Glass Screens

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
yes I made some....i'm working one that will fit in my extreme ,but it's realy are to make cause the surface is big and the hole must be small .....anyway i'll try to take pix during the week end !!!...did you see the foam glass screen on aromed site ?

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
That's what got me thinking. But on the aromed site it just says "FoamPellets to vaporize liquids oils and tinctures" are they made out of glass?

I think the ones at got vape are basically these. The flower shape provides 6 holes as far as I can see. Though they look like pretty big holes, probably better suited for a combustion water pipes where the ash is pulled through.

With the Extreme, the hot air travels up through the screen before it hits the herb, right? Do you think having only one hole in the screen might limit the hot air distribution on the herb? Especially if it's a really small hole, as would have to be to prevent ground herb from falling through.

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I just realize that I didnt make any comeback on this thread LOL but after some try ,I must admit that i'm not able to make a working glass screen for the extreme mine dont work ...

Clear_Dome,

Purple-Days

I used a few of those glass daisy screens in a glass combustion pipe (way back). The fit was very tricky as all the daisy screens seemed to be a slightly different size (the ones I tried) and some didn't work at all (plugging the hole). But, if you could find one that fit 'just right' in 'your' pipe it was an improvement over no screen at all.

Even then lots of ash went past the screen and that sucked.

They might work great as a vaporizing screen. No ash to fly past. Yeah, they might be great if you can get a good fit for your glass.

Purple-Days,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
I tried glass screen (little daisy's made for my vaporizing bowl). they gave wicked hit but they leak small particles and clog up to easily. I went back to stainless screens. I am thinking about titanium but they are pricey $7.20 plus shipping for 5/8 dia. my :2c:
:peace:

jackstraw62,

vap999

Has anyone tried fritted (sintered) glass disks as vaporizer filters? For example, see http://www.wilmad-labglass.com/group/1213 ; funnels at http://www.ilpi.com/inorganic/glassware/frittedfunnel.html and http://www.adamschittenden.com/Frit_info.html .

These are porous foamed glass disks used as laboratory filters or to support other finer filters, such as paper filters, chromatography media or activated charcoal. These should be relatively cheap disposables (in quantity). Similar fritted glass disks are probably used to form bubbles with aquarium air pumps, but these may not be the good stuff (borosilicate glass).

Rigid borosilicate lab-grade glass disks with controlled porosity made to do exactly what metal screens do -- You would think vaporizer makers, glass blowers, etc. would go crazy with the endless possibilities. Is there a reason fritted glass screens are not used?

vap999,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
It has been my experience that glass screens-- daisies and jacks are all I've tried-- are less useful than what I have been using as a 'screen' for donkey's (y)ears: a proportionately rounded and sized pebble.

But of course, I've never tried using glass screens or pebbles in a vape (never needed to). The above comment relates to smoking in pipes and, when necessary, in a slide/bowl on a bong.

obelisk,
Top Bottom