Has anyone read Mein Kampf?

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
That brings to another point, why does a president or any other government organization have to reference or mention 'God' which has nothing to do with politics, or especially politicians.
Don't they realize that religions are like empires, so many have come and gone, how can you be so sure on one?

I know. After every fucking important speech or state of the union address, every President closes with, "blah, blah, blah, and God Bless America". Makes me fucking cringe every time I hear that. I mean, if you're going to invoke religion and the blessings of God, why wouldn't you want to invoke that for everyone, all countries. Why not just end it with a "blah, blah, blah, and God Bless. How many fucking wars have been waged because they believe that God is on their side but not on the side of........."the others"?

lwien,

Plotinus

There are certain shibboleths in presidential politics that even the most forthright candidates feel obliged to repeat, certain topics they feel compelled to avoid. Yet talk to former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson, the unorthodox 2012 GOP hopeful, and those rules go out the window. Ask about church, and he says he doesn't go. "Do you believe in Jesus?" I ask. "I believe he lived," he replies with a smile. Ask about shifts in position, and he owns up to one. "I changed my mind on the death penalty," he tells me. "Navely, I really didn't think the government made mistakes." Ask about his voting history, and he volunteers (without regrets) that he cast his first presidential ballot for George McGovern ("because of the war"). Ask about his longstanding support for marijuana legalization, and he recalls the joy of his pot-smoking days. "I never exhaled," he says. (An avid athlete, Johnson forswore marijuana and alcohol decades ago when he realized they were hurting his ski times and rock-climbing ability.)

This is why you should register as a Republican, even if you're not really one. So you can vote for this man in your state's primary.

Plotinus,

crawdad

floatin
Plotinus said:
even stupid, relentlessly boring people are capable of seriously fucking the world up, if they're given the chance.

the "given the chance" part is what amazes (depresses?) me the most, not that one person is capable of sick thoughts but that many thousands would follow along with it.

crawdad,

djonkoman

never read it(also not that easy here I think, mein kampf is banned here, the netherlands was occupied by hermany in WO2)
but I did see a few german movies from that era(2 to be precise, one was I believe the film of mein kampf or something similar, at least a propaganda film wich rea;;y revolves around the nazi ideology, the other a more regular cinemamovie but since it was produced at that time at that place it has some propaganda in it, but to not drive away people from the cinema's it's limited, not that much anti-jew propahanda for example but ore pro-nationalistic, it evolves around a boy who's father is a commmunist and who wanys him to join the communist youthcI don't know for sure

djonkoman,

lwien

djonkoman said:
never read it(also not that easy here I think, mein kampf is banned here, the netherlands was occupied by hermany in WO2)

I never could understand the banning of books, but then, I've never lived in an occupied country.

lwien,
Top Bottom