Discontinued Ghost MV1

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I wonder when the sale is actually over, the plastic smell only put me off for a minute. What does worry me is that POTV will not sell the Ghost due to battery availability problems,
Their site says,

We are fans of the Ghost MV1, but it requires proprietary batteries that have not been available for an extended period of time. This makes it very difficult for us to provide support after the sale. Therefore, we will not procure anymore MV1 vaporizers until batteries become available separately.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
cleaning it with detergent?
I used dishwashing liquid on the silicon parts of a new Tera and it was the worst thing I could have done. It took many days of repeated cleanings to get rid of the 'dishes' smell.:2c:

LesPlenty,

Marcus

No silicone smell or taste off mine and I'm one of those people who can smell a fart on a farmyard, one reason why I had to shelve the mighty and it's plastic cooling unit. Tastes awful to me.

Did a few burn offs and the only smell is warm metal from the heater as with most of my vapes. No visible smoke or fog from oils etc. Seemed clean as a whistle straight out the box if I'm honest.

Crucible loaded and ready to rock n roll... After I've done my weekend chores though. :tup:

I mostly use in the evenings so I don't see an issue with not having the fast charger, it can be put on at bedtime and charged till lunchtime next day. I've got plenty of others for backup and rotation too. Miqro is a fave at the moment, alongside the SSV and Elev8r (The best flavour of them all, will the MV1 take the title tonght?!).

One thing though, the mouthpiece is a bit loose and pulls out easy, but I've tested it for airtightness and it doesn't leak. I am going to presume that it will all expand over time though and settle.

And I've also cleaned my SSV whip out with washing up liquid (detergent) and had to bin it cause the smell and taste lingered so I won't use that on silicon again. :doh:

If the batteries do die, and they aren;t readily available, I'm going to assume the pack can be opened and replacement cells put in place easy enough? Has anyone had to do that yet?

Anyone know what voltage the pack puts out? (Just out of interest.)

:rockon::tup:

Have fun folks!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
the mighty and it's plastic cooling unit. Tastes awful to me.
Glad to hear I am not the only one that does not like that CU (vape is OK)

And I've also cleaned my SSV whip out with washing up liquid (detergent) and had to bin it cause the smell and taste lingered so I won't use that on silicon again. :doh:
At least I am not the only one to find out the hard way.:haw:
I still have the Ghost checkout page ready to go and will regret missing it if I do. I am just using rosin more than buds lately and need concentrate leaning vapes...I think. How is the Ghost with rosin?

EDIT, too late, RESPECTTHEFLOWER code does not work anymore.

Last edited:

Marcus

Glad to hear I am not the only one that does not like that CU (vape is OK)

At least I am not the only one to find out the hard way.:haw:
I still have the Ghost checkout page ready to go and will regret missing it if I do. I am just using rosin more than buds lately and need concentrate leaning vapes...I think. How is the Ghost with rosin?

EDIT, too late, RESPECTTHEFLOWER code does not work anymore.

I'll give the Ghost a go with some rosin over the weekend. I had to send my Dabpress back as it had an electrical issue and the whole unit was live! So I jumped back to flower but still have some jars squished in the fridge. :tup:

I like my Splinter for rosin though, with an 18mm male / male WPA and a mighty capsule concentrate pad stuffed in a basket through the big bong. But for flower thst splinter kinda lets me down. Hit and miss hits really. Hoping the Ghost can be my on demand to replace the splinter.

Still a bargain at 175$ with the charger and caddy though. :2c::clap:

EDIT - Just had a couple of rips on this at 180 and 200*C... Perfect, just what I was looking for.

:tup::tup::tup:

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
But for flower thst splinter kinda lets me down. Hit and miss hits really. Hoping the Ghost can be my on demand to replace the splinter.
This isn't the right thread for me to ask what mod and what Splinter you're using. Post some details about this hit and miss performance over on the Splinter thread and we'll sort you out.

Mixio

TheVaporOne
I believe that they are not showing a lot of respect towards anyone ... lowering the price every day is not a good thing, even though I have resisted and I went on the safe side for the black friday... storz and bickel

Mixio,

kiddvudu2

I believe that they are not showing a lot of respect towards anyone ... lowering the price every day is not a good thing, even though I have resisted and I went on the safe side for the black friday... storz and bickel
As a happy customer, I personally do not feel disrespected. In fact, I purchased another MV1 to keep in the box bc I know how quality of a device this is.

kiddvudu2,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Dopeydiver

I ended up purchasing one of these because someone in the grasshopper thread said it was very good. I'm having a really hard time understanding how most people aren't having any issue with the silicone smell.

This thing is actually kind of amazing in a way because it's so impressive feeling and the functionality seems like it's going to be so cool that after doing two days of heat up cycles and draining the battery twice I was already considering buying a second unit just to get an extra battery and fast charger never having even used it: I was that sure I was going to like it lmao.

Anyway, I'm on like day 5 now heating it up as hot as it will go blowing on the inside etc. it legitimately smells better. Now it only smells like slightly roboburn and one of those little round silicone containers for storing coin collections or whatever people use them for. I tried running lavender through it once on day 3 and it tasted mostly like the smell.

The brand new smell off this thing was really sort of flabbergastingly bad. For context I've owned a Solo, extreme Q and other plastic smell units. Pax2 was fine for me after one charge of burn off, gave that away though because it required so much ground lavender to get a decent extraction instead of just whispy vapor.

Keep hoping it's going to stop smelling bad if i heat it up enough times, but the one thing I can't seem to wrap my mind around is why would they choose to go with green colored presumeably "US food safe" silicon when they could have just used regular uncolored peroxide cured silicone. And why would they not use "UK food safe" platinum cured silicone? It just seems nuts to have this peroxide cured stuff in a medical grade device especially it doesn't genuinely ever really stop releasing silicone smell that it's adding that silicon into the hit. How much of what I'm tasting is 'the color green', and how much is scorched silicone? For me the fact that I'm even asking that question means I'm probably never going to use this thing again.

I did have fun imagining how cool it would be during those first few days of running heat up Cycles, so I did get something for my investment.:)

I would contact Ghost if I were you. I have rarely seen any complaints about a smell and did not experience one on mine at all. Their CS is absolutely fabulous and Virgil should have some good advice for you.

Raf

I read back and found the stuff about other people staying maybe they were extra sensitive to the smell I guess I must be special that way too LOL. It does seem to be gradually getting better like today is day 6 of warming cycles and is definitely much better smelling compared to the first or second day

Raf,

badbee

Washing with soap or detergent seems like a bad idea. If you want to get odors out of just about anything try soaking it in a solution of water and baking soda. It's a weak base with almost no potential to be harmful or corrode the materials but it's very good for neutralizing odors.

Mr Mellish

I've had a Crafty since it came out (got one replacement during the month that the warranty expired). The Crafty can't touch the MV1 in terms of flavor. They're probably equal in terms of cleaning effort required. Not sure on effects, since I stopped using the Crafty when I got better vapes.

Trypsy Summers

So it's coming up to a fortnight now with the Ghost MV1 Stealth Edition - straight from the USA!

My initial thoughts thus far,

This machine is finicky and this issue is accentuated by the fact that I am Storz and Bickel to the core.:rockon:
Anyway, that aside, I have to say that in terms of functionality, the MV1 with the phone App works well, but sometimes your phone ain't nearby! The controls aren't difficult to get the hang of, its just that when its compared to The Mighty on a just out of the box basis, it kinda is, - it's convoluted in comparison, but not a problem once you get used to it - indeed I rarely use the phone App to alter the settings unless it's for the favorite temperature settings. Also one thing what I think is mandatory is the fast charger, which is sold as an extra! WTF!! Again, this comes as standard with The Mighty!! WTF!:huh:

The finicky part I find, is the (loading of the bowl and then) inserting into the Crucible, the first few times were irritating, to say the least, esp when stoned! However, I found that treating it as a learning curve is the way forward, it gets easier with repetition. You also need to get into the habit of holding down the top when pulling out the inhaler tube to ensure you don't dislodge the top - creating an air gap! Again compared to The Mighty this is finicky, don't get me wrong, some people (OCD types) love that stuff, all the ritual needed to get it right, I ain't one of them and you don't get that with the Mighty.:tup:

As for the bowl yeah 0.1gm is about max, and I found that I initially get two entirely flavorsome-hits then two flavorsome but strong hits, then two just strong clouds, from about 6 hits, in total and it can be hit and miss for the clouds. I find that to get the best extraction in terms of flavor and then potency - in that order - you have to toggle through the various temp-settings, including the two favorites, which in my case is set at 210c and 220c respectively. The other thing I found is, its kinda finicky to stir compared to Mighty - which incidentally holds up to 0.3gm and you can get about 12 hits, and they are mostly cloudy! :luv:

There is also a difference in that The Ghost MV1 is not a session vape like The Mighty, but here's the thing, thus far, I have shown nothing but love to The Mighty when comparing the two until - And I never ever thought I would typing this - because up til now I never thought it possible, but I have to confess the vapor of quality of the MV1 Ghost eclipses The Mighty, impossible but true!:hmm:
But, I need to qualify this, The Mighty at the end of a session will leave you just as stoned - if not more, than the MV1 Ghost! However, on a hit for hit basis, The MV1 Ghost is clearly nicer tasting and more potent than The Mighty! One thing about The MV1 Ghost here that is worth noting, is that when you are not inhaling, it doesn't heat up your herb, whereas The Mighty does, which is contrbuting to a waste of herb, and also a worse taste! and therein the one weakness of The Mighty is exposed i.e. The Mighty is a Conduction/Convection vape, whereas The MV1 Ghost is a purely convection vape and the difference in quality of the two systems really does show!:nod:

On my scale of reckoning, which I'll express in Star Trek terms for ease of comprehension, My opinion is based on the Warp Speed Analogy, i.e. The higher the warp-speed the more excellent the vapor!

So if using this as the example; and bearing in mind that Warp 10 is unachievable, and only something on the lines of a plug-in sublimator can get to Warp 9.9! Then when it comes to taste, smell, potency and overall quality, including the strength of the strain used, I found The MV1 can actually go to Warp 9.6 -9.7 which is outstanding, especially considering that the 0.1gm in the bowl can leave you as stoned as a full bowl -0.3gm from The Mighty which I find to be not only outstanding, but also jaw-dropping and all said and done, is the only point of vaping!:rockon::bowdown::hmm:

The Mighty can get to about Warp 9 maybe 9.2 and that is it's maximum, I have to say that there is a clear and noticeable difference in quality in favor of The Ghost MV1 when based on the sweetest hit vs the sweetest hit, but it's still early days, very early days. :|

Not saying:\, Just saying:2c:, Without saying;)

Pure Peaced:leaf:

Last edited:

cosimo

awsome p
So it's coming up to a fortnight now with the Ghost MV1 Stealth Edition - straight from the USA!

My initial thoughts thus far,

This machine is finicky and this issue is accentuated by the fact that I am Storz and Bickel to the core.:rockon:
Anyway, that aside, I have to say that in terms of functionality, the MV1 with the phone App works well, but sometimes your phone ain't nearby! The controls aren't difficult to get the hang of, its just that when its compared to The Mighty on a just out of the box basis, it kinda is, - it's convoluted in comparison, but not a problem once you get used to it - indeed I rarely use the phone App to alter the settings unless it's for the favorite temperature settings. Also one thing what I think is mandatory is the fast charger, which is sold as an extra! WTF!! Again, this comes as standard with The Mighty!! WTF!:huh:

The finicky part I find, is the (loading of the bowl and then) inserting into the Crucible, the first few times were irritating, to say the least, esp when stoned! However, I found that treating it as a learning curve is the way forward, it gets easier with repetition. You also need to get into the habit of holding down the top when pulling out the inhaler tube to ensure you don't dislodge the top - creating an air gap! Again compared to The Mighty this is finicky, don't get me wrong, some people (OCD types) love that stuff, all the ritual needed to get it right, I ain't one of them and you don't get that with the Mighty.:tup:

As for the bowl yeah 0.1gm is about max, and I found that I initially get two entirely flavorsome-hits then two flavorsome but strong hits, then two just strong clouds, from about 6 hits, in total and it can be hit and miss for the clouds. I find that to get the best extraction in terms of flavor and then potency - in that order - you have to toggle through the various temp-settings, including the two favorites, which in my case is set at 210c and 220c respectively. The other thing I found is, its kinda finicky to stir compared to Mighty - which incidentally holds up to 0.3gm and you can get about 12 hits, and they are mostly cloudy! :luv:

There is also a difference in that The Ghost MV1 is not a session vape like The Mighty, but here's the thing, thus far, I have shown nothing but love to The Mighty when comparing the two until - And I never ever thought I would typing this - because up til now I never thought it possible, but I have to confess the vapor of quality of the MV1 Ghost eclipses The Mighty, impossible but true!:hmm:
But, I need to qualify this, The Mighty at the end of a session will leave you just as stoned - if not more, than the MV1 Ghost! However, on a hit for hit basis, The MV1 Ghost is clearly nicer tasting and more potent than The Mighty! One thing about The MV1 Ghost here that is worth noting, is that when you are not inhaling, it doesn't heat up your herb, whereas The Mighty does, which is contrbuting to a waste of herb, and also a worse taste! and therein the one weakness of The Mighty is exposed i.e. The Mighty is a Conduction/Convection vape, whereas The MV1 Ghost is a purely convection vape and the difference in quality of the two systems really does show!:nod:

On my scale of reckoning, which I'll express in Star Trek terms for ease of comprehension, My opinion is based on the Warp Speed Analogy, i.e. The higher the warp-speed the more excellent the vapor!

So if using this as the example; and bearing in mind that Warp 10 is unachievable, and only something on the lines of a plug-in sublimator can get to Warp 9.9! Then when it comes to taste, smell, potency and overall quality, including the strength of the strain used, I found The MV1 can actually go to Warp 9.6 -9.7 which is outstanding, especially considering that the 0.1gm in the bowl can leave you as stoned as a full bowl -0.3gm from The Mighty which I find to be not only outstanding, but also jaw-dropping and all said and done, is the only point of vaping!:rockon::bowdown::hmm:

The Mighty can get to about Warp 9 maybe 9.2 and that is it's maximum, I have to say that there is a clear and noticeable difference in quality in favor of The Ghost MV1 when based on the sweetest hit vs the sweetest hit, but it's still early days, very early days. :|

Not saying:\, Just saying:2c:, Without saying;)

Pure Peaced:leaf:
awsome info!

Top Bottom