Has anyone tried the strain "Juanita La Lagrimosa"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rise&Solo

I wanted to ask, on the pain topic, whether anyone has every used "Juanita La Lagrimosa". This strain has just showed up in my dispensary and it is supposed to be very high in the CBDs. One of the budtenders said that she had a cancer patient with a lot of pain who tried it and found it relieved their pain way better than the opiates. I'm thinking about it for use on the golf course where I want relief for the pain but want to minimize the "high" part.

mod note: Split off from the Solo thread to avoid thread derail and to get more attention for the question

Last edited by a moderator:
Rise&Solo,

Mr. Whitewall

I haven't used it personally, but have read an article in the Spanish edition of Soft Secrets, detailing the story behind it (Soft Secrets #3 2014. 'The CBD Wave: first decade, 2004-2010') hit me up if u need a translation, its over 2 pages long :ugh: so that's why I havent got round to do it, but if u really want to know all the details behind the commercial development of CBD strains, I can do it for you.
Will take some time though...:p

Here's a short summary:

Apparently, it comes from an original NY Diesel strain directly purchased from Soma Seeds by the founder of Reggae Seeds, back in 2004. It was then crossed with Queen Mother (NYDxQM) from which a clone was selected to give the 1st gen of Juanita.

It has won a few throphies, as have their sister/cousin strains (Kalijah, Dieseltonic I & II, etc) including some Cannabis Cups. It has undergone further research since, in order to maximize its CBD content.

In 2009, they teamed up with Shantibaba and created the 'CBD Crew', a project dedicated to cannabis patients in need of relief.

In 2011, some of the Cannatonic strains were distributed through their friends, to dispensaries in the US, Canada, and to a medicinal cannabis project in Israel.

The CBD Crew also collaborates with around 20 seed banks across the world, to provide CBD rich strains.

So yes, if you want a CBD high strain, this is it! :2c:

:peace:

Mr. Whitewall,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom