Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

olysh pops

4 baths with sodium percarbonate and boiling water are quite effective. If a bit of dirt remains, it's not a big deal, the pins inside the stem are fine parts that can be fragile. Unfortunately, I've already broken a QC18 stem trying to clean it with a little chopstick and some cotton.

Last edited:

MTpromises

Yea I got a bigger torch (big buddy) and this thing really takes off. I didn’t use it as much before since the ronxs took well over a minute to heat this up, but the Terpcicle has been the main vape I use. Gotta order a torch upgrade with this one lol.

Got a stain on the glass that’s hard to get off if anyone has tips. Planning on eventually soaking it in hot water + vinegar

IMG-1770.jpg

IMG-1776.jpg
I just cleaned mine with Dark Crystal. To get the spots I couldn't brush like that I ended up torch cleaning it. Hit that directly with the torch and it'll burn off.

Durbandream

Just tried the QC18 after ignoring it while dialing in the Terpcicle, and I have to say that the polite equivalence the public seems to make between the two is mostly just the whimsy of something called a "Terpcicle". The QC18 is objectively the better device, it isn't even a matter of taste (and I still love the Terpcicle). Wide open airflow, volume and density of vapor, freshness and detail in the flavors which lasts throughout the session, not just in the first hit and a half. I'll still use the Terpcicle because it's fun to use and works great, but the QC18 is the unequivocally superior vape.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@Dee Based @olysh I am having the company that makes the Quartz Cap heaters make a run of Terpcicle heaters. If they do a good job, I will have them make some Mini Terpcicle heaters.

@Sour Dream I have that Ronx torch. It's well made, the flame is huge, but you do need to make sure it is closed tightly. I have found that my go to has been the Blazer Big Buddy over the Ronx and the Blazer 8000

@Gnome34 And others. I use this. Soak overnight and then hit anything left with a little piece of magic eraser. I then soak in super hop soapy water, and then rinse really well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRogueWaxWorks/comments/13gzmg0
@TedJones I do that with my magic eraser but use the end of a toothbrush

@Durbandream thanks for the post. The 18 QC is my go to. I wish people weren't so put off by the lack of a connected heater. It has never presented any issue for me.

@jespar45 Was that you I was talking to about technique on Reddit or IG? If so, or regardless, I'm glad you are enjoying it

I'm currently waiting on a batch of Terpcicle Short heaters coming from the people that have been making the Quartz Cap heaters. The company that has been making them is just not working out. I think these guys will do a better job.

I also have a new heater coming. It fits a 14mm stem like the 14mm Quartz Cap but it is shorter and thinner and will work with a Vapcap size torch.

As I mentioned, I had issues with my last shipment of Terpcicle heaters. There are about 30 pieces where the joint is so large that it won't seal on the bowl. I got some lemons.....but I made some amazing Hard Lemonade.

Introducing the Quartz Cap Mega
20230723-201833.jpg

20230723-201854.jpg

I cut the joint off one of the TC heaters and used a 14mm female joint for the bowl. This one is really heavy on the convection end. I have been packing smaller bowls, a little over the screen. Same heating technique but for the finishing reheat I just hit the top for like 5 seconds. I have only been testing for 4 or 5 days but I'm really impressed with this configuration

Thanks everyone for your support. Sorry I haven't been more active here lately

Old_muel

Only 18mm left. Gotta be damn quick with this stuff I've been trying for months for a 14mm QC & terpsicle to be in stock at the same time & can't/won't just buy seperately when they're in due to prohibitive shipping costs to aus. Think I'm over it for now, oh well I've probly got enough vapes already. Enjoy guys:peace:

nicknobody

Only 18mm left. Gotta be damn quick with this stuff I've been trying for months for a 14mm QC & terpsicle to be in stock at the same time & can't/won't just buy seperately when they're in due to prohibitive shipping costs to aus. Think I'm over it for now, oh well I've probly got enough vapes already. Enjoy guys:peace:
Just saying.… tc is easy in my top 3 favorite devices. Highly recommend trying these fantastic affordable glass gems.

Durbandream

If you buy all three of those vapes I can almost guarantee you'll end up using the 18mm QC the most anyway. I love my Terpcicle but after using the 18mm I don't reach for it much anymore, the QC is better in almost every conceivable way. I understand you wanting to wait for financial reasons but I think once you have them all you'll be annoyed with yourself for not going with the 18mm out of the gate.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Wow. I don’t have the mini, but thought the much smaller glass heater & surface area would accommodate a smaller torch.
@terpguy420 , just carry around a skewer of shish-ka-bob as well in case anyone questions the torch:rant:
You can use one for sure but you will notice a lot better effects and less heating time with a better torch imo. I love the dual ronxs for my Dani tho

TedJones

You can use one for sure but you will notice a lot better effects and less heating time with a better torch imo. I love the dual ronxs for my Dani tho
Ah, glass heater thickness the same as it’s bigger brothers maybe? That dual looks nice and I’ll probably get it at some point, even though I really don’t need it, ha. Finally found my calling with the Ronxs triple flame for the Danis (amazon 2pk) ;)

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Ah, glass heater thickness the same as it’s bigger brothers maybe? That dual looks nice and I’ll probably get it at some point, even though I really don’t need it, ha. Finally found my calling with the Ronxs triple flame for the Danis (amazon 2pk) ;)
The dual torch has been my work horse for like 5 months now, it’s easy to use when outside to hiking.

On an unrelated note I really don’t get what the differences are between the quartz cap and Terpcicle. What makes you guys feel like it’s so much better, I read the posts above but didn’t see anything specific

MTpromises

The dual torch has been my work horse for like 5 months now, it’s easy to use when outside to hiking.

On an unrelated note I really don’t get what the differences are between the quartz cap and Terpcicle. What makes you guys feel like it’s so much better, I read the posts above but didn’t see anything specific
I wrote up a comparison on Reddit of The 18mm QC vs Long Terpcicle. I was on a minor crusade on vaporents 3 months ago to shift some attention to the Quartz Cap cause I felt people were sleeping on it. I wrote this post and encouraged people waiting on the Terp to check out the QC. Now you see it mentioned and some people are out there loving it.

TLDR of Reddit: They are very similar performance wise. The 18mm QC is more potentially potent (it holds more weed) and it's slightly easier to use. The Long Terpcicle looks better and has a catchier name.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I wrote up a comparison on Reddit of The 18mm QC vs Long Terpcicle. I was on a minor crusade on vaporents 3 months ago to shift some attention to the Quartz Cap cause I felt people were sleeping on it. I wrote this post and encouraged people waiting on the Terp to check out the QC. Now you see it mentioned and some people are out there loving it.

TLDR of Reddit: They are very similar performance wise. The 18mm QC is more potentially potent (it holds more weed) and it's slightly easier to use. The Long Terpcicle looks better and has a catchier name.
Thanks that was a good read

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊

@MTpromises - great write up on Reddit. I have the Terpedo, Nameless, and Long Terp (long and short connectors) and am crazy about The Long Terp. TBH the Terp just feels a bit awkward overall due to 3 piece nature of things. In this respect, would you say QC is easier to use since it’s 2 pieces? I don’t truly need it but yeah I kinda do because VAS. Also @RogueGuy is just fantastic and I’ve been incredibly happy with my purchases at TRWW!

Durbandream

I've never used the 14mm QC or long Terpcicle so I can't comment on those but I have the short Terpcicle and the 18mm QC. The 18mm QC is functionally better than the short Terpcicle in every way. It's got a thick body which makes it easier to hold and handle, the loose heater might seem scary but in real life it's a joy to use compared to the Terpcicle heater because there's no fussing with it to get it off and on, and it's fairly solid so it doesn't move around much. It's also a lot harder to combust with the QC, although once you get your technique down that won't be as big a deal, but you can comfortably ride the line and get that nicely charred ABV anytime you want with confidence where with the Terpcicle there's always the worry in the back of your mind it'll light up.

As far as experience, the two biggest differences are flavor and effects. Flavorwise there's no contest, the QC has rich flavor that lasts throughout the session, the Terpcicle has pretty good flavor that lasts the first couple of hits then tastes like burnt popcorn (I'm sure this varies based on amount of weed, heat, etc). Effects are the reason you need both because the Terpcicle has a more forward, aggressive high (I'm guessing because it's more conduction than convection), and the QC has an airier, more enveloping kind of high. I hit the Terpcicle with a sativa if I want to work on something, the same strain in the QC will have me lucid but daydreaming and probably too spaced out to function.

I'd tell anyone to get both since they're so cheap and way more different than I expected but the QC is definitely the more luxurious experience overall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom