Hairline crack on joint. Fix possible?

EverythingsHazy

Can you just crazy glue it, if the crack isn't all the way through the glass, as somewhat of a reinforcement?

This appears to be just a surface crack, but I don't want the neck to end up snapping off during cleaning or from getting wet or something, if it isn't already too late for the piece.
4F6F5962-1CB9-4D8C-910B-1362F4C527E3_zps8pdqln20.png

Also, how hard would it be for someone with access to glassblowing tools to fix it with a torch or something?
Any resident glassworkers here know?

EverythingsHazy,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I recall @herbivore21 introducing us to Hexatal (sp?) as a good way of mending cracked glass...

If you were going to try a quick patch over the top you could also try aquarium Silicone (was mentioned to me as an option by someone a while ago.

Or something I've used is a 2-part glass epoxy. I got it from my local hardware store, and it fixed up a pinhole leak perfectly :)

EverythingsHazy

I recall @herbivore21 introducing us to Hexatal (sp?) as a good way of mending cracked glass...

If you were going to try a quick patch over the top you could also try aquarium Silicone (was mentioned to me as an option by someone a while ago.

Or something I've used is a 2-part glass epoxy. I got it from my local hardware store, and it fixed up a pinhole leak perfectly :)

The crack isn't letting any water or air leak out, so I don't think it is all the way through, or in need of being sealed for function, yet. I just don't want it to expand, or to be causing the neck to be really weak, and then become a problem, so I figured if there is something that could add some strength back to the spot, it'd be a good idea to try. It's very tiny right now. I don't even know if krazy glue or anything else would seep in very much if at all, since it is really a hairline fracture, but it's worth shot.

Top Bottom