• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Hands free that you can leave on between hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallpaper

I've searched around the internet looking for information on the subject, but haven't been able to find any details.

I am interested in a plug in vape of the hands free variety. I've been looking at the Da Buddha and Extreme Q. My question is, for these hands free models, can I leave the vape on and wand in for hours on end without combusting or any ill effects?

I prefer to take a hit every 1/2 hour or so, and would rather not have to remove the wand every time. But if that means having to turn on and off every time, I wouldn't be too satisfied.

Any input or recommendations would be appreciated.

wallpaper,

HERBavore

You could also check out a log vape like an Underdog. If log vapes aren't for you, the Da Buddha would meet all of your requirements.

HERBavore,
Reactions: ShipDit

Armerad

Dabbin'
Sounds like log vapes are right up your alley, you can leave them plugged in all the time, and you get high quality vapor on demand from small amounts.

Armerad,

lwien

He said that he wanted to leave the "wand" in all the time. While there's no issue in leaving MANY vapes on 24/7, not just logs, leaving a full "tube" in is not recommended as there is "some" conduction going on and that constantly applied heat WILL degrade your bud.

At least it is that way with my PD.

lwien,

treeman

Da Buddha does it, I've got a funny story about that. I was vaping a bowl in the Buddha, must have been quite baked and I left it on. When I'm done I always leave the whip in the vape connected to my bong which sits under the desk.
I went to Spain the following day for a week and when I came back the vape was still on. I thought this was an opportunity I wouldn't often have so I decided to go for a taster rip. And Hell yeah, dense clouds (I'm sure there had been some oil in that bowl), the flavour was admittedly gone but the active chemicals were all still there for the taking.

treeman,

Armerad

Dabbin'
He said that he wanted to leave the "wand" in all the time. While there's no issue in leaving MANY vapes on 24/7, not just logs, leaving a full "tube" in is not recommended as there is "some" conduction going on and that constantly applied heat WILL degrade your bud.

At least it is that way with my PD.
I was mostly thinking that the small load size would lend well to him wanting "a hit" every 30 minutes. With my EQ, it doesn't hit well unless you put in atleast .1-.2, which is more of a session than a hit.

Armerad,

max

Out to lunch
What you need is a vape with the heater above the bowl. The VaporSnake comes to mind. It's not a real popular model, but it's been around for years, and is under $200 from Vaporstore (with 10% off). You can use it with water filtration or dry. The bowl screen is large (extremely easy to install/remove) and airways are as well, so you have to load large for thick hits, but with the ceramic heater above the bowl, you can leave it on all day without losing any potency, and it is hands free. If I was buying with your priority at the top of my list, I wouldn't hesitate to get this one. I absolutely loved that feature. The bowl itself also slides easily in and out of the unit for very easy stirring or reloading.

Any input or recommendations would be appreciated.
And we would appreciate it if you'd return to the forum to read the input that members have given. As of now, your last appearance was 3 days ago when you created this thread.

max,

lwien

The VaporSnake comes to mind. If I was buying with your priority at the top of my list, I wouldn't hesitate to get this one.

Yeah, if ya don't mind vaping out of a snake. It may work well, but man, I wouldn't want that piece sitting out on my coffee table. Looks kinda fugly, but then, it's all in the eyes of the beholder................I guess. It would be a nice match for those that have grinders that look like skulls or bear cans though.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
I wouldn't want that piece sitting out on my coffee table
My wife shared your opinion. I think the guy who designed it (German) must have thought that it looked cool and the looks would help sell it. I think his thinking backfired on him. It's a bedroom vape for most, I'd say.

max,

wallpaper

Thanks for all the recommendations. I would have considered a log vape, but having to remove the tube after every hit would be a nuisance to me (albeit small, still a nuisance). I want a full session, but stretched out over a couple hours. Usually my habit is 2-3 hits to get going, and then 1 hit every 1/2 hour or so until the bowl is done. I've been using a Vaporgenie Glass Bat.

I went ahead and ordered a black DBV, should be coming in Tuesday.

wallpaper,
Reactions: treeman

green2brown

It really takes no more effort to put the stem on a log than to use a lighter with a vapor genie. Hell, it may actually be less effort.

green2brown,

lwien

It really takes no more effort to put the stem on a log than to use a lighter with a vapor genie. Hell, it may actually be less effort.

It IS less effort. Take full stem, insert in log, suck.

VG---Light lighter. Hold VG at the correct angle for heating. Bring lit lighter to VG. Suck slowly as to not get flame to dip too far but far enough to heat the VG. Gotta make sure that you don't suck too fast or too slow. Modulate accordingly.

lwien,

HERBavore

Exactly my point. But, i'm sure he'll be just as happy with the DBV, maybe even more happy since a bowl in the DBV won't have to be emptied after 5 or so hits like in a UD stem. A half full bowl will probably last up to a week, the way Wallpaper is going to be using it.

HERBavore,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom