Grasshopper AC Adapter Kit (and 18650)

ddukes88

For those who received there’s already how long did it take to ship? Mine was scanned 4/19 and it still shows in Largo, FL.

ddukes88,

Hammahead

Also, we are very close to being done with assembly for everyone who completed their pre-order I think we have about 30-40 left to assemble, so if you haven't yet received a tracking number you should be getting one over the next week or so.
So... I'm gonna assume this does not refer to international shippings, does it? Regarding the CE mark situation and all? Also kind of lost track regarding the thread problem. Am I right in supposing there's no real way to tell in advance whether it will fit or not?

Hammahead,
Reactions: lazylathe

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Hammahead all of the remaining pre-orders that have been paid for have been assembled as far as they can be, that includes international orders, we are just waiting on the machinist to finish the new threaded part.

As far as we can tell there is no way to tell in advance whether it will fit, but we should have the updated part very soon and all the international orders will go out shortly after.

Lahey

Cruisin'
(4/23)
I still don't have any news on the updated threading other than they are still working on it, but I will keep you guys posted.

Also, we are very close to being done with assembly for everyone who completed their pre-order I think we have about 30-40 left to assemble, so if you haven't yet received a tracking number you should be getting one over the next week or so.

Hi @maxvapor710, still working out the threading I suppose? No tracking number here (domestic order, payment completed.) Maybe another week or so? Any updates appreciated

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Lahey still waiting, I am supposed to go take a few more hoppers over today for a test fit so hopefully that means he will be able to produce them in quantity next week.

Regardless, if you are a remaining domestic order you should be going out in the next few days with the original part.

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
@Lahey still waiting, I am supposed to go take a few more hoppers over today for a test fit so hopefully that means he will be able to produce them in quantity next week.

Regardless, if you are a remaining domestic order you should be going out in the next few days with the original part.

Looking forward to it! I'm on the edge of my seat since I got the confirmation that my orders were linked!

Lahey

Cruisin'

Thanks man, you rock. Sorry to be a pest. Seeing them in the wild has me itching for it. Thanks for making these and for your patience :peace:

ChooChooCharlie

Don't let this pic change your mind

rubber-banded-adapter.jpg

Midnight Toker

That is not a drug, it’s a plant.....
Been away from the forum since late Feb and just caught up on 10 pages of missed material in this thread. Glad to see the adapters are in the wild, with the majority of them threading and performing beautifully. Great work MaxVapor!

I had previously decided to wait on completing my preorder for more info on the battery sled and I see that they are now ready. I would like to complete my order now to get in the build que.

@maxvapor710 when I went to complete my preorder, the default battery sled option is still set to "no battery sled" in the drop down. Do I just add it separately to complete my order since they are individually listed for sale at $20 or are you going to add a battery sled option drop down for the remaining folks who need to complete their preorder? Thanks!

Lahey

Cruisin'
4/23:
...if you haven't yet received a tracking number you should be getting one over the next week or so.

5/1:
@Lahey...if you are a remaining domestic order you should be going out in the next few days with the original part.

@maxvapor710 Domestic order, payment completed Feb. 20. Repeat assurances of “next week or so.” Update please? Maybe a more conservative estimate.

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
Hey @maxvapor710, a little while ago I sent an email (and a pm) about my order which I accidentally made under 2 emails. I did receive an email saying that the orders were linked, but since then I haven't heard anything so I'd just like to chime in saying I'm hopefully one of those people? I ordered super early on but it seems that mistake costed me greviously!

Edit: let me eat my hat, I checked my email before I posted this message but I came back to edit that I've got the email from DNB :)

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
You guys are a little impatient for Grasshopper owners! :brow: Good lord, I think it took 3 or 4 years to get my first Ti Hopper. All small businesses are experiencing delays right now, thought that was pretty well known. Heck, my local post office is only letting 4 people in the building at once.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

You guys sure are impatient for Grasshopper owners. Good lord, I think it took 3 or 4 years to get my first Ti Hopper. All small businsses are experiencing delays right now, thought that was pretty well known.
This was forcast to be shipped before this situation ramped up to where it is now. Even before Chinese New Year, which is a usual period of production hold ups.

Buying stuff that doesnt yet exist always takes longer than desirable. How many folds before there's too much resistance. We're almost 4 fold beyond the ETA.

I waited 13 months for my pre-ordered hopper, which was expected from the get go. I've been waiting for this project for about 5 expecting 1-2.
I know the hold up for the GH was largely due to heater production.

This is relatively more simple kit, but theres still no end in sight and the longer we wait the more this thing is becoming a necessity to get life out of existing gear.

I would have preferred a much less comparitive experience to my hoppers purchase, I would think it's clear that this kind of stringing along is bullshit by this stage.

Yes there are massive postage hold ups and sourcing parts has unpredictable lead times. If you're waiting on something it's not a matter of a week or so, it's a matter of a month or so. Telling the best case isn't going to help with customers patience in the slightest when the chance of it being true is so unlikely.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This was forcast to be shipped before this situation ramped up to where it is now. Even before Chinese New Year, which is a usual period of production hold ups.

I feel ya my brotha, but aren't folks still waiting on GH accessories ordered in 2013? Things always take a little longer when it comes to the Grasshopper!

It does seem like the best rule of thumb for both the manufacturer and the consumer is to never give a release date. Besides, surprises are cool :cool:

I know the hold up for the GH was largely due to heater production.

Do you remember the monthly "status report" emails that GH used to send out, where they would talk about the re-designed parts they were working on? (we all thought the vape was fully developed)

Can't even remember how many of those monthly email updates were spent just working on the clicker! :sherlock: holy cow did those updates piss off many-a-FC member!

Anyways I'm just sitting on the sidelines like the rest of ya, I got rid of my GH years ago, but I'm curious of trying the new one if constant power can be supplied. :science:

MoltenTiger

I feel ya my brotha, but aren't folks still waiting on GH accessories ordered in 2013? Things always take a little longer when it comes to the Grasshopper!

It does seem like the best rule of thumb for both the manufacturer and the consumer is to never give a release date. Besides, surprises are cool :cool:

unbelievably yes they are. That is wildly unacceptable in my book. I purchased the battery charger over 2 years ago, but HL is a different company. How much conduct like that is acceptable? Pretty well none of it is. It’s a pathetic way to handle business. It shouldn’t be seen again or anywhere else. Albeit it’s fairly dissimilar to what is happening here, to a degree.

Do you remember the monthly "status report" emails that GH used to send out, where they would talk about the re-designed parts they were working on? (we all thought the vape was fully developed)

Can't even remember how many of those monthly email updates were spent just working on the clicker! :sherlock: holy cow did those updates piss off many-a-FC member!

Anyways I'm just sitting on the sidelines like the rest of ya, I got rid of my GH years ago, but I'm curious of trying the new one if constant power can be supplied. :science:
I do remember not having to request for an update, but the content there was more necessary to be disclosed (and to a much bigger audience).

I didn’t back HL because it seemed apparent that there would be good cause to wait. First to verify their claims, and second because it was an inexperienced bunch of kids launching a crowd funded super-advanced, state of the art fabrication based, underpriced gadget. Quite the recipe for where we are today.

It is unfortunate to have yet another product launch fall under the guise of the Grasshopper saga. There’s always surplus complications occurring outside a flawed design launch.

Still, all things good are worth waiting for. Some things are so good they’re worth the extra bit of frustration. At least this power adapter and the hopper itself are fairly unique and very awesome. I’m in no real rush, but having spent extra buying at a time with an inflated exchange rate, I’d at least expect some peace of mind like an accurate ETA or a thorough break down of what’s going on, without having to explicitly seek the answers. It is understandable, and it really is no big deal beyond being unfortunate and less than desirable. Eventually it will all be worthwhile. I’d expect the same thing if I ever buy something supposed to be mass produced that doesn’t exist as a one-off again.

Last edited:

vapeverythingnyc

@vapeverythingnyc I will be sending out an email to all pre-orders by Monday with links to get the battery sleds.

The last few orders to go out got one tossed in, so maybe we will see some feedback in the next few days if they are users here.
Thanks @maxvapor710 appreciate the update. I’ll keep an eye out for the email!

Baron23

@vapeverythingnyc I will be sending out an email to all pre-orders by Monday with links to get the battery sleds.

The last few orders to go out got one tossed in, so maybe we will see some feedback in the next few days if they are users here.
Hi Max _ can you please provide a update on the newly threaded and slotted adapter.

I’m still sitting here with your kit that’s currently as functional as a rock.

Top Bottom