Great day for tennis........

lwien

I don't know if you guys are into tennis, but the last few days was pretty amazing at the US Open.

A 17 year old girl ranked 70th came out of nowhere to beat 23rd ranked Sharapova yesterday and then today, put away 13th-seeded Nadia Petrova.

Fun matches to watch. Her twin sister was in the stands with tears of joy streaming down her face. Had me a bit misty eyed myself. The crowd went fucking crazy............

lwien,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
bam thread jack
afroduck.jpg

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

NoSmoke

Not really into tennis much, but did see it on Sportscenter. I enjoy seeing stories like that! :) Wonder if she'll end up playing one of the William sisters? By the way what ever happend to teen sensation Michelle Wie, she sure fell off?

NoSmoke,

lwien

NoSmoke said:
Not really into tennis much, but did see it on Sportscenter. I enjoy seeing stories like that! :) Wonder if she'll end up playing one of the William sisters? By the way what ever happend to teen sensation Michelle Wie, she sure fell off?
Venus is out but Serena's a possibility. I don't follow tennis real closely either, but like you, I really enjoy seeing a non-ranked kid coming out of nowhere and overnight, they become a star. Really fun to watch.
One day she's sweeping leaves off the court at her tennis academy and the next day, she's autographing tennis balls for screeming fans.

Found this on Michelle Wie >>> http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2007/Jun/01/ln/FP706010372.html Wrist injuries amongst a few other things.

lwien,

lwien

Yeah. Sherapova is 6'2".

That's the thing about watching people on TV or in the movies. You have no idea of how short or tall they really are, and then when you see them in person, you get blown away. I remember the first time I saw Sylvester Stallone. I was like....................WTF ??

lwien,

NoSmoke

Did you guys hear Stallone is making a Rambo 5 where he fight a monster created by mad scientists, now get this the monster is a clone of himself! When will Stallone stop embarissing himself with Rocky 1000 and Rambo 1000, he needs to play a new role or retire.

NoSmoke,

Purple-Days

Hey, at least Stallone isn't playing a samurai or fighter pilot :lol: ... but another Rambo??? are you serious? enough already :rolleyes:

Purple-Days,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
Hey, at least Stallone isn't playing a samurai or fighter pilot :lol:
Yeah, but when he stood next to his ex-wife, it was a dead give-a-way. :/

lwien,

NoSmoke

lwien said:
Purple-Days said:
Bridgette Nielson??? She is a man I swear, she's also famous for dating flava-flaaaaaavvvvv

NoSmoke,

lwien

NoSmoke said:
lwien said:
Purple-Days said:
Bridgette Nielson??? She is a man I swear, she's also famous for dating flava-flaaaaaavvvvv
Naw, I was talking about Cruise and Kidman.

lwien,

NoSmoke

Poor Tom still in the closest... When will he ever come out, the world won't hate him.... :lol:

I like Quintin Tarentino's view of Top Gun, he says it was a gay love story between Maverick and Goose, when you watch the movie after listening to Tarentinos outlook its freaking hilarious, funnier then anything I've ever seen twice on the second time if that makes any sense, kind of vaked here

NoSmoke,

lwien

So if any of you want to tune in to see if this 17 yr old phenom can advance from the quarter finals to the semi-finals, she playing her match this evening at 4:00 pst /7:00 est on ESPN. Should be pretty fun to watch.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
She lost, but still, a good run. I bet she moves up from that 70th ranking.

max,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Sorry she lost but I enjoyed watching her kick butt... She just didn't have it last night... I'm sure she'll be back though!! Really needs a kick ass serve since she does have such skills!!!

Lo,

lwien

Yeah. There was a lot of talk that she practiced too much before this match, considering how long her previous matches were. When a player hits so many balls into the net, it is an indication that her legs are tired and yeah, she's just 17 but you can still burn yourself out. Plus, it was obvious that she was getting a bit frustrated with her opponents ability to keep the ball in play even during those long rallies. But this was a great learning experience for her. No doubt, we have not seen the last of her.

lwien,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
she beat 3 world-ranked pros...that's a good enough victory to me. Def. holds bragging rights :brow:

Hennessy1414,

lwien

"I'm gonna take this ball and shove it your fucking ass", and with that, the number one seed loses the open.

Talk about a meltdown...............

lwien,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
talk about a bullshit call

this installs my hate for it even more....what kind of way is that to end it?

Hennessy1414,
Top Bottom