Grasshopper vs Milaana or Yocan Evolve

SunnyHours

What's everyone's take on the GrassHopper vs Milaana?
Also, anyone has a GH and a Yocan Evolve+ or some other Yocan product?
How are you liking the GrassHopper as a dual use device for both Cannabis and Wax/Shatter/CO2?

I'm actually wondering if I should "revive" my Arizer Solo with a new battery and new glass stems since they are all broken. What do y'all think?

Thanks!

SunnyHours,
What's everyone's take on the GrassHopper vs Milaana?
Also, anyone has a GH and a Yocan Evolve+ or some other Yocan product?
How are you liking the GrassHopper as a dual use device for both Cannabis and Wax/Shatter/CO2?

I'm actually wondering if I should "revive" my Arizer Solo with a new battery and new glass stems since they are all broken. What do y'all think?

Thanks!
I've used the Grasshopper since Feb and Milaana since Planetvape release. I've also got a Yocan evolve.

Milaana has much tastier and less harsh vapor but takes a little practice to get it down perfect. Grasshopper tastes significantly worse at high temps (with dry herb) but also requires zero thought ever.

With oil the Grasshopper imo cannot be beaten. You can load a big or small dab in some cotton and the GH can vaporize it all in one hit if you've got the lungs for it. The Milaana is amazing with concentrate too but nowhere near as foolproof.

I wouldn't even compare the yocan to something like the GH or Milaana. Wax burners taste terrible to me compared to actual vaporizers, and both the Milaana and Grasshopper are capable of thoroughly vaping concentrate in a satisfying and efficient way.

Reliability - Milaana
Taste - Milaana
Easy one hit full extraction - Grasshopper
Ease of use - Grasshopper
Harshness - Milaana
Battery life - Milaana
Stealth/portability - Grasshopper

Last edited:

virtualpurple

I enjoy my hopper but it's not the MVP that I think most of us were expecting.

It does great thorough extraction, but reliability is poor.

The milaana has much better flavor, but does require some finesse to tame.

I actually think that the milaana is pretty effortless with concentrates. I use a little stainless steel mesh or hemp fiber and have had zero problems with concentrates.

I definitely prefer the battery life on the milaana as well.

I would feel way more confident handing my hopper to a beginner because they won't accidentally combust, but they would never experience flavor country like the milaana.

@Skywalker OG's ranking is pretty much spot on down to the gnat's ass.

ZC

They're strange mirror opposites I find. Both on demand convection with a ton of power.

But one is super techy and sleep while the other is as simple as can be and made of wood.

The Hopper is a brainless appliance. Press button, recieve vapor. Turn the dial to adjust to a general temp range.

The Milaana is all manual. Takes a learning curve but you have very instantaneous control of your vapor, you can change your vapor mid-hit if you want to.

The Milaana has smoother, tastier vapor overall. The hopper is sleeker and more stealthy.

You can also take hit after hit on the Milaana while with the hopper if you take too many it will get too hot to be comfortable or possibly even overheat the heater for a moment.

I pretty much never use the hopper at home. I only use it in stealth situations. The Milaana is my daily driver that I use constantly at home and on the go when appropriate.

The hopper is easier to clean since nothing sticks in the chamber but the Mi is easy too.

Batteries last longer in the Mi, need to be replaced less often and are standard 18650's so they are easier to obtain.

Honestly if I was going to do it all over again I would have cancelled my hopper preorder and just stuck with the Mi. As it is they're different enough for me to justify keeping the hopper but for me it didn't live up to the hype and the Mi outperforms it in every way that matters to me.

Doktor Dub

for me personally, the GH is not a daily driver and not the Vape to choose if you have only one but more a special Occasion Vape - and this does the GH really well.
It is very stealthy and very fast, in this aspects it is hard to beat.

Vapor Temperature, Battery Life and so on are not so great...

I think it could complement your Solo pretty good but not replace it.

Top Bottom