HØJ Grinder , anybody try one? like the idea of slicing

budski

cantre member
spendy at $170 but 3 coarseness plates and slicing blades instead of tearing teeth seems like it would be more like using a razor knife to cut up the buds (the way I usually do at home) leaving more stickies on the buds instead of the grinder teeth.
ships-in-10-14-business-days-hoj-klip-klip-x-grinder-hlklv2ex-30016178749514.png

cheaper than some though

RxPlorer

spendy at $170 but 3 coarseness plates and slicing blades instead of tearing teeth seems like it would be more like using a razor knife to cut up the buds (the way I usually do at home) leaving more stickies on the buds instead of the grinder teeth.
ships-in-10-14-business-days-hoj-klip-klip-x-grinder-hlklv2ex-30016178749514.png

cheaper than some though
Interesting I'll try it after nobody is finding aluminum dust a year or two after it's release. Thanks for "educating" us on that one, @FlowerMillJohn.

Edit: well this one gives me the big-canna venture capital heebie jeebies.

It's been out for 3 years and apparently it "changed the way they smoke" at Forbes (eww), but nobody here has used it?

Won all kinds of awards, and they "scientifically proved through microscopy" that you'll get an ROI in improved potency, but good luck finding the microscopy proof in their glitzy YouTubes.

Oh how I wish it weren't snake oil.

Last edited:
RxPlorer,
Reactions: simba

budski

cantre member
haven't even looked at the youtoob yet, oh well guess I'll buy another $1 razor knife and $169 worth of this Super Sherbet!
Aerospaced makes a slicing style grinder but can't tell if it has blades?

budski,
Reactions: Madtater

Razhumikin

I have one, it was my first fancy grinder, but now i use a bcg exclusively and dont touch it. Its got some cool aspects and does produce a nice grind, but ultimately its too annoying of a grinder to use. You have to hold it in a really specific way while using or itll pop open when grinding. It also gets really dirty really quickly, the matte material catches kief and it gets everywhere, and the finish scratches easily, which greatly reduces its sole best feature, which is its aesthetics.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah there are posts about the HOJ in the herbal grinders thread, a few people have got it though it does not have its own product thread and I guess you can't really search for only three letter terms here

budski

cantre member
yea, this is the 1st time I've gotten deep into grinders, I dig my Auto9, super fast, course-med grind and LOVE the dispenser, but I'm looking for better quality and about to buy a BCG 2nd, would get the SS but twice the price and months wait.

Bababouy

If you want stainless and don’t want to wait Herbripper appears to have the classic and the xl in stock. I bought a mini a few weeks ago when they were on clearance and I’m impressed with the build quality and it got here fast. Got a nice medium fluffy grind.
My other recommendations would be a BCG or an Aroma 3 but they take time.

Bababouy,

budski

cantre member
herb ripper doesn't have a 3 piece course right now, not that I need it that bad right now but if I'm gonna upgrade It should be uncoated stainless
bought a BCG factory 2nd while we wait to see what the hype was about,.

Last edited:

Dankvinci

cheaper than some though
I've had this Høj grinder for a couple of years. it's a really well engineered piece of gear. My only complaint is that the blades don't slice/grind sticky/icky flower very well. the flower gunks up the blades. the product is extremely easy to clean because its all held together by magnets. So, I give the overall product 3 out of 5 stars.

budski

cantre member
Thanks Dank, That's exactly what I needed to know. My whole deal is trying to keep as much of the stickyummies on the plant matter as possible for which my $1 snapblade works best, but it's a slow process. The auto9 continues to impress me for the speed and ease of filling capsules, and the BCG works (and looks) great so I'll end up getting large one too, just got to decide if it's worth it for stainless.

budski,

Razhumikin

Thanks Dank, That's exactly what I needed to know. My whole deal is trying to keep as much of the stickyummies on the plant matter as possible for which my $1 snapblade works best, but it's a slow process. The auto9 continues to impress me for the speed and ease of filling capsules, and the BCG works (and looks) great so I'll end up getting large one too, just got to decide if it's worth it for stainless.
I would go aluminum over stainless, being lightweight is really valuable imo. Cant tell you how many times ive accidentally bumped into a glass piece with my bcg while stoned out of my mind, id hate to think of all the broken glass that wouldve resulted if the grinder was significantly heavier.

Top Bottom