Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

TedJones

Sorry thats what it is
Looks like a pretty good fit & nice roast! Is is completely sealed, or does air enter from underneath the heater a bit like the other caps? I’ve also bent a small flat mesh screen which lays a bit sideways in the bowl like yours. While still warm after last hit, can blow out that abv for a clean ass bowl without additional scraping/brushing for next round :sherlock:

highvaper

Yea its a pretty tight fit and also if you rest it on the bottom of the tube you can kind of seal it so just by rocking it back and forth you can adjust airflow. Been testing it most of the morning and for me is much tastier when there is more glass contact and so more conduction and a stronger high compared to the normal terpcicle inner straw.

I also just blow out the straw when done - just need to remember to do it when still hot/warm or it sticks a bit.

I did try out an idea with putting ground up stuff directly in the main tube part and shaking it about when inhaling but there isnt enough of a gap between the terpcicle inner straw and outer tube so most of it just sits in the bottom part rather around the straw which i was trying to get it do.

LordOfTheVapes

I did however just realize that the 18mm heater also fits the Terpcicle. I just had a great session with same temps and 1 minute preheat. Im curious how it will be when the joint eventually gets hot

20240418-111332.jpg

@RogueGuy Very cool; I need to try this. I saw on the site the deluxe kit is OOS, possible due to the short stems; I think I'd prefer the shorter stem--do you know when they will be back in stock?

LordOfTheVapes

@RogueGuy Very cool; I need to try this. I saw on the site the deluxe kit is OOS, possible due to the short stems; I think I'd prefer the shorter stem--do you know when they will be back in stock?
Man I just read the page again and it looks like it ONLY ships with the short connector so the missing part of the deluxe kit is just the stand and tongs, dropdowns confirm; ordering now :love:

TedJones

What screen size do I need to replace screens in my older version of the terpcicle?
I’ll usually get at least a few of the baskets if ordering from TRWW here. Think I’ve picked up a 3 pk elsewhere once listed for TM. A flat screen fit will be hard to find. My 10mm are a little small, and 1/2in (12.7mm) are too big to try to bend & squeeze in there. Couple large nug chunks will work too :tup:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Hows it going with all the beta testers?

Im looking for overall experience.

Does this bring something different from other devices?

At $110 for a full kit, what is the value proposition?

I need to decide whether this is something the average user can use without a lot of technique. So far with my testing, Im feeling like the 14 is pretty simple. I get the exact same results every time. The 18 seems to need more technique.

dapatcho

I’ll usually get at least a few of the baskets if ordering from TRWW here. Think I’ve picked up a 3 pk elsewhere once listed for TM. A flat screen fit will be hard to find. My 10mm are a little small, and 1/2in (12.7mm) are too big to try to bend & squeeze in there. Couple large nug chunks will work too :tup:
Is there anywhere else I could find the baskets then? Ordering just the screens from TRWW to Canada is a bit expensive cause of shipping if I'm getting just the screens

dapatcho,

coolbreeze

I need to decide whether this is something the average user can use without a lot of technique. So far with my testing, Im feeling like the 14 is pretty simple. I get the exact same results every time. The 18 seems to need more technique.
I've generally found the 14mm to be fairly simple and straightforward. I turn the bowl for evenness and have only had one over-roasting incident when I turned my back for too long. It seems like it has a significant conduction/radiation bias and powerful effects. I will have to play with it some more--over the weekend--when I can let it rip. I'd like to get a better sense of how temp differences manifest, and how it handles different load sizes.

I would say that $110 for the kit is pretty reasonable. This seems like a powerful and functional take on the QCs--I really like it and would probably buy an 18mm coil and clamps for my OG Quartz cap. Given the paucity of conduction devices I think these will be welcomed by many.

I think anyone should be able to use the 14mm without too much difficulty.

Edit: Furthur testing underway:
IMG-7478.jpg

Last edited:

Bababouy

I have enjoyed the 18mm a lot. It does take a rip or two to really get the vapor really going (coming from ball vapes) around 550 after the soak but the flavor is exceptional. I’ve played with it all the way up to 620 but have settled at 580 for the best balance of vapor production/flavor. The flavor stays really nice for several hits and when it turns that is my indicator I am done with the bowl. I have only been run whole nugs and hash through it to enjoy an all glass experience. I usually turn it every 1-2 hits to try and roast evenly.

I would like to try the 14mm at some point because I think the bowl size and extra restriction would increase the speed of vapor production. I just need a coil for my 14mm 😀.

$110 for a full kit (no PID) seems very reasonable to me. I think offering the coils with clips for sale would be good as well.

IMO the technique for this is much more simple and consistent than using a torch, but I tend to avoid torches when possible.

Has anyone who has tried it with a terpsicle found that the roast is more consistent without spinning? I’d think the joint connection would eliminate the lean and need to spin the bowl. I tried the mesh/screen between coil and cap and decided it didn’t really make much of a difference so it came back out.

TedJones

Coolbreeze and Bababouy summed it up well and I can echo their responses. I'm using the 14 daily and enjoying it a lot! It's nice to take a rip and be able to step away from it for longer than you would on a heater that's cooling down. In that regard it acts much more like a ball vape in a sense, but more conduction oriented as mentioned. Different rigs and restrictions make a difference too. Sometimes I'll adjust temp for this. Much smoother and less throat irritation on my end as I've also said before. I'd say the average user would find it easy to use.

What would the $110 kit include? Obviously heater & coil but anything else? I'm sure some will be looking for a power source and place to rest the hot glass when using..

would probably buy an 18mm coil and clamps for my OG Quartz cap
+1, I'd be in for the bigger buddy for sure :rockon:

LordOfTheVapes

I mirror all the feedback thus far! :nod:

What does the full kit include? Will there be a deluxe kit with all coveted accessories?

I tried the mesh/screen between coil and cap and decided it didn’t really make much of a difference so it came back out.

The problem I encountered with trying to balance the heater on the handle side with a folded screen was that it could easily tip into a different orientation; the tri-mesh design integrated into the bottom clip solved that problem but needed to be tweaked and double checked regularly--not ideal. The last thing I tried was using a flared stainless steel ring which the heater slides over:

and this was nice but has it's own nuances... the Terpcicle ends this little game of mine--was fun! :science:

Last edited:
Top Bottom