"green dragon" help lemon extract as solvent

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
For 420 I was hoping to make an edible, I have probably 10 grams of abv, and 10 grams of regular weed, I also have two bottles of glycerin tincture that was made a while ago, that I am unsure of the potency of as of now, I believe it may have degraded.

Anyway, to the question...I saw on a few websites that one can make a small amount of "green dragon", i used quotes since traditionally I think it is supposed to be in some form of grain alcohol, and not use an alcohol based food flavoring. I only have 40 proof vodka in my house, so I dont think that is an option as I dont want to have to consume a lot of alcohol, I was thinking I would use some of my abv, and maybe some regular weed to make a dose or two of alcohol extract, using the flavoring. Then I could just pore it in a drink.

I get all of the basic principles of cooking with THC, heating, bonding to fat, etc. but I was looking for help, herbgirl always seems to come to the rescue. :lol:

What I am hoping to do is to add the extract to a gram or two of abv, which I will need to eyeball, unless someone has come up with a teaspoons to gram conversions for ABV? let it soak, and then filter with a coffee filter or fine mesh screen. Very simple I know, just hoping to get some ideas or suggestions.

I was inspired by these directions, but they didn't seem too, too credible to me, and involved some things I was not comfortable with, such as putting weed in the microwave for decarbolyxation (i know i spelled that wrong)

http://www.greendragonsoda.com/

thanks!
:peace: happy almost 4/20!

PhishCactus,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Phish, i guess if you are asking if you can make the dragon with lemon extract, the answer is yes.

the exact proportions of lemon extracts are proprietary, but i believe that higher end ones (usually available only to bakers) and super concentrated could be up to half lemon essential oil/half grain alcohol, maybe some glycerin or propylene glycol. The grocery store variety (even McCormick's), i'll guess, is upwards of 75% grain, probably even more.

So, in your case the cheaper the better i believe. I don't know if lemon oil has any solubility with THC, but i use it in my kitchen counter spray because it seems to help cut grease. natural 'goo' removers are often lemon oil based as well so chances are, it will strip something lipid-y or resin-y from the material.

As for pouring it in a drink, WATCH OUT! lemon oil, while one of the safer oils, is still powerful and concentrated, not something you should be ingesting any quantity of straight without professional guidance and for a damn good reason.

If you like lemonade, i can suggest using that as your carrier. Lemon extract (~1T) (and the accompanying alcohol - woo!) or essential oil (~1t) added to a pitcher (2 Q i think) of cold freshly made lemonade really kicks the flavor to the next level. I've used everclear based golden dragon in lemonade as well and it was a nice way to enjoy it. both together would be KILLER!

as for the decarboxy whatever, i sort of understand it - but i'm really not the one to ask on that one

Good Luck!

herbgirl,
wowerz what an interesting idea. It would be amazing to mix this with a fruit juice. Please report back your findings!

biojuggernaut,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
yes, biojuggernaut, that would be quite nice. it would also add a nice kick to a frosty pitcher of my white wine sangria. any of the citrus extracts would work as well. mccormick makes orange, lemon and lime extracts, but grapefruit, blood orange, mandarin, and tangerine are only available as essential oils. Lorann oils uses pure essential oils for their citrus super concentrated flavorings, you may find these at a cake/candy or craft shop. I wonder about the vanillas and the almond, strawberry, etc. i assume they are all grain alcohol based as well. I just bought a boatload of flavors for my diy ejuice and i found myself wondering if i could drop some on some bud, let it evaporate and have flavored bud. but i'm thinking that may not work, they seem to be alcohol/pg based as well, hmm i wonder if i could tincture with them or possibly add them to a tincture or maybe even make a syrup with it. hmmmm....

herbgirl,

Tuck

If you look at your extract bottle, it will list the percentage of alcohol. My first tincture was done exactly this way. btw, you can decarb with your vapor bros by turning the heat down below what your normally vape at, if you are doing a gram out something small.

Tuck,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I haven't used lemon for extraction but I have used the lemon extract as flavoring in my candy. I can say... a little goes A LONG WAY!! First batch using lemon was so lemony...had you puckering even with the sugar content.

Good luck, curious to see how this turns out!

Lo,
Top Bottom