Halotherapy by using salt water in the bong?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Is that a bad method for some reason?
Your call.
"Propene is one of the basic materials necessary to produce isopropyl alcohol. This compound comes from fossil fuels—petroleum, natural gas and even coal."

Well, I use it, too...it's very effective!

Some folks use PBW (powdered brewery wash) as an alternative for cleaning their glass pieces. It works great, once you get the hang of it. I think it has its own thread.

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
I put my tap water in open widemouth glass bottles (old pasata jars) to off gas the chlorine for a few hours, feels less harsh than staight out the tap, and..............

CHANGE YOUR BONG WATER EVERY DAY.
at least every couple of days.
I believe skanking is a form of dancing, not the practice of making bong water last till it has a skanky carpet of green on top......

It tastes nicer. It doesnt cost much. It makes your glassware easier to clean. Its healthier. I believe, unless anyone has evidence to the contrary?
Bacteria only start to grow in water after they land in it, and cannabis resin seems to be anti fungal and anti bacterial, but dont your glass rigs start to smell funky after a day ?
If you have nasty arse tasting weed you could try adding a teaspoon or 2 of a fruit tea, or something like sleepytime tea. but I would definately want to change water every day on the odd occasion I do that.
But i do like the idea of a tinybit of salt in the water. Be like walking near the sea....which always feels healthy.

Last edited:

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Your call.
"Propene is one of the basic materials necessary to produce isopropyl alcohol. This compound comes from fossil fuels—petroleum, natural gas and even coal."

Well, I use it, too...it's very effective!

Some folks use PBW (powdered brewery wash) as an alternative for cleaning their glass pieces. It works great, once you get the hang of it. I think it has its own thread.
Thanks for the reply. I'm a health nut in some ways but I don't see how there's going to be much of anything left of 90% alcohol after using it and letting it dry and then rinsing with hot water. Tap water probably has just as much bad stuff as what would be left of the alcohol.

MoeOnTheMoon,
Reactions: vapviking

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
I put my tap water in open widemouth glass bottles (old pasata jars) to off gas the chlorine for a few hours, feels less harsh than staight out the tap, and..............

CHANGE YOUR BONG WATER EVERY DAY.
at least every couple of days.
I believe skanking is a form of dancing, not the practice of making bong water last till it has a skanky carpet of green on top......

It tastes nicer. It doesnt cost much. It makes your glassware easier to clean. Its healthier. I believe, unless anyone has evidence to the contrary?
Bacteria only start to grow in water after they land in it, and cannabis resin seems to be anti fungal and anti bacterial, but dont your glass rigs start to smell funky after a day ?
If you have nasty arse tasting weed you could try adding a teaspoon or 2 of a fruit tea, or something like sleepytime tea. but I would definately want to change water every day on the odd occasion I do that.
But i do like the idea of a tinybit of salt in the water. Be like walking near the sea....which always feels healthy.
I use a water filter that filters out the 99.6% or so of the chlorine.
So I put 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of salt in an 8 oz glass and shook it and let it sit just to try this. So far I like it. I do like the salty taste when I get an accidental taste of water from my bubbler. I figure why not use salt if there is evidence it's healthier?
It's easy to make salt water, once I looked up how much salt makes 3% of 8 oz of water. Added some Himalayan salt, shook it and waited then shook it again before adding it to my bubbler and bong.
Next time I'll make a pint or quart.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks for the reply. I'm a health nut in some ways but I don't see how there's going to be much of anything left of 90% alcohol after using it and letting it dry and then rinsing with hot water. Tap water probably has just as much bad stuff as what would be left of the alcohol.
There may be reasons other than health that one might choose to not use a fossil fuel by-product to clean their bong?

vapviking,

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
There may be reasons other than health that one might choose to not use a fossil fuel by-product to clean their bong?
Yes, it is moraly wrong to use alchohol as a cleaning product instead of drinking it....... unless drinking it after one has washed ones bong with it.
Could try filling the bong with a highly electrolytic solution and zap it with a few hundred volts to clean it?
But if every body started cleaning their bongs that way , the electrical grid wouldnt take it and we would get blackouts....

Curious Gorilla,
  • Haha
Reactions: biohacker

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yes, it is moraly wrong to use alchohol as a cleaning product instead of drinking it....... unless drinking it after one has washed ones bong with it.
I was talking about isopropyl alcohol, which is toxic if you drink it.

Good point, though, some folks do use Everclear (high alcohol content liquor) to clean their glass, which you can get in some states in the liquor store.

vapviking,

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Since i read this thread first post few months ago i am using salt, a small teaspoon of grey raw salt, inside my herborizer bubbler.
I am a happier vaporist since. Leaving aside halotherapy, which to me is a bonus, i feel less harshness in my throat and bubbler is easier to clean (enano main driver). As already reported, water smell is less gross too.
if it adds benefit of halotherapy then it is jackpot
thanks @Dampfmaschine 👍

Green Kiwi

I would also say a big thank you @Dampfmashine.
I have a massive amount less burden of my seasonal allergies.:rockon::bowdown:.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us:tup:.
I use Himalayan salt 1 gram to 500 ml.
aroha.

Top Bottom