HAWKWIND: Ultimate Space-Rockers Since 1969

ghostofcyberx13

And That Ain't No Joke, You Can Disappear In Smoke
Well I have been into the group since 1969 right after returning from Vietnam and being "Honorably Discharged" in June that same year. I was in a record store and spotted an album and on the album cover it said, "This is your captain speaking, your captain is dead". WTF? Geez, it's 1969 and I have never seen a cover anything like that. The album was "In Search Of Space". Hawkwind probably has at least 30 plus albums, but the best ones are "Space Ritual", "Hall Of The Mountain Grill", "Warriors On The Edge Of Time", "Electric TeePee" and "The Business Trip Live". This group is "Space Rock" and has exceptional guitarists, keyboards/synths, theramin, and the songwriting/lyrics. Most songs are at least five minutes long and many are 12 minutes or over. For whatever reason this group never really made it out of FM mode but with such a long career and so many albums they are joy to be heard for anyone who appreciates "Rock & Roll" that is on the cutting edge. Ginger Baker(Cream's drummer) and Lemmy(Motohead) have been in this group and in fact that's where "Lemmy" got his start before forming "Motörhead"(Popular Hawkwind song). Sayonara.

ghostofcyberx13

And That Ain't No Joke, You Can Disappear In Smoke
:rockon: Fuk Yeah!

Maybe my favorite of theirs

Well my favorite album will always be "Hall Of The Mountain Grill". Some friends and I went to see them at Dane Country Colliseum in Madison, Wisconsin maybe 1974 or 1975. The Colliseum had been black curtained to a semi-circle and it was a reserved seat only concert. The concert was continueous and about 2 1/2 hours long. Hawkwind had 8 synchronized slide projectors, and a dancer and the whole concert told a story, basically about the rise of mankind or somethin' like that. People were absolutely and completely mesmorized and everyone was quiet and kept to their seats for the whole convert, never seen anything like it. When it was over Hawkwind got a huge and lengthy standing ovation. Finally guess who opened for them doing their very first album, KANSAS!!! This was one of the very best concerts in my life that I have ever seen. Sayonara.

Top Bottom