Green Dragon Tincture Help

TOWELIE 420

Hey everybody! I hope everyone is having a great Canada's day weekend.... even if you're not canadian! I would like to make some green dragon tonight from bacardi 151 and I was going to follow master wu's method. I have 4.3 gs ground up and waiting to go but I have a couple quick questions for the knowledgeable people in this awesome site!
1: My oven does not have a working fan... is this going to be a problem?
2: When Im decarboxylating the bud, do I cover the bud in tin foil or do I leave the bud uncovered... Im guessing uncovered just double checking
3: when the alcohol is evaporating, is it bringing with it any bonded cannabinoids? I'm guessing no or a small amount otherwise I dont think this method would be as effective.
Is it better to use a baking tray with the foil or no tray?
4: I leave the mason jar that is sitting in the pot of water with the lid off... as opposed to on to avoid an explosion im guessing... exciting stuff this cooking with cannabis can be aha.
5: How much alcohol should I use for my 4.3 gs... I've read just enough to fully cover the herb.
Thanks a lot for your input and tricks! Any last minute info is greatly appreciated as always! Cheers and happy tokin :)

Update: So... I've done the decarboxylation process and this is what my bud looks like now... I hope its not too dark! I kept the oven at 325 and turned it down to 310 halfway through as I was seeing vapors rise off my bud and it seemed to be browning fairly quickly. Also will post a picture of my jar that I have the bacardi and weed sitting in...I'm not sure how much to add but I'm guessing a little more than I have.. not sure but I can see those rich cbds in the alcohol...turning it nice and emerald green looking!

0TDJ088.jpg

vRvEtwJ.jpg

dai6Xhv.jpg

QaYSrm2.jpg

jinl2MO.jpg

TOWELIE 420,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

TOWELIE 420

Sooooo.....I made my golden dragon last night and it turned out pretty well! I finally got an edible high now just to up the dosage the next time I try it! This is what my final product looked like, keep in mind I used a bit less bacardi then I was supposed to so it would be more concentrated as I skipped the step of the double boiler method because I figured since the weeds already decarbed, why does it need that extra heat. I've heard alcohol lipids strip the cannabinoids from herb very quickly and anything over a day or two of soaking is just absorbing unwanted stuff from the bud unless of course you didnt do a decarb before you threw the herb in the alcohol which will need much longer soaking times due to the inactivity of the thca.... Anyways, heres my final product! I will definitely be doing this method again.
That golden colour just brings a tear to my eyes... :')
ofNWE2F.jpg

Rxvd0DF.jpg

ZhvqHRi.jpg

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
3: when the alcohol is evaporating, is it bringing with it any bonded cannabinoids? I'm guessing no or a small amount otherwise I dont think this method would be as effective.

no it's not, so the tincture gets more concentrated as it evaporates.

i wouldn't use less at the beginning to have it be more concentrated but use the "right" amount (everything covered) then let it evap off, the double boiler is to do that evaporating or you can set it in front of a fan.

if you reduce it too far though the oil will want to stick to the container...

TOWELIE 420

no it's not, so the tincture gets more concentrated as it evaporates.

i wouldn't use less at the beginning to have it be more concentrated but use the "right" amount (everything covered) then let it evap off, the double boiler is to do that evaporating or you can set it in front of a fan.

if you reduce it too far though the oil will want to stick to the container...
Thanks! How does my finished product look?

TOWELIE 420,

TOWELIE 420

Nice work! Have you tried it yet?
Yeah, I tried it the same night! It worked fairly well. Still wasnt as potent as i was hoping for. I still feel like the vaping high is a lot more potent so I needa make another strong batch I wanna trip out off some medibles

TOWELIE 420,
Reactions: flotntoke

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
Yeah, I tried it the same night! It worked fairly well. Still wasnt as potent as i was hoping for. I still feel like the vaping high is a lot more potent so I needa make another strong batch I wanna trip out off some medibles

did you evap it before trying?

vaporonly,
Top Bottom