Discontinued Ghost MV1

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
I haven't heard a specific number that it increases or decreases the temperature by just hotter or colder.

We haven't established exact temperatures, but the change is about 8% up/down depending on whether you select the higher or lower setting.

@floribud

I can't get into details about it but yes, we are working on an alternative for the app. You guys will be the first to know.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes
Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories
+GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase

I don't understand how flipping it upside down would do anything?

Or, are you flipping the crucible, which if I'm understanding correctly @joner says he does.

I get uneven ABV with this, sometimes it barely looks vaped, good effects tho! I will have to try flipping the crucible. I don't stir nor would I like too tbh
I flip mine ( crucible ) upside too ... Since heat is only coming from the bottom ... It's the only thing that makes sense + the stainless steel lid/top ... Conducts more heat along with convection ... I get way better hits/extraction this way ... It works so well ... That I have visions of/wishing stainless steel or whatever the safest metal is out there ... Was offered to purchase as an extra &/or replacement crucible ... I even thought about cutting one of the lids, 2 place @t the bottom of the ceramic crucible !

Djsleepy

I haven't been tap tap tapping .... guess I need a crucible right now ... in the name of science!

I'm trying right now....... results soon.....

Edit: Huh? You can teach an old dog new tricks! I thought my pack was loose but this is better....don't know if it's the"crucible scoop" or the tap, tap, tap but I'm sold! We could've used this a year ago lol!

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

@Djsleepy - Haha, that's effin great! As a celebration I just put 5 brand new (shiny as Elton John's piano keys) crucibles into rotation. Was saving them for a rainy day but shit, it's snowing here so.... I fill pretty much exactly like that video and my technique has been settling in on lower and lower temps. So delicious, so smooth, and I find that around 345 really picks me up! Like workout type effects! Love this device!

Peese!

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep

cosimo

I flip mine ( crucible ) upside too ... Since heat is only coming from the bottom ... It's the only thing that makes sense + the stainless steel lid/top ... Conducts more heat along with convection ... I get way better hits/extraction this way ... It works so well ... That I have visions of/wishing stainless steel or whatever the safest metal is out there ...

Tried it last night... awesome but not the best idea if you are really high...i totally forgot i had put it flipped and when i went to put in a new crucible i opened the latch in normal position and the crucible fell hard on to the floor and chipped.

Check out the newest video from Ghost Insta .......

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8Jog8lh_xd/

Also on website......

@ghostvapesofficial is that big Virgil rapping???????

Excellent!!! Now I sing "TAP TAP TAP, TAP TAP TAP" everytime i pack a crucible... funny yet effective!

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

Tried it last night... awesome but not the best idea if you are really high...i totally forgot i had put it flipped and when i went to put in a new crucible i opened the latch in normal position and the crucible fell hard on to the floor and chipped.

Hey my friend, that is not what I was describing when using the term "flip". I'm talking about rotating the crucible 180°, keeping the top towards the top like it should be.

Peese!

EDIT: My apologies, I didn't read @BLACK ICE !!! entire post that you quoted. I thought it was related to the one him and I were discussing a while back.

Legit just dropping back into this thread in a new account to say that the upside down crucible trick is straight up brilliance. I have been getting very even, very fast bowls at 1/2 yellow light (not calling it amber, ever) that I did not often find myself enjoying with the correct method. I find after roasting that top layer you can flip it around and the whole crucible is remarkably well cooked. I know that a few green bits here and there is par for the course with the Ghost MV1, but I found pouring out my last crucible that it looked as even as my Mighty or Crafty.

SquirrelMaster

Legit just dropping back into this thread in a new account to say that the upside down crucible trick is straight up brilliance. I have been getting very even, very fast bowls at 1/2 yellow light (not calling it amber, ever) that I did not often find myself enjoying with the correct method. I find after roasting that top layer you can flip it around and the whole crucible is remarkably well cooked. I know that a few green bits here and there is par for the course with the Ghost MV1, but I found pouring out my last crucible that it looked as even as my Mighty or Crafty.
I wonder what results a stainless steel crucible would provide? I think taste may be affected but I bet it would make it easier for owners across the board to achieve more consistent results.

I wonder what results a stainless steel crucible would provide? I think taste may be affected but I bet it would make it easier for owners across the board to achieve more consistent results.

It is a good question. I don't like the disposable nature of the S&B capsules, but a high quality all-stainless steel crucible for the unit would be something nice to explore. There is probably a good reason why not, but right now I am just really having fun with this little adaptation of a really good, if a wee-bit finnicky, device.

Djsleepy

I know when the haze square did a ss bowl it caused conduction like effects.from metal getting hot (possibly wasting product) and flavor went down compared to their.aluminum bowl.....I liked the aluminum bowls better for flavor.......

Djsleepy,

kiddvudu2

Hey, I have an idea... Let's go to the garage and enjoy a crucible! Happy Saturday all!

kiddvudu2,
I have been rocking crucibles at work all day. I really like the Ghost for my current job where the on demand nature of it really shines where I can just duck into the back room between customers and rock a solid mini-session. If I'm not careful it can get me into trouble. Which, at this present place of employment, is rather difficult.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I wonder what results a stainless steel crucible would provide?
Conduction due to heat retention and I would hit the over temp time out even more, leave the partial conduction to vapes that were designed for it (Tera has a little bit of conduction if you want that with decent flavour):myday:
I find if I pull for at least 10 seconds (Ghost say you need to do 10 minimum to make this vape work properly, from large buzz to large buzz) that my AVB is always pretty even (apart from a few green specs as usual):tup:I know HR had crappy caps at first and then they updated them to ones that work brilliantly

I have found a great pouch for the Ghost, my Headbanger pouch fits the Ghost nicely and is great for wiping the unit to remove fingerprints,

img_20200209_143529-jpg.16137

Last edited:
Top Bottom