Good Videos to watch when you're Vaked!!

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Recommended by Allison, at The Goddess Delivers...she let me talk her ear off, and kept right up.... I'm about to watch this...

from IMDB....
Storyline

A troubled 15-year-old boy attempting to cope with the recent death of his mother sets out to research Dr. Max Gerson's claims of a diet that can cure cancer as his first assignment for home-schooling in this documentary from filmmaker Steve Kroschel (Avalanche, Dying to Have Known). Garrett is a boy who has always been close to nature. He lives on a reserve with a menagerie of orphaned animals, and over the years he's become especially sensitive to the nutritional needs of the diet-sensitive animals he's charged with caring for. When Garrett's mother suffers a tragic and untimely death, the boy falls into a dangerous downward spiral and nearly flunks out of school. Increasingly concerned for Garrett's well-being and determined to strengthen their bond despite the many challenges on the horizon, his father makes the decision to begin home-schooling the distressed teen...Written by Alin

but then a user review makes it sound bad also...
User Reviews

Propaganda
9 November 2009 | by weirddave (United States) – See all my reviews
There's a lot of truth in this film. Eating a healthy diet is important in so many ways, and the kind of diet espoused by the film would be a giant step up for most of us, but that's not what makes "The Beautiful Truth" so bad.

The movie is set from the perspective of a 15 year old boy who finds compelling anecdotal evidence that Gerson Therapy is effective at curing disease. However, there is no objective, scientific evidence or study that has ever shown this to be true, so the movie chooses to create a conspiracy instead of believing the actual scientific proved truth.

The narrator talks condescendingly to the audience, and his tone says everything: "If a 15 year old boy who hates to read and has no education in this area can understand this, then it shouldn't be too hard for you idiots." But the truth of the matter is that neither the intended audience nor the 15 year old boy have the requisite tools to understand the material.

This documentary was made to push Gerson and alternative medicine as the cure for cancer, and not just to promote healthy eating as a preventative measure against cancer.

Please everybody, do yourselves a favor. Eat healthy now, whether you are sick or not. Go to a real licensed medical doctor whenever you get sick, and make sure to do what he tells you to do. If you find a movie and an uneducated 15 year old boy more compelling than scientific evidence, you should take a moment and reconsider whether you believe in things because they work ("The Ugly Truth") or if you believe in them because you wish that they worked ("A Beautiful Lie").

I haven't seen it yet but she made it sound important

EDIT: Watching this, neither the summary nor the user review capture what this is about...It's about exposing the controversy around the entangled business interests which have molded our medical health standards and practices. It's not proving anything, but it's showing the conflicts of interests scattershot, so expect heavy left-leaning prose, but it's cool if you dig a good conspiracy theory.

VWFringe,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
this is a good WTF - starts out normal, then goes to wtf

EDIT: supposed to look like The Cinema Arts Department sneaking gross special effects into a college advert

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Ok, this one has been around for a while but it still makes me laugh.
It's not what he's laughing at that's funny - it's that situation where you really shouldn't laugh but just can't help it!

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

crawdad

floatin
garrett's story is a good one, watched it last year.

i suggest this next one to be watched in HD, pretty cool perspective.

crawdad,
Reactions: t-dub

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
garrett's story is a good one, watched it last year.

i suggest this next one to be watched in HD, pretty cool perspective.

This looks like it was made in some video software, now I really don't believe moon landings..

Elluzion,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
This looks like it was made in some video software, now I really don't believe moon landings..
Do you believe in human bird wings?

Supposedly Wii controllers are strapped to his arms controlling the motors.

Earlier test flight;

WatTyler,
Top Bottom