1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Glass Symphony XLR

Discussion in 'Upcoming and Unreleased Plug-in Vaporizers' started by jojo monkey, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

@Oogendoogan easy bro. The fine mesh is not to replace the standard screen, it is too flimsy. It rests on top of the screen in the funnel bowl.
    I know exactly what you mean though. They are damn hard to work with afresh. Jojo sent my funnel bowl with one already installed. He shaped it perfectly to hold like a firm little nest. He had it crimped over and pinched together in 1 or 2 lines/rivets if you know what I mean.

I got 2 extras which I still have. I tried using one in a smaller bowl for the Elev8r, similar size/shape to funnel bowl.

Well, it was a complete flop! Literally lol! I was hoping for a stiff! Instead I got a screwed up pair of jeans that badly needs ironing and holds it's shape like a wet papee boat!!
    Sound familiar? :lol:
    So I dont know how Jojo does it. Maybe some schooling will be offered some day. I still have ir, and the other one (which I daren't touch now). My hopes in asking Jojo for the extras was to use them for my upcoming Herbo Ti, as the bowl and sceen design lets tons of particles through.

So I'll have another go but I ain't super confident.

2. juxt

juxt Well-Known Member

I put the fine screen under the normal screen in the funnel bowl.

If you start with a clean funnel bowl and a new set of screens (remember the funnel bowl screens are a bit smaller than the stadium bowl) put the normal screen in there and get it set to a good position. I then actually blow through the symphony a bit to heat up the screen, maybe 3 or 4 times. I then let it cool and pop it out.

If you then push the new fine screen up against the normal screen (below it) you'll notice that it naturally does bunch up a bit to make those folds and if you push it in the funnel bowl below in a sandwich like that with both screens, fine screen below, with a little finagle you can get it in there.

This is the 2nd cleanest thing I've ever hit, after the glass mesh+glass screen, but it creates the cleanest reclaim in a dropdown you've ever seen and boy it just piles up in there. More than the sublimator for sure. Hard to tell but I think also more than the FP, but I haven't used the Vrod enough to say.

HTH!

3. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

You don't consider that a bad thing?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    juxt and sweetherb like this.
  4. jojo monkey

jojo monkey Well-Known Member Manufacturer

The auber change will make your previous 950F % 1.03 is 922F. So you should just run a little under where you are at now.

Wood BBQ skewers are good for getting at a stuck bead - they won't scratch the glass. Sometimes a little pressure on the heater can unstick beads - there is a little play with the joint. Sometimes you have to remove the beads in a sequence since some can hold the heater from moving. I have yet to be beaten by a stuck bead.

When you get it unstuck, you should follow the "roll a single bead" test to confirm that the heater is in a sweet spot. Gaps are usually caused by the heater not lining up right.

Here are the steps from the current instructions:

5. jojo monkey

jojo monkey Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Ha! You crack me up. I'm not doing anything fancy. I've only done it 1,000 times.

I'm just bending the sides a little before I put it in. The last step is to do a hard press against the glass to form it up. The mesh sort-of listens. The wire it uses is extremely fine.

Really the Bubbleman should get the praise for selling bags that let you sort cannabis by the resin head size. It is enlightening to sample a plant by the maturity of the resin. Anyways, at some point you see where the good stuff begins and ends. I tried to apply this to hole size for the fine mesh.

I tried to capture it for ya.
    It's pretty much vapor that condensed right after the mesh - it has a runny consistency. There are no sticky unconverted resin heads all over the place to gum things up.

Here are a few months of buildup on the funnel bowl (right) vs a few weeks on the glass mesh bowl (left).

[​IMG]

I tried to capture to the gooeyness.

Cl4ud3, Joaon, Hogni and 5 others like this.
  6. juxt

juxt Well-Known Member

It so does get the gooey! Mine is actually even cleaner than the one on the right, just heavier buildup. My new glass screens came in but they were too small as well...

jojo monkey and StormyPinkness like this.
  7. StormyPinkness

StormyPinkness Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

@Andreaerdna told me this would work a long time ago, I am so happy it did. My glass will always be clean.

This is a 6x time lapse of the ultrasonic cleaner over 3 minutes (normally it only takes 1 but it was super dirty glass and I used mostly 71% iso when my 91% ran out):
    Click to play YouTube Video

A quick shake and a water rinse and it was spotless again.

8. Joaon

Joaon Well-Known Member

9. StormyPinkness

After using it for awhile I agree the glass mesh bowl edges out the others in flavor. It takes a bit more time to use, but I definitely like the flavor better side by side with the other bowls. Not a huge difference, but it's noticeable. I especially love that it doesn't get dirty clogged screens. It might get dirty, but it's always going to work.

jojo monkey and Joaon like this.
  10. StormyPinkness

After getting the new heater and having another 100+ degrees to work with I actually got concentrates to vape pretty well using the herbalAire concentrate crucible. It's layered with screens and glass beads. At 950 I get visible vapor and definitely feel the effects, I just don't get a lot of taste out of it. Nothing bad, it was just kind of bland and nowhere near something like the d-nail sic halo. The high actually really snuck up on me, I had one of those moments where I realized I'd just been sitting there staring at something for a really long time.

I tried a glass fritted disc both by itself and on top of the crucible to get it closer to the heater, but I didn't like the results. The disc was a little dirty so I might try cleaning it and giving it another go. The crucible by itself worked really well though, I was surprised.

This 100% worked with the double cup shatter and some cbd isolate I tried.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still trying stuff, I'm a lot more encouraged now that I know it works.

11. juxt

juxt Well-Known Member

I don't know if I mentioned it, but the ceramic 'flavordiscs' that 7th Floor vapes sells with their Elev8r also work really well for concentrates, and it does stand about 1/2 inch so it's stands up in there a little taller. Works pretty well with the funnel bowl anyway.

jojo monkey likes this.
  12. MileHighHuman

MileHighHuman Well-Known Member

Im looking around to see which ultrasonic cleaner to purchase.

Any need to buy one that is expensive rather than cheap?

How much was this one in the photo above? Can it only clean one piece at each time? Also how long does it take to clean usually? (Obviously dirtier glass will take longer, but just curious for an estimate)

@jojo monkey is this the same one you suggested to me?

Joaon likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors