hair straightner

joe0508

I am interrested in making some rosin and will be using a irwin tool quick grip xp600 to do this.I have serched and cannot find an answer so i come here.Can someone please give me a suggestion on a straightner that i should go for.I understand that most go for 2 inch but i wont to get one that will withstand the extra force of the tool i will be using.I am thinking titanium but i know ceramic distributes heat better.Can i get some suggestions please?

woolspinner

I am interrested in making some rosin and will be using a irwin tool quick grip xp600 to do this.I have serched and cannot find an answer so i come here.Can someone please give me a suggestion on a straightner that i should go for.I understand that most go for 2 inch but i wont to get one that will withstand the extra force of the tool i will be using.I am thinking titanium but i know ceramic distributes heat better.Can i get some suggestions please?

I cannot read your post because it is black type on dark grey, but there is a "rosin" thread (search for rosin in titles should do it) that is extensive. EXTENSIVE. Making rosin is the bomb, but I have only gotten max 10% in weight rosin to bud on a vwry sticky strain, so keep that in mind.

ETA. Found it! http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rosin-technique-easy-diy-solventless.17470/

joe0508

I cannot read your post because it is black type on dark grey, but there is a "rosin" thread (search for rosin in titles should do it) that is extensive. EXTENSIVE. Making rosin is the bomb, but I have only gotten max 10% in weight rosin to bud on a vwry sticky strain, so keep that in mind.

ETA. Found it! http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rosin-technique-easy-diy-solventless.17470/
Sorry for the way my post turned out i tryed to copy and paste and that is the way it turned out.Dont know why.When i do mine i plan on using a quick grip clamp with lower temps and longer presses.I am thinking maybe 220f for like 20 or 30 sec.I would like to get a hair straightner that will withstand this pressure without breaking.Would you know the best option for me to go with?what do you think of my method?

woolspinner

Sorry for the way my post turned out i tryed to copy and paste and that is the way it turned out.Dont know why.When i do mine i plan on using a quick grip clamp with lower temps and longer presses.I am thinking maybe 220f for like 20 or 30 sec.I would like to get a hair straightner that will withstand this pressure without breaking.Would you know the best option for me to go with?what do you think of my method?

You definitely need to visit the original thread for this technique. There are people in there doing DIY that will blow your mind. Way more knowledgeable than me. I just use whatever straightener I bought at Goodwill.

woolspinner,

joe0508

You definitely need to visit the original thread for this technique. There are people in there doing DIY that will blow your mind. Way more knowledgeable than me. I just use whatever straightener I bought at Goodwill.
Ok thanks i have already started looking at the the link you sent me and by the way thanks alot.i appriciate your help.

Top Bottom