Hash Experts Help Me Identify This Please

Justpassedu

A buddy of mine gave me some hash awhile back , it was somewhat soft at the time , now hard as it has been sitting a few months. When I 1st got it I had just grinded some up with some herb in a grinder and vaped it in my arizer air. The taste was nice but when I emptied my oven it seemed it did not melt and looked exactly the same as when I had 1st put it in. So it went into my draw and sat and I just found it again. Now it is hard but I can scrape some off . I am wondering if anyone possibly knows what it is ? Is it shit ? I think he said it was black hash. I am also wondering what I can do with it ? vape it , make edibles anything ? It does have a decently nice smell to it. If its crap hash please let me know , i take no offense , this stuff never comes around my part of the woods... Thanks
AD8A1311-FBBF-4B84-8118-1CD758DF21A5_zpsk4munmoo.jpg
8A260AD2-8792-4787-B2E9-F3857D2AF89B_zps6g9lmuaj.jpg

Justpassedu,
Reactions: LarryYo

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
posting just to stay updated. I am also curious as to what that is ive never seen anything like it before.

Treeburner

Looks like some traditional black hash. It's basically hand-pressed kief with additional plant matter, hand oils, dead skin and whatever else found its way in. Can do an extraction on that hash to clean it up, but may not be worth it with such a small amount. You can still smoke it, but you can also eat it if you heat it first to decarb your material.

-Treeburner

Treeburner,

Justpassedu

Looks like some traditional black hash. It's basically hand-pressed kief with additional plant matter, hand oils, dead skin and whatever else found its way in. Can do an extraction on that hash to clean it up, but may not be worth it with such a small amount. You can still smoke it, but you can also eat it if you heat it first to decarb your material.

-Treeburner
Well I don't really want to eat it , I would rather smoke it or vape it but does it need a high heat if I am, vaping it ? I think it is black hash .

Justpassedu,

horst

horsed
Well I don't really want to eat it , I would rather smoke it or vape it but does it need a high heat if I am, vaping it ? I think it is black hash .

Looks very similar to the piece of indian charras I got this year, so I would say it's a black hash variant, too. I noticed it is getting darker and harder when you store it unprotected.

I would recommend to make a few pizzas to vape them in the mighty. Just take a Pinhead-sized crumb, heat it a very little bit with fire to make it formable and flat it out as thin as you can while still fitting in the oven to increase surface area. Put the oilpad ontop and vape at max temperature. You can add more pizzas in one oven but need to separate them, maybe lay herb or abv inbetween.

It feels you can vape on a pizza forever, my stuff produces a lot of vapor compared to herb.

Enjoy the flight. :science:

horst,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Looks similar to traditional moroccan hash. Looks a bit old and dry to me. Fine to vape up. Probably best to eat tho if you have access to quality product.

Edit ... I see you have an ssv .. put some abv in there crumble some hash in and vape on.

VapourHaze,

horst

horsed
Looks similar to traditional moroccan hash.

No, moroccan hash isn't as black as this one, it's more a dark green to brown color. Black hash is originated in India and Afghanistan mostly.

moroccan hash:
marocco_bubble_hash.jpg

lebanese:
libanon_klebrot.jpg

afghan:
afghaan_black_4_50.jpg

nepalese:
nepalisticky.jpg

indian charras:
india_charrasl12.jpg

netherland skuff:
holland_nedhash_skuff.jpg

source: http://world-of-resin.page.tl/Home.htm lot of good information about the different hash types and their production, but german only.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Oh man I'm gonna vape some nice Moroccan tonight, not vaped any hash in weeks...

If your really unsure what it is, squish it...

To be honest it doesn't look great, hard to tell from pics...

How big is that lump???

kellya86,

VapourHaze

No, moroccan hash isn't as black as this one, it's more a dark green to brown color. Black hash is originated in India and Afghanistan mostly.

moroccan hash:
marocco_bubble_hash.jpg

lebanese:
libanon_klebrot.jpg

afghan:
afghaan_black_4_50.jpg

nepalese:
nepalisticky.jpg

indian charras:
india_charrasl12.jpg

netherland skuff:
holland_nedhash_skuff.jpg

source: http://world-of-resin.page.tl/Home.htm lot of good information about the different hash types and their production, but german only.

Nice pictures and info. Tbf i only said it looked similar to morrocan. The picture you posted of the really nice morrocan caramello is not indicative of all morrocan import. Some of it is much lower quality and darker and harder like the op posted. It actually almost looks like uk soapbar .. i dunno if youve had the misfortune to smoke it but it is disgusting!

Anyway thanks for sharing the link :)

horst

horsed
It actually almost looks like uk soapbar .. i dunno if youve had the misfortune to smoke it but it is disgusting!

Haha, that was the reason why I was never interested when offered hash while looking for weed in germany. That stuff is hard as wood pellets and my mind goes crazy everytime I think about what the dealers put in it to stretch the profit. :uhoh:

Never saw it in black anyways. Always brown, from very light to deep dark. UK is a different market, never heard about it but everything is possible under prohibition. :\

Just recently got curious and discovered the rich world of hashes in amsterdam, so my experience is very limited but I tried to soak up as much knowledge as possible while there. Spend a week there diving deep into all kinds of hashes this time. Saw many and I sampled a dozen types and tried to taste around the globe, but mainly morrocan stuff is offered there. I couldn't tell if the hashish sold there was stretched with anything, but my mind is a lot more comfortable thinking that the quality shops wouldn't risk their credability with selling shit. And quality over there is a HUGE difference to germany. Most of the stuff smells really intense and can get sticky als hell when left in the zipper in a pocket, my first 2 grams ended as a creamy mess.

Currently trending in Amsterdam is morrocan hash from dutch genetics. The town is flooded with morrocs with kush and haze in their names. The budtenders explained that they brought seeds to morroco and produce it over there but I am a bit sceptical about this. Folks talking about problems with the sales of traditional hashes vs the high quality sieves, ice-o-lators and concentrates from the trendy genetics produced in europe.
Maybe they just mix up a good quality morroc with a little bit dry-sieve to enhance the taste, smell and stickyness of the product and sell it for more. But thats just a weird theory I made up while totally soaked in that stuff. :haw:

Last edited:
horst,
Reactions: NorVape

VapourHaze

Ye im sceptical about the euro genetic morrocan also although some does smell better than average . Ive found the best place in adam for traditional hashes is dampkring or tweede karma.

VapourHaze,
Reactions: NorVape

Bad Ocelot

I've had something very similar before. I had to cut slices off with a paring knife, ha. It tasted good & worked pretty well though. This was before the vape/concentrate craze though so I just smoked it in a pipe like some sort of cave man :lol:

I'm not sure how much you have there, but if it's a gram or more it might be worth it to do a QWET or QWISO run as those are cheap, easy, & low effort. Could probably get a few dabs or loads for your vape pen that way. I wouldn't put it in a vape pen as is unless you really like the taste of burnt hash, ha.

Bad Ocelot,

Justpassedu

I wont lie , when I 1st got it I combusted some of it in a bowl , it taste really nice and gave me a nice mellow high . It started as 3 grams , it is about 2 grams now and when I had 1st got it , it was soft , it is now very hard from sitting so long. How would 1 do a QWISO run on it ? is it easy to do ? I wouldn't mind dabbing it in my cloud evo nail , I did drop it in a cheap vape pen and it did not melt for me , I did not want to risk using a good pen or anything with it.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Looks like trim glove hash or a rub hash to me. Definitely has impurities in it.

If it doesn't taste terrible I would vape it in cotton through a convection vape.

Winegums,

Justpassedu

Looks like trim glove hash or a rub hash to me. Definitely has impurities in it.

If it doesn't taste terrible I would vape it in cotton through a convection vape.
yeah I had tried vaping it and it did not melt to well , this was not at a super high heat though. It happens to taste very nice.

Bad Ocelot

I wont lie , when I 1st got it I combusted some of it in a bowl , it taste really nice and gave me a nice mellow high . It started as 3 grams , it is about 2 grams now and when I had 1st got it , it was soft , it is now very hard from sitting so long. How would 1 do a QWISO run on it ? is it easy to do ? I wouldn't mind dabbing it in my cloud evo nail , I did drop it in a cheap vape pen and it did not melt for me , I did not want to risk using a good pen or anything with it.

Yeah, in my experience it didn't melt at all. You should get a pretty good yield from 2g. There are plenty of really detailed teks on ISO & EtOH washes here but the cliffs notes version would be to give it a rough chop or grind, agitate in alcohol for 30sec to 3min depending on the type of alcohol you're using, filter, reserve the particulates for another wash & put the alcohol/hash solution the freezer for 12hrs to 2 days, filter again & let the alcohol evaporate. All this can be accomplished with alcohol, a couple mason jars, coffee filters, & a pyrex pie plate. With herb you can do 2-3 washes before you get all the good out, or so I've read. Never done an alcohol wash with hash myself though.

The rosin tek might work but if it's as hard as the black hash I've had I dunno how well it'd squish without some sort of industrial press.

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
For the Rosin press if you break it up into a powder before hand and let it sit in a heating pad after its been crushed for a couple hours til it gets a little softer should help with the rosin press. You will have to increase the temp on press you are using if you are using a hair straightener it should work fine on high heat. Let me know if you do give it a try!

StickyShisha2

i'm a big fan of winterizing hash to make it dabbable, but it loses the taste.
some flavorful bubble is better as it is, before I concentrate it down, removing waxes.

StickyShisha2,
Reactions: LarryYo
Top Bottom