Discontinued Haze Dual V3

little maggie

Yep, @Ratchett 's SonG fits right over the top.

If you have @Ed's TnT gear he is developing new WonG's to fit the V3 and we have asked him to come up with an adapter to retro the old ones to the new design. Stay tuned for more information there....

And thanks @place_and_time, Yes I decided Vaporents is a large enough community that starting a thread there could help users get information and troubleshoot just like here on FC.
So when we send back the 2.5 we only need to return the original stems and can keep ones Ed made?

little maggie,
Reactions: Shrike

scottg402

We asked @Ed's TnT to make a 2.5 to 3 WPA adapter but not the stems. I not sure it's possible. I'm not doubting brother Ed's skills but I think it would be awkward even if he figured something out. Besides the man works so hard I couldn't bring myself to ask him.

The V3 mouthpiece channel is more narrow than the 2.5. You can't even flip the old mouthpiece upside-down and use it in the 3. It is still a little smaller diameter.

However the new height adjustable feature and lip on the mouthpiece is an excellent tradeoff (IMO).

I am keeping my OG Ed's for sentimental value. I still have a unit I'm keeping that fits it although that baby is basically retired. ;)

Last edited:

virtualpurple

We asked @Ed's TnT to make a 2.5 to 3 WPA adapter but not the stems. I not sure it's possible. I'm not doubting brother Ed's skills but I think it would be awkward even if he figured something out. Besides the man works so hard I couldn't bring myself to ask him.

The V3 mouthpiece channel is more narrow than the 2.5. You can't even flip the old mouthpiece upside-down and use it in the 3. It is still a little smaller diameter.

However the new height adjustable feature and lip on the mouthpiece is an excellent tradeoff (IMO).

I am keeping my OG Ed's for sentimental value. I still have a unit I'm keeping that fits it although that baby is basically retired. ;)

I'm with you there, I hang onto all my @Ed's TnT pieces. Even if they don't work in the new Haze they make great mouthpieces for narrower whip tubing (such as the herbalizer).

Philreal187

I have a question about the warranty and upgrades.

Does the 10 years go from your first unit, or does it restart with each new unit?

I'm sure it sounds ridiculous and not that I think by any means they need to extend the warranty. I just was curious to how it works.

scottg402

Well don't I feel like a dummy now! I just got off the phone with Ed and we discussed the WPA adapter working with the mouthpiece stems as well since it's the same diameter conversion. I hope to have prototypes of the universal WonG and adapter next week so I will let you all know what I think. It will add height to the mouthpiece stem but not sure how much until I see it. Stay tuned!

Also @Philreal187 I don't have an answer to the warranty question yet but I will report back when I do.

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
Well don't I feel like a dummy now! I just got off the phone with Ed and we discussed the WPA adapter working with the mouthpiece stems as well since it's the same diameter conversion. I hope to have prototypes of the universal WonG and adapter next week so I will let you all know what I think. It will add height to the mouthpiece stem but not sure how much until I see it. Stay tuned!

Also @Philreal187 I don't have an answer to the warranty question yet but I will report back when I do.
haha I kind of thought of that in like the back of my head... like wondering what the adapter would be but didnt think of it enough to think "waiiiiiit a second" lol but makes sense since they are the same size to go into the Haze 2.5

Vape Dr.

Here is my DIY 14mm water tool attachment for the DUAL V3 to tide me over until @Ed's TnT attachment comes out.

Stainless stem, piece of silicone, and a 14mm adapter.

Pulls the stem out of the unit enough to work well. I use a 14-18mm adapter shown on left.

Works like a champ!....For now!

I can't wait to see what Ed comes up with!

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
Here is my DIY 14mm water tool attachment for the DUAL V3 to tide me over until @Ed's TnT attachment comes out.

Stainless stem, piece of silicone, and a 14mm adapter.

Pulls the stem out of the unit enough to work well. I use a 14-18mm adapter shown on left.

Works like a champ!....For now!

I can't wait to see what Ed comes up with!
why no @Ratchett NU-SONG :hmm::shrug::p

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
I unfortunately do not have one....:disgust:
there's a simple solution to that ;) lol they're so convenient......

in other news.... I ended up deciding not to wait to upgrade so shall have a v3 before too long, figured I could handle the wait (if I can deal with waiting for the GH I should be able to handle waiting for anything right?) plus my buddy just got some pre-loaded pens so I'll prob use that in the meantime

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
I sent my haze Tuesday, and they got it yesterday. No word from haze yet, I seen on the site that September 15 they start shipping the preorders. I imagine we also be getting upgrades shipped that day too..? Either way its exciting to wait for a new vape!!
only a few days away and they're pretty good with shipping so either way its not too far away!

Philreal187

I think most of this thread has plenty of trust that u guys r doing a kick ass job working thru the weeds haha. I personally am in no rush for the return of the haze, im sure u have quite a full plate already @scottg402 but as always u r providing above and beyond customer service. Its always appreciated how hard the haze team works to keep everyone happy. Hope u @scottg402 and the rest of the crew have a great weekend.

Btw I can't even pick the color I want my v3 to be bc they all look classy the more time think the better!!

I got my V3 Haze Vaporizer on Thursday. My v2.5 had lost full power to one of the chambers, so Haze graciously honored their warranty and sent me a new v3 the minute they became available. I cannot say enough good things about this company, great customer service, just a pleasure to work with them.

For whatever reason, I sort of expected to get the whole enchilada, in a box, all over again. What I got instead was a new V3 vaporizer, a glass mouthpiece, a metal mouthpiece, a can with the old style rubber lid, and a can with a new fangled screen like piece of metal that I'm anxious to try. It came in a nice bubble wrapped heavy duty envelope, so packaging was fine, just not what I expected.

After I thought about it for awhile, I realized that they need to run a business too and all my old parts fit, except for the mouthpiece. The folks at Haze heard that people were frustrated with the mouthpiece sticking, and I have to admit there were a couple of times when I had to rap the unit pretty hard to get the mouthpiece out on my old one, so they ended up putting a lip on the end of them (both the metal and the glass) so that one can easily pull it out no matter how gunked up you let it get. This may sound silly, but the old mouthpiece had a bit more weight and the heft made it feel like I had something of quality. I used to just pull that thing out and take a drag on it like it was an "air cigarette" because it just looked cool. Maybe it was because the v2.5 was my first love, I'm longing to own one again, so if anybody wants to sell theirs, I would probably buy it for my wife to use.

The V3 is great too though. Heats up fast, all my batteries work just fine in it, most of my old accessories are still around and I love them all and will reuse them. The new one seems to draw easier, so overall, it's definitely an improvement, but it's really very hard to improve on something that was already approaching perfection. Some of the other imperfections from the v2.5 such as the hard-to-open flange and the sometimes catchy on/off switch seem to be no problem at all in the new version.

I'd bought a cheap-o vape pen before I bought a Haze, mainly due to desire for mobility more so than the allure of vaporizing. It didn't work worth a damn, so I knew I had to step it up a little and found the double barrel Haze to be what my research was telling me to buy. It took me a little while to learn how to use it, but now I think I know what I'm doing.

I would liken the experience of using a Haze vaporizer compared to a standard (combustion) pipe,to be a bit like sipping wine versus bourbon on the rocks. Both will get you high, but in a different way. When I vape, you can really taste the product versus just tasting a burn/smoke. You can let the vapors just float into your nasal passages and hold-it-in until you're just magically medicated and sneezing and laughing it up. It reminds me in some ways of when we used to take full on nose & mouth hits off my friend's father's old air force oxygen mask where we had mounted a big ass bowl on to the opposite end of the breather hose. The Haze Vaporizer has opened up a whole now world for me and I don't think I'll be going back to my old combustible ways.

scottg402

@TheHellYouSay Welcome to FC! Excellent first post except for that minor technicality I PM'd you on. Please edit that out.

The "whole enchilada" as you say :) comes with enrollment in the PIF upgrade. Warranty exchanges are generally bare bones replacements.

Thank you for thinking of us. We are running super lean to keep expenses down and investing in areas to help us grow. This is a critical time for us. There is a lot riding on the V3 and it's ability to generate the revenue we need to invest in other projects.

rshetts

I sent my haze Tuesday, and they got it yesterday. No word from haze yet, I seen on the site that September 15 they start shipping the preorders. I imagine we also be getting upgrades shipped that day too..? Either way its exciting to wait for a new vape!!

Yeah, they received mine last Tuesday and I havent heard anything yet. Im sure they are swamped big time and will get to us as soon as possible. I did get the new cans and lids I ordered rather quickly so once they do ship it out Im sure Ill get it a few days later. No worries on my part, my old unit will be going to a new home and helping someone in need. I figure a little patience is the least I can offer Haze for doing something that cool.

Top Bottom