1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Got plastic residue on the outside of a Quartz banger... need to replace?

Discussion in 'ABV' started by mistersnafu, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistersnafu

mistersnafu New Member

Hello FC!

I recently got a new quartz banger. Like an idiot, I set it on an oven mitt whose outer lining immediately melted onto the outside. I burned off the residue, but its left a large white smudge (similar to what you go for when seasoning quartz I think). The banger is still basically brand new (I haven't even got the taste right yet), and I really don't want to spend the cash for another if I don't have to. Do I need to replace it, or am I good with a few thorough burnings? Again, the plastic only ever touched the outside of the banger. Thanks for any help you folks can offer!

-Mr. SNAFU

2. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

Have you tried using alcohol to clean? There's also a cleaner called PBW for glass. It a brewery glass cleaner. You can find it off of Amazon online. @mistersnafu Welcome to FC.
    :)

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  3. mistersnafu

mistersnafu New Member

Thanks for the quick reply! I tried using a little ISO and a qtip, but to no avail. This is a persistent smudge! I'll try that cleaner you suggested! Do you think I can still use the banger while I wait for delivery ie is this a health issue or just aesthetic? Thanks again for the help and the welcome!

4. Melting Pot

Melting Pot Sick & Twisted

If its real quartz heat it to a glow then place in water while hot.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  5. mistersnafu

mistersnafu New Member

The gentleman at the shop assured me it was, but I don't know of any test to be certain. As much as I trust my shop keeper, is there any way to confirm?

6. Silat

Silat When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.

When you dunk it in the water you will know for sure:)

SSVUN~YAH and The Beagle like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors