Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

TedJones

@beluga808 not in my opinion. I have a zippo that’s similar & I just mimicked your flame out of curiosity. Had the tip of the bright blue against the glass for over 35. Didn’t get much of an orange glow & minimal visible vapor. Reheated w/ blazer ;)

olysh pops

This is the biggest torch I currently have... Will this be enough for the QC or should I get something else? I have seen people using the Blazer Big Buddy a lot. Let me know your recommendations :)
By comparison, a flame of this size can red-hot the classic QC18 in 20-25 seconds

Butane-Torch-Masterclass-VS-QC18-classic.jpg

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Everything is back in stock but I only have long QC connectors right now

@TedJones no slits. I made a slit in one as a prototype

@MTpromises I dont know when ill get around to listing them but if you are interested in one you can DM me. Anyone else is also welcome

@terpguy420 the thinner heater will only be for the mini and it will fit existing minis

@beluga808 I think you will be happy with the 18 QC its my go to. Your torch will work but it might take a while. Definitely watch my demo video

@olysh yah thats a better torch. bong cleaner will remove all that black

alex91

Do you guys use a screen on the QC? If not, does it get hard to clean after a while or it’s easy?

alex91,
Reactions: RogueGuy

MTpromises

Do you guys use a screen on the QC? If not, does it get hard to clean after a while or it’s easy?
50/50 since I learned some hints for cleaning. The glass cleaner Dark Crystal does work better than ISO/salt and I picked up a tip from someone to "burn it off". It's probably not great for the life of the glass, but using a torch to burn off the dimpled area and the tip of the heater was the only way to get them clean for me.

@beluga808 I used a similar kitchen torch I had as part of a creme brulee kit and it worked, it just took like a minute to heat it up.

TedJones

The QC18 is the easiest vape I own to clean. I use a heat gun often in my ritual (metal vapes, glass connectors too). Get it real hot, cotton swab & iso to get what I can, then into a baggie w/ iso & salt. Keep seeing the crystal referenced, will need to add to the list. Do have PBW which puts an extra shine on just about anything.

Bazinga

Which glass stem works best to cool and preserve taste to use with the DynaVap 2021M and with an induction heater?

Bazinga,

Durbandream

UtUiqYK.jpg

I don't use a screen anymore, I just break a few very small pieces off a nug and flatten them down into the stem with a chopstick to block the chamber, pile some ground herb ontop of it like it was a flat screen, then vape the whole thing. The airflow on the QC is massive so faster resin buildup doesn't really matter, and it's easy to clean anyway, just soak in 91% ISO and rinse.

Last edited:

Durbandream

Just got a Mega Quartz Cap in and went through a bowl. The heater is about the same size as the 18mm QC heater so I used the same heating method, ~35sec with a double flame culinary torch. I hit it through a little 12" piece and it was excellent. Smooth, flavorful vapor (though not as flavorful as the 18mm), great airflow and really fast extraction, though you never feel like you're going to combust no matter how hard you push it. I think it will replace the Terpcicle as my 14mm choice since it takes everything good about the Terpcicle without any of the faults. Another excellent job by TRRW

m6nTnhQ.jpg

Edit: Tried it through my 4.5" piece and it was actually much better. The flavor was crystal clear through the entire session, the vapor was smooth and it was a perfect, even extraction. This might be my main way to vape now, it was really incredible and I suggest everyone try it.

nRisP7Z.jpg

Last edited:

alex91

This has to be due to the convection nature, due to the bowl size, of the 18mm over the TC. The new Mega QC has even better flavor since the conduction is even less. But I agree with all of your observations of the 2 devices

Great review! But I think the Mega QC is more convection heavy, not conduction, right?

alex91,

Durbandream

Great review! But I think the Mega QC is more convection heavy, not conduction, right?
It seemed more conduction heavy at first because it extracts so much faster and the stem gets pretty warm where the 18mm stem doesn't in my experience but after using it through the 4.5" piece it does seem more convection heavy, the flavor is incredible, the vapor tastes almost exactly like the bud smells when you break it open.

alex91

It seemed more conduction heavy at first because it extracts so much faster and the stem gets pretty warm where the 18mm stem doesn't in my experience but after using it through the 4.5" piece it does seem more convection heavy, the flavor is incredible, the vapor tastes almost exactly like the bud smells when you break it open.

Seems like a great piece! That cooling stem you’ve got comes with the Mega QC or it's a spare part?

alex91,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@alex91 I dont use one in the 14mm but do in the 18mm

@Durbandream really glad you are enjoying it. The Mega has replaced the 18mm as my go to. If you haven't tried this already, normally on the 14 and 18 if I need more heat I heat the whole cap, with the mega I just blast the very top for a couple seconds and it finishes the bowl off perfectly. Are you not using the screen? I think that 4 dimple bowl will be better than the one dimple

Durbandream

@alex91 I dont use one in the 14mm but do in the 18mm

@Durbandream really glad you are enjoying it. The Mega has replaced the 18mm as my go to. If you haven't tried this already, normally on the 14 and 18 if I need more heat I heat the whole cap, with the mega I just blast the very top for a couple seconds and it finishes the bowl off perfectly. Are you not using the screen? I think that 4 dimple bowl will be better than the one dimple
I'm not using a screen now since I can put some ground herb on a little unground herb I pressed down and it works great, it doesn't affect the airflow like I thought it might. This new one will definitely make whole nug vaping easier, I'm gonna try that next. And I'll definitely give that heating method a try, I usually need to reheat on the 12".

The flavor is really surprising, is it because of the larger bowl and shorter heater? It seems to heat more evenly top to bottom and extract faster than the 18mm as well. You did an amazing job here.

Last edited:

MTpromises

The Mega QC is a winner. It has more heft then the QC18 and it doesn't rattle as much since the heater is a bit more snug.

As to the Convection vs Conduction I got distracted after heating a bowl topped with bubble hash and when I got back to it like 5m later the hash and weed were pretty toasted. There is certainly conduction over time.

Here's she is loaded with a full 1g of Blueberry with room for more.

Durbandream

The Mega QC is a winner. It has more heft then the QC18 and it doesn't rattle as much since the heater is a bit more snug.

As to the Convection vs Conduction I got distracted after heating a bowl topped with bubble hash and when I got back to it like 5m later the hash and weed were pretty toasted. There is certainly conduction over time.

Here's she is loaded with a full 1g of Blueberry with room for more.
Nice connector, which one is that?

MTpromises

Nice connector, which one is that?
I dunno, you'd have to ask the Rogue tbh, it's what came with it. He said he'd hook me up for writing the big review on Reddit a couple months ago, and I think this is it. I think it's pretty fair. I love it and I wrote the review to help people out and I felt like the QC needed to be in people's hands, I never thought I'd talk to the guy directly, let alone get something out of it.

Durbandream

I dunno, you'd have to ask the Rogue tbh, it's what came with it. He said he'd hook me up for writing the big review on Reddit a couple months ago, and I think this is it. I think it's pretty fair. I love it and I wrote the review to help people out and I felt like the QC needed to be in people's hands, I never thought I'd talk to the guy directly, let alone get something out of it.
Nice! Yeah, he's a really cool guy, very accessible for someone who makes such excellent devices. They definitely need to be in more hands, I'm not sure if there are any better cost/performance options are out there.

MTpromises

Nice! Yeah, he's a really cool guy, very accessible for someone who makes such excellent devices. They definitely need to be in more hands, I'm not sure if there are any better cost/performance options are out there.
Ya, and rereading my post I shoulda said "this is it" I'm so fucking high, I'm on my 3rd Cap this afternoon. After the honeymoon settles and it comes down to Mega vs 18mm, I'm not sure who's gonna win. I can tell Mega has less airflow than the 18, it's gonna be tough. Mega feels so good and I love the staggered air inlets at the top, it just looks better.

MTpromises,

Durbandream

Ya, and rereading my post I shoulda said "this is it" I'm so fucking high, I'm on my 3rd Cap this afternoon. After the honeymoon settles and it comes down to Mega vs 18mm, I'm not sure who's gonna win. I can tell Mega has less airflow than the 18, it's gonna be tough. Mega feels so good and I love the staggered air inlets at the top, it just looks better.
After going back and forth I think they're different enough to keep both in rotation. The Mega has the better flavor but the 18mm gives me a nice billowy high that's unique to that vape. The effects from the Mega feel sharper with the same strain, closer to the Terpcicle high. It's turning out to be a great day/night combo.

Principal Guy

I have always been impressed with Rogue Wax Works. Bought the 18mm QC On a whim. Combusted a few times and getting frustrated then I watched the owner’s video on YouTube which set me straight.I’ve been using 3-4 small nuts without a basket screen. Big, flavorful hits. I dropped the glass heater on concrete but it survived! Thank you, Universe.

Top Bottom