Going to buy a vaporizer.... have a few concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven22

I have a vape right now that was given to me for free.. its an cheapo brand less box one that is falling apart...but what concerns me is that I think my vape is burning my herb.... it has a dial that isnt accurate... anything less than 80% seems to not produce vapor... and after 85% it seems to burn.... the AVB is really dark black almost.... as opposed to dark brown.... one time at 100% my buddy was taking pulls and I saw the herb start glowing red ....and it was charred.....

anyways... I have never tried a bag type... iv been interested... in those... but what are your opinions on bag vs whip?...

The most I want to spend is something in the extreme vaporizer price range... but the cheaper the better...

I dont care too much about efficiency... but I definitely care about burning and smoking instead of vaping..... I cannot have that happen.. .vaping is the only reason I gave bud a chance...

and im reading about way too many features... glass element, ceramic element, 3 speed fan , hands free whip, regular whip... etc etc etc... Im not sure what all these things are..

---

another question... on these box type vapes... when you pack the bowl and connect it to the heating element, if the bud falls from the top of the bowl and makes contact with the heater, is it supposed to burn?

gimme suggestions...

steven22,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
if the bud falls from the top of the bowl and makes contact with the heater, is it supposed to burn?
probably ... the heater element is normally hotter than the 400F (200C) needed to vaporize the THC in the trichomes, because the air flow and the mass of the bud cause the temperature to drop during the toke, so the heater must be hotter than that.

a decent digital kitchen thermometer ($15 USD) can read up to 550F.

Hippie Dickie,

steven22

Hippie Dickie said:
if the bud falls from the top of the bowl and makes contact with the heater, is it supposed to burn?
probably ... the heater element is normally hotter than the 400F (200C) needed to vaporize the THC in the trichomes, because the air flow and the mass of the bud cause the temperature to drop during the toke, so the heater must be hotter than that.

a decent digital kitchen thermometer ($15 USD) can read up to 550F.
if thats the case... arent all these box vapes a horrible design flaw?... the heating element is pointed at an upward angle.... the whip with the herb is inserted at a slope causing some of the herb to fall a few cm down eventually stopping at the heating element , thus burning.

steven22,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom