lid, which packs it down just enough. I think with convection screens the pack should not be as firm.

bigdaddycurtis

Hello guys and gals. Well I got my haze 3 and wow wow!! I do have a couple questions. When you stop drawing on the unit waiting to exhale is the unit still heating or can it sense when you are drawing and turn the heat on then as you draw the lights stay solid does that mean it's still at temp? Also,is it normal to see a little vapor or smell it coming from the unit. Thanks in advance.

rshetts

I think your problem is using a small loose pack with no lid. Its simple physics, the if the grind is loose and small enough to get into the air pathway, it will do so when you draw. The lids provide protection from that. I may have a solution for you. If youre using screens and want a small pack, simply cut a pipe screen to fit inside the screen can and tap it down over your fill. You will still get the same draw but the homemade screen lid will keep the herb from getting into the pathway. Also if you use cans ( this may work with screens as well ) and you want a small pack, dont grind your herb. Break it up into small chunks. The Haze heats rather evenly and efficiently and many people have reported here that they have had great success with that method and actually prefer it to grinding. Otherwise, if you prefer to grind and want a small pack its best to pack it tighter and use a lid. Hope that helps!

scottg402

Hello guys and gals. Well I got my haze 3 and wow wow!! I do have a couple questions. When you stop drawing on the unit waiting to exhale is the unit still heating or can it sense when you are drawing and turn the heat on then as you draw the lights stay solid does that mean it's still at temp? Also,is it normal to see a little vapor or smell it coming from the unit. Thanks in advance.
Hi bigdaddycurtis,

Glad you are liking it. This is primarily a conduction vape so it's heating between draws. Vapor will build up in between draws so yes it can seep out so don't let it go to waste. :)

little maggie

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll try not grinding. I do have the same problem with the screens -not just the cans- so I don't think the lid is the solution.

ean

Ok so I'll admit I'm usually a high-temp kinda guy but today I said lemme give temp 1 a try for a session with my trusty conduction screen and MMMMM that's some good stuff! Flavor was intense through the whole session! Of course I finished out on 4 to keep consistent!:rockon:
1 and 2 are the best =). whenever i hit 3 and 4 you get plenty of vapor, but the taste is just awful imo.

beware116

How does a body get in on the Pay it Forward program? I couldn't figure it out when I got my 2.5, but I'd love to be a part of it. My 2.5 has been a trustworthy companion; I love the thought of it continuing on and still delivering medicine to someone who needs it. I'm also really into the new steel lids.

rainydaylair

I saw on this thread that in the past some users had been getting burning plastic smells on their first few uses with the Haze. Is this still an issue with the v3? Also, anyone know if the vapor passes over the electronics on the way to the mouthpiece?

rainydaylair,

scottg402

How does a body get in on the Pay it Forward program? I couldn't figure it out when I got my 2.5, but I'd love to be a part of it. My 2.5 has been a trustworthy companion; I love the thought of it continuing on and still delivering medicine to someone who needs it. I'm also really into the new steel lids.

Sending you a PM sir. :)

I saw on this thread that in the past some users had been getting burning plastic smells on their first few uses with the Haze. Is this still an issue with the v3? Also, anyone know if the vapor passes over the electronics on the way to the mouthpiece?

The only time you are going to have anything close to this is if one does multiple burnoffs at the highest temperature on an empty device without any drawing to cool the unit down. This is NOT required or recommended with the Haze. You will actually ruin the device by doing this.

The chambers and airpath are all made out of stainless steel and the vapor does not pass over the electronics.

Please let us know of any other questions.

rainydaylair

Sending you a PM sir. :)

The only time you are going to have anything close to this is if one does multiple burnoffs at the highest temperature on an empty device without any drawing to cool the unit down. This is NOT required or recommended with the Haze. You will actually ruin the device by doing this.

The chambers and airpath are all made out of stainless steel and the vapor does not pass over the electronics.

Please let us know of any other questions.

@scottg402 thanks for the clarifications. So would there be a possibility of overheating the device if I ran it at the high temp when packed w/o drawing, or does it need continuous drawing at this temp to keep it cool? Shouldn't the device have some sort of internal temperature regulator to keep it from getting too hot?

rainydaylair,

Vapor Loop

My poor Haze is dying it likes to shut off early even on setting one when doing those long sessions. I timed my last 30 min session. I started on one until 22 min in then bumped up to 2 and so on till i finished on 4 after 30 min, Here are the times of random shutoff during this session, They all happened on heat setting one.

!- 7:41
2- 11:52
3-18:26

Vapor Loop,

woolspinner

My poor Haze is dying it likes to shut off early even on setting one when doing those long sessions. I timed my last 30 min session. I started on one until 22 min in then bumped up to 2 and so on till i finished on 4 after 30 min, Here are the times of random shutoff during this session, They all happened on heat setting one.

!- 7:41
2- 11:52
3-18:26

Question: How long between actual draws?

Top Bottom