Grasshopper AC Adapter Kit (and 18650)

dac13

@maxvapor710 I got the shipping notification on March 27th, and I know you said they weren't picking up at your location, but it still is showing as preshipment. I was waiting in case tracking was slow to update because you said Wednesday you dropped a bunch off. Were all of those printed back on March 27th supposed to be showing shipped now?

dac13,

VAPEHUNTER

I’ve been one of the lucky few who had a working Grasshopper that never needed to be sent in for repair but it always had a hot back end and flickering blue lights. In the past 6 months no matter which of my batteries I tried they just start flashing red and crap out mid hit.
Thank You @maxvapor710 for the game changing Grasshopper adapter.
Set up was a bit tougher than I expected but it wasn’t to difficult.
At first the GH back end wouldn’t fully seat down and I thought it was cross threaded. After a bit of muscling the two pieces back and forth the back seated fully and boom we have power! I went through about six bowls so far and I don’t know if I’ll ever take it off. I know it kind of defeats the purpose of the Grasshopper being a portable Vape but the adapter really does make it that good. Oh yeah, and as bad as I wanted to rip off the “clip” I just took my time gave it a slight bend and it went together fine.
I can’t wait to hear what others think about this adapter.
Again, Thank You @maxvapor710 !!!

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@VAPEHUNTER glad you are liking it so far!

Just wanted to let everyone know we test each adapter on the few grasshoppers we have in-house before sending them out, but I realize some peoples units and threading may be more worn than others.

So if for any reason you have an issue threading your adapter onto your Grasshopper... please don't grab some pliers and force it on and risk damaging your Hopper, just send us an email and we will get you another insert sent out for you to try.

Thanks,
Max

Last edited:

Baron23

@VAPEHUNTER glad you are liking it so far!

Just wanted to let everyone know we test each adapter on the few grasshoppers we have in-house before sending them out, but I realize some peoples units and threading may be more worn than others.

So if for any reason you have an issue threading your adapter onto your Grasshopper... please don't grab some pliers and force it on and risk damaging your Hopper, just send us an email and we will get you another insert sent out for you to try.

Thanks,
Max
HI Max - just wanted to say that my adapter arrived in the mail today.

I have opened the....really sturdy...box and the contents look very professional and well finished.

I will give it a go later in the day.

Thanks for this. I believe that this mod has been long needed. Good job (he says before he even tries it! haha).

Cheers and stay safe in FL. Crazy shit going on down there (and elsewhere).

Baron23

Mods - please forgive the double post, but I did want Max to see this tag: @maxvapor710

Max - no bueno.

So, I have two GH's. GH #1 that after multiple RMAs actually works well. GH #2, it runs but it runs cool.

I go to install the AC kit on GH #1 and the back end will not screw on more than about half a turn. Just won't go further and actually gets pretty stuck in there with just hand tightening. Short of gauging in the teeth from some channel locks, this BE ain't going on.

So, I try the BE from GH #2. It will go on....no easily at all, but I can get it to screw down sufficient that the small green LED on the battery board that goes into the body does light up. So, I have green on the AC adapter and green on the insert board. But, the GH will not turn on.

So, I swapped bodies with GH #2 just to see. Still have green on the AC adapter, green on the insert board, but no power when clicking the GH switch.

I tried batteries in both GH's and they both turn on just fine. One runs too cool, but it functions and the other turns on and runs fine. Neither will turn on with the AC adapter kit.

I have looked at the threads on my BE's and they are fine. Be glad to send you some pics.

Also, the adapter male threads seem fine as it screws into both bodies well and easily....note easily. Even with the one back end that I could get screwed on, it was...well, to be blunt a PIA.

Looking at the female threads in the adapter into which the BE screws, they just look more shallow than the female threads on either body in my possession.

So, I will start a PM with you to see how to get resolved my thread issue and my "no turn on" issue.

Other observations, yes I needed to bend the clip on the BE up a good bit to be able to clear the wiring exiting the side of the adapter. Doesn't break my heart as I have never really cared for the pen clip look.

But, even then there just isn't very much area on the adapter to grip it by in order to screw it on. If the threads were a perfect match and screwed on as easily as Hopper parts, NP. But they aren't and they don't (or the one I have doesn't) and I'm trying to grip this little area, and not yank on the cabling, and not grab and twist the board, and....etc. I know this is a limited run, but I think we would have been better served if the adapter was longer and provided grip area without danger of damaging the rest of it.

The kit is very nice looking and well packaged. Very pro, like I said, but I'm having issues with mine and at the present, its non-functional.

On_Weed

Mods - please forgive the double post, but I did want Max to see this tag: @maxvapor710

Max - no bueno.

So, I have two GH's. GH #1 that after multiple RMAs actually works well. GH #2, it runs but it runs cool.

I go to install the AC kit on GH #1 and the back end will not screw on more than about half a turn. Just won't go further and actually gets pretty stuck in there with just hand tightening. Short of gauging in the teeth from some channel locks, this BE ain't going on.

So, I try the BE from GH #2. It will go on....no easily at all, but I can get it to screw down sufficient that the small green LED on the battery board that goes into the body does light up. So, I have green on the AC adapter and green on the insert board. But, the GH will not turn on.

So, I swapped bodies with GH #2 just to see. Still have green on the AC adapter, green on the insert board, but no power when clicking the GH switch.

I tried batteries in both GH's and they both turn on just fine. One runs too cool, but it functions and the other turns on and runs fine. Neither will turn on with the AC adapter kit.

I have looked at the threads on my BE's and they are fine. Be glad to send you some pics.

Also, the adapter male threads seem fine as it screws into both bodies well and easily....note easily. Even with the one back end that I could get screwed on, it was...well, to be blunt a PIA.

Looking at the female threads in the adapter into which the BE screws, they just look more shallow than the female threads on either body in my possession.

So, I will start a PM with you to see how to get resolved my thread issue and my "no turn on" issue.

Other observations, yes I needed to bend the clip on the BE up a good bit to be able to clear the wiring exiting the side of the adapter. Doesn't break my heart as I have never really cared for the pen clip look.

But, even then there just isn't very much area on the adapter to grip it by in order to screw it on. If the threads were a perfect match and screwed on as easily as Hopper parts, NP. But they aren't and they don't (or the one I have doesn't) and I'm trying to grip this little area, and not yank on the cabling, and not grab and twist the board, and....etc. I know this is a limited run, but I think we would have been better served if the adapter was longer and provided grip area without danger of damaging the rest of it.

The kit is very nice looking and well packaged. Very pro, like I said, but I'm having issues with mine and at the present, its non-functional.

@maxvapor710 - I received my kit in the mail yesterday, but am having the exact same problem as @Baron23. I have two grasshoppers, one with a serial number in the 7k series and another in the 12k series (I received this one the day before ether fire). The newer one does not screw on the adaptor ring at all, I tried for over half an hour and the threads on the adaptor are too shallow / do not match, period.

I eventually gave up and tried screwing the adaptor onto the older 7k series backend, and had limited success. I had to manually force each rotation and ripped several layers of skin off my fingers in the process. In the end, I only managed to screw the adaptor halfway on backend before it refused to turn anymore..

Will send a private message for assistance.

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@On_Weed it is possible that some threads have been machined incorrectly, but as i mentioned we test them with all of the backends we have in house before sending them out to ensure they thread on smoothly.

I will get with you guys via email tomorrow though to get it sorted out, no worries.

Baron23

I will get with you guys via email tomorrow though to get it sorted out, no worries.

I'm not worried at all, Max. I know we will get this sorted. No stress here.

But:

we test them with all of the backends we have in house before sending them out to ensure they thread on smoothly.

if this is so....and of course I'm absolutely sure you are being frank and honest...then somebody has a tolerance issue...you or Hopper Labs cause it ain't even close with either back end.

Take care, not at all worried, and I look forward to being able to put the adapter to use soon.

Cheers

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Baron23 thanks for checking, we will probably see if we can get you to send your backend to us so we can check it out. We can send one of our working backends to you in the meantime as a trade if you are open to that.

We have 3 working hoppers that we test fire each cord with before shipping: one is a late 2019 Ti model, one SS we purchased used off of reddit I am not sure of the age, the other was donated by a member here.

We have shipped close to 100 kits so far and these two are the first I have heard of any fitment issues so like you said maybe there is an issue with some of the run of adapters or backend threading tolerance is greater than expected, either way we will figure it out.

Thanks,
Max

Baron23

@Baron23 thanks for checking, we will probably see if we can get you to send your backend to us so we can check it out. We can send one of our working backends to you in the meantime as a trade if you are open to that.

We have 3 working hoppers that we test fire each cord with before shipping: one is a late 2019 Ti model, one SS we purchased used off of reddit I am not sure of the age, the other was donated by a member here.

We have shipped close to 100 kits so far and these two are the first I have heard of any fitment issues so like you said maybe there is an issue with some of the run of adapters or backend threading tolerance is greater than expected, either way we will figure it out.

Thanks,
Max
Thanks Max....I did as you requested and sent an email into your support address.

Let's work it out through that....I'm fine sending you my BE to see what's what (don't you dare lose it! haha) but again, let's work the details out via direct email.

I'm sure we will get this easily sorted.

And just to be a bit pedantic, I think there are three of us, @VAPEHUNTER who got his on finally but with a bit of "muscling" so it ain't a proper fit, @On_Weed and myself. Still, a pretty small set.

Cheers and I will look forward to reply to my email to your support.

marduk

daydreamer
Got mine today and I have the same problem. Adapter threads to body just fine, but not to the backend. FWIW I have two hoppers, one gray titanium with serial GT007xxx, and one plain titanium with serial GT0001xx.

edit: email already sent, thanks Max!

Last edited:

ew91

Just got mine a bit ago. I got lucky as the adapter screwed onto my backend nice and smooth. Same with the adapter to GH body. I'd go so far to say it actually threads together nicer and smoother with the adapter between the backend and body on mine. Tried a few bowls with it and it works great so far! No more hot backend and the PFE doesn't get lip burning hot anymore.

My HT GH is from the 4/20/18 sale. SN GT0125XX

@maxvapor710 Is it ok to leave the Power adapter plugged into the AC brick constantly? (without the GH batt adapter plugged into it)

Be safe out there and Thanks again for making this a reality!

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@ew91 I am glad to hear you did not have any threading issues, that helps us to narrow the issue down a little bit.

Regarding leaving the power adapter plugged in: It should be perfectly safe, but I would recommend disconnecting everything when not in use.

Edit: also wondering if some of you could comment on your choice of Power Adapter and the quality of plastic / how it compares to your expectations for those still on the fence.

Thanks,
Max

Last edited:

VAPEHUNTER

....And just to be a bit pedantic, I think there are three of us, @VAPEHUNTER who got his on finally but with a bit of "muscling" so it ain't a proper fit, @On_Weed and myself. Still, a pretty small set.

Thanks @Baron23 for including me. I too would prefer being able to put it on and take it off without the fuss but because my adapter does work I would feel a little guilty asking for another. @maxvapor710 is it okay to get a replacement and then I’ll send you back the “non-working” adapter piece?
:peace:

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@VAPEHUNTER you don't need to send anything back, just send us an email and we will get you a replacement out. We are sourcing a few more backends currently to determine where exactly the issue lies before we send out a replacement that might also not work for you, hopefully we should have it sorted out in a few days.

If you could include your GrassHopper material (SS or Ti) and the Serial Number of the backend with your email it would be helpful.

Thanks,
Max

Top Bottom