Good intro videos? ABP--Already Been Pressed? :)

MinnBobber

1 Brand new to pressing so are there any short informative videos, especially focusing on small plate pressing
with small amounts like 1/2 gram or 1 gram max?

2. I assume that pucks that have been pressed can be used for "all manner of edibles", correct? And since bud underwent minimal heating, it needs decarbing?

3. "Kief your bud first" ?? One video said that and I assume they mean pulverize it to tiny particles like kief?
Is that advisable, if one has a pre-press to form into a puck? Or is "kiefing it" not advisable?

4. Bags vs folded?? For small plate pressing, 1.5" x 3.0", why/when would a bag be needed vs folded parchment??

MinnBobber,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
3. "Kief your bud first" ?? One video said that and I assume they mean pulverize it to tiny particles like kief?
Is that advisable, if one has a pre-press to form into a puck? Or is "kiefing it" not advisable?

4. Bags vs folded?? For small plate pressing, 1.5" x 3.0", why/when would a bag be needed vs folded parchment??

They probably meant dry sifting the flowers to collect the trichomes as kief. Pressing kief versus flower allows you to squish more at once, with higher returns since the starting resin content is higher than if using flower. I don't think you really want to grind it though. Either way you would want to use a bag when working with something fine or granulated like that. Bags are essential for hash or kief rosin, and I would say for flower in a production environment since people buying a retail product are expecting a certain quality level; but for personal use a pistillate hair in the rosin isn't a huge deal and bags wouldn't be needed for squishing a single bud or two.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: MinnBobber
Top Bottom