Discontinued Ghost MV1

Djsleepy

Make sure if you go thru amazon that seller is banana bros. So you get warranty....they won't accept it otherwise....

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Summer

uncanni

Hello all!

Was curious if there is a post I can be directed to that lists best practices for using the MV1? If not can some of the seasoned users list their best practices. I went from an Ascent to a dynavap and never looked back until the Ghost so I'm trying to figure out the best way to utilize my new toy.

Hi mike, Here are my notes; hope they help!

THE DRIER THE HERB, THE BETTER. DRY HERB IS THE WAY TO OBTAIN FULL EXTRACTION.

BEFORE FIRST USE: IMPORTANT: CHARGE BATTERY FULLY BEFORE FIRST USE. The MV1 Fast Charger should take no more than 2 hours. Failure to fully charge the battery may permanently reduce its capacity and lifespan.

Whever the battery is replaced, you must wake the machine back up. Hold down Mode button until it turns on. You will see one green light. Release then press and hold again to display current heat setting (green, amber and red flashing LEDs).

Press the Mode Button repeatedly to cycle through preset temps. Use the phone app to add to more customized heat settings.

BATTERY AND HEAT SETTINGS
· Press and hold the Mode Button to display battery level.

· 3 green LEDs indicates full

· 1 flashing green LED indicating it’s time to recharge.

· Out of juice: the device will vibrate 3 times with a single flashing red LED.

PREPARING FOR USE: Extend the mouthpiece by between ½ - ¾".
Make sure that the heat sink is inserted all the way: if it's not, you won't be able to draw vapor. Push it all the way down with thumbs.

Triple click the Mode Button to activate Vape Mode, a single green LED will display.

OVERHEATING
· Overheaitng is indicated by vibration and a red warning light. Don't use the MV1 until it cools down again.

Overheating caused by:
· Crucible is too full, too densely packed. Hot air cannot move quickly enough through the device and collects under the filling chamber.

· Make sure herb is dry enough.

· Too slow draws can cause heat to build up underneath the chamber. We recommend to pull a little faster than with most vaporizers: the vapor will be cooled down.

· Extend the mouthpiece for faster air flow.

· To speed up the cooling process, remove the battery and crucuble, and leave door open.

· Drawing on the mouthpiece with MV1 off and the oven door open can also help for a quicker cool-down.

GRINDING HERB AND LOADING THE CRUCUBLES:
Fill crucible loosely: in this case, less is more!
For dry herb, grind to a coarse consistency and load crucible loosely, level to the top. Do not tamp the herb down. Fit crucible lid securely, ensuring there are no gaps between the lid and crucible as you close the door.

SWITCHING ON: To activate, press and hold Mode Button until a single green LED shows, then release and the current battery level will be displayed. The unit will wait in Sleep Mode.

VAPING DRY HERBS:
· In Vape Mode, press and hold the Vape Button for several seconds, until you feel the haptic buzz meaning it’s time to vape.

· Continue to hold the Vape Button and inhale for at least 10 seconds - the longer the draw, the more intense the flavor.

· Release the Vape Button when done and repeat as desired.

VAPING CONCENTRATES:
· Select temperature setting for concentrates and in Vape Mode, press and hold the Vape Button. You will feel the haptic buzz; immediately begin inhaling and continue until you feel a second haptic buzz.

· This prepares the concentrate for use and a single amber LED will be displayed indicating that you are in Concentrate Mode.

· Press and hold the Vape Button again and immediately inhale for at least 10 seconds, releasing when done. Repeat as desired.

CLEANING:
· Crucibles: Soaking the ceramic and stainless steel parts in isopropyl alcohol on a weekly basis will improve performance. The stainless steel lid gets clogged with resin; I clean mine after each use with an alcohol wipe; you will notice that the lids get quite sticky and clogged.

· Heat sink: You will notice that a significant amount of reclaim accumulates at the bottom of the heat sink and the mouthpiece, which can block airflow and reduce the performance of the MV1. Clean the heat sink on a weekly basis by soaking the parts in isopropyl alcohol. Do not clean the lid or the rubber gasket in iso.

TEMPERATURES:
· 2 flashing amber LEDs is the default heat setting.

· To increase vapor intensity select one of the higher presets.

· For lighter vapor reduce to low, indicated by 1 amber LED.

· The concentrate preset is indicated by 3 flashing red LEDs and should not be used for herbs.

While the actual number of vapes will very much depend on the way the GHOST MV1 is used, tests have shown that over 100 full length vapes on the highest heat setting can be achieved on a single battery charge. Lower temperatures result in less frequent charging.

SAFETY
Operate only between temperatures of +5°C – +30°C/+41°F - +86°F
Do not drop or get wet.

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
That is glorious ^^ @uncanni thank you

Hi All!
Just wanted to let everyone know we'll be out of the office starting today in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday in America. We'll be back in the office on Monday Dec. 2nd. Happy holidays to everyone, be well and take care.

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes
Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories+GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I still can't sign in to my Ghost account, just wasn't meant to be I suppose, $125 with the dispenser would have been great though.:|

LesPlenty,
Reactions: joner

kitkatjam22

Just used the Ghost for the first time... need to experiment some more as my ABV was quite uneven and I’m not sure I got even one super strong rip. I’ll try to do a medium grind and not pack it tight again...

I noticed the quick guide telling me I could change temps, however I’m not yet understanding how... any word of advice is appreciated!

Edit:

Just watched a video. Got it. Jesus, this won’t be easy to tell a friend how to work it haha

Last edited:

joner

Just used the Ghost for the first time... need to experiment some more as my ABV was quite uneven and I’m not sure I got even one super strong rip. I’ll try to do a medium grind and not pack it tight again...

I noticed the quick guide telling me I could change temps, however I’m not yet understanding how... any word of advice is appreciated!

Edit:

Just watched a video. Got it. Jesus, this won’t be easy to tell a friend how to work it haha

Keep with it! My advise: dry the herbs before loading the crucibles. Grind, and leave out exposed to atmosphere (like, inside's fine), then load the ol' crucibles.

Nice slow, steady draw works for me. A low temp first draw (heat level 1 or 2 "yellow") seems to help aid vapor on the second draw. Temp stepping is quite effective on this one. One trick that I seemed to just use while being acquainted with the MV1 was to leave it at full power (heat level 5 "red"), and just focus on my long, slow steady draw for 15 seconds.

At first, I found vapor production measly and fiddly, but the more I used it, the better this became. Soon my draw speed and strength just naturally settled where it needed to be to get good draws.

Once I was getting consistent vapor on full heat, I then started to temp step (starting on heat level 2 (yellow) working up to 5 (red)).

Now this thing is a beast. I'm not sure if I just took the time to properly work out my draw, or if this thing just uncorked itself, but I can't even usually go the full 15 second draw anymore because there's simply too much vapor volume to deal with, and my lungs are at capacity.

The first few times this happened , i coughed my brains out (got super hi), and continued to cough for about 15 mins.

Now I can feel the vapor production in the back of my throat (I still can't feel this with any of my other 10 vapes, which include a few other top tier vapes), and I can tell when my lungs are nearing capacity and to cut my draw short.

The vapor is not harsh or unsmooth or hot causing the cough, it's just pure volume. Actually I'm quite sure this one has the best vapor quality of all my vapes, which include Dynavap, mighty, Tubo, splinter z (broke the glass before really getting on with this one), Tera, E-Nano, and volcano (close) - I know I'm missing some. It's cool, fluffy, tasty and voluminous. It edges out the mighty and volcano in the flavor department only for me. I do notice temp stepping to preserve the flavor through the crucible rather than just blasting it at the highest heat, but this may be a necessary starting point for sorting your draw.

I actually contemplated selling my MV1 shortly after receiving it due to its finickiness, but after getting used to it: this thing is a portable get medicated beast.

Keep with it!

Wow what an epistle. Sorry about the lengthly read, mods feel free to delete that sheet.

mod note: no reason for that. please don't post back-to-back though

Last edited by a moderator:

Choices

So the discount code is still working and now for $125 you get the MV1, a dispenser, and a quick charger. So in a sense buy $90 worth of accessories and get an MV1 for $35. I already ordered my Dynavap allotment of two Ms and low temp caps. Is this destined to be a great birthday, Xmas, wedding anniversary gift to myself? (all three are within 10 days of each other)....

Logcabinman

The fast charger being added to the deal started today as a Black Friday special. See their website. And the code they sent to “family” earlier in the week still works for $50 off. Wish I got the fast charger, but happy I got my second unit yesterday.

Logcabinman,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Modicum

They ain't playing fair. At $125. it's $90. for the charger & dispenser and $35. for the MV1." Well what can a poor boy do ? "Apologies to the Stones.
One must ask themselves , how much did they make on the first one I bought ?

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
They ain't playing fair. At $125. it's $90. for the charger & dispenser and $35. for the MV1." Well what can a poor boy do ? "Apologies to the Stones.
One must ask themselves , how much did they make on the first one I bought ?

Ouch !

Lets just hope this is being done to bring in a new model then its acceptable.

They need to do a redesign for mitigating the latch system all together, they need to combine whole metal latch + internal moulded silicon assembly portion into one part.

Get rid of the latch and should be able to insert and remove this whole silicon assembly to place inside the ghost between that ingenious hot air path design they already have.

Top Bottom