Ghost MV-1 Speculation and Shipping Thread

SpudBob

I don't know about Bud's NEW rateing system. It seems weird. Cant find the old ratings but it seems he's changed quite a few. If Im not mistaken he had DaVinci IQ , Pax3 and FF2 rated the same as, or very near, Both S&B products. Since Ghost made the top of the new list these other units have knocked way farther down the line from Mighty/Crafty. What changed in such a short period of time???

SpudBob,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I don't know about Bud's NEW rateing system. It seems weird. Cant find the old ratings but it seems he's changed quite a few. If Im not mistaken he had DaVinci IQ , Pax3 and FF2 rated the same as, or very near, Both S&B products. Since Ghost made the top of the new list these other units have knocked way farther down the line from Mighty/Crafty. What changed in such a short period of time???
Nothing really changed. He decided he was using outdated criteria to rate vapes.
He reached out for feedback on what people wanted here:
https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/1474/your-vaperatings

And ultimately, this is what he landed on:
https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/1547/new-vaperatings

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I personally do not like the 'glow' ... Is that healthy to have in your airpath?

What type of wire is glowing in there?

Exactly >> http://www.ecigarette-research.org/research/index.php/research/research-2015/212-db

They stopped recommending it a while ago in the e-cig world, especially after the two studies that found nickel and chromium micro and nano particles everywhere in some carts.

I try to discourage people from making their coils glow in all the threads I'm participating in.

It might be well below problematic levels, but it's an unwanted source of contamination that should be avoided if possible as there's simply not enough research on their real health impact, just speculation.

Stormsend

While I agree on much of what has been said above, I am curious why VaporCritic has been banned from FC? You would think he, like every other manufacturer on here, would also have the right to defend his product and review.

It would be very helpful for all of us [potential customers], for him to be able to come on here and respond directly to our comments.

Internet is never "fair" but here at FC I'd think he should have an opportunity to defend himself.

see comments section from here:
https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/1599/tubo-evic-by-lamart/p1
I'd like to know why he was banned also

Also, as cool as this looks bc of the delays the hype has died down for me. Gonna stick with my Mighty for now, but would like to hear other people's opinion about this, also would be interested in an v2

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Exactly >> http://www.ecigarette-research.org/research/index.php/research/research-2015/212-db

They stopped recommending it a while ago in the e-cig world, especially after the two studies that found nickel and chromium micro and nano particles everywhere in some carts.

I try to discourage people from making their coils glow in all the threads I'm participating in.

It might be well below problematic levels, but it's an unwanted source of contamination that should be avoided if possible as there's simply not enough research on their real health impact, just speculation.
Now I'm wondering if that stainless steel plate above the coil acts as a blocker for the "bad" heat before it hits the load??:huh:

Custom Flower Hardware,
Reactions: MoltenTiger

Radiocitysuicide

you can't trust the vape critic being impartial anymore. it's an infomercial not an honest review. compare it to his older, honest reviews and it's obvious he's schilling for this new company.

I have to agree with this. His videos about this vape have been more like product demonstrations from the company rather than reviews. His overreactions while using the vape were comical. I don't think he's going to be winning any Oscars lol.

That being said I don't think it means the MV-1 won't be a good vape. Personally I'd be hesitant to drop that much money on a new vape from a new company, especially after witnessing recent vape launches. I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews from users and legit reviewers.

SpudBob

Nothing really changed. He decided he was using outdated criteria to rate vapes.
He reached out for feedback on what people wanted here:
https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/1474/your-vaperatings

And ultimately, this is what he landed on:
https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/1547/new-vaperatings
OUTDATED CRITERIA??? Some of the reviews were recently done! How can you trust the judgement of someone who one one hand says the IQ/PAX3/FF2/Mighty/Crafty are equals, then a few months later says NO the Crafty/Mighty and,NOW, the Ghost are equals and the other three get kicked down the list to "SECOND Tier" status. Makes me wonder if he has an "arraignment" with S&B also.Thats what Im talking about! I have nothing against Bud. His old reviews seemed genuine to me. Let the product speak for itself. Somebody, other than Bud, needs to get one in their hands and give an impartial review. Until then all you can do is speculate.

bobo305

to me, this vape has too many small, fidgety parts. don't like the temps settings. greatest new vape ever and you can't go to any temp? gee, much, much, lower cost vapes have this huge feature now, why not on this one? it's also f'ugly and awkward looking and who wants a big, shiny vape? can't hide this thing in your hand. probably fake clouds.

Baron23

probably fake clouds.

Sure takes a tough man to assassinate the character of someone he KNOWS can't come on the board to defend himself.

This thread is about the Ghost MV-1 and not about the vape critic. While I do understand that there is a relationship between the two, let's please keep the discussion focused on the vape, and not the critic.

Thank you.

:peace:

:wave:

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Before it derails in two distinct yet off-topic directions: we're not supposed to discuss materials safety in the product threads anymore, but I have a line on my todo-list since a few days to create a dedicated discussion thread somewhere more appropriate, as it concerns a lot of recent models and most notably nearly all "instant on-demand convection" devices.

Meanwhile don't worry, the guys on that very same site I listed tried to assess the impacts and concluded that, at least in the e-cig case, the exposure levels are well inside the approved rates/quantities and should not be a concern. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be studied nor at least discussed, as the particulates are there, whether in safe levels or not.

PS: and yes it matters, especially Nickel, as some people have sensitivities or even allergies to it
PS2: for the second off-topic direction, you guys have made your point(s) about the VapeCritic, we got it, now let's move on

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Wow this last video really demonstrates some major design flaws with this device. The lid doesn't even snap to the crucible, so if you try to preload a few chambers, all of your herb will spill out. That negates the entire point of a removable bowl. Not to mention that alumina ceramic bowl is going to be scorching hot when you do go to swap the chamber, same with the hot stainless steel lid which will surely fall off. That's why he did everything in the video from cold lol. I really don't understand the 5 parts in the mouthpiece either. This looks like a really complicated attempt at using a different loading system than stems with no real advantages. At least with glass stems I have a cool end to remove it from, and spare stems can be capped for pre-loading.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yes, and with stems we got a single piece of glass or wood and usually a SS screen and Bob's your uncle!

They are so easy to load and dump (suck from your palm or your smell-proof pre-ground stash box as if it was a straw, then blow inside when done)

The more parts there is, the more cleaning and maintenance will be needed.

skyvaper

I'm glad the launch for this vape was delayed. Had it been available it would have been an impulse buy. I appreciate the input here as it is allowing me to make a better decision.

I've been trying to watch the video to understand the light system and I thought I had it until the most recent "reviewfamercial" not that it intimidates me. But that was a turn off for me with the pax too so I'm not loving not having a digital display.

A few lights to represent so much battery life makes it a useless indicator imo I may be wrong and I hope I am.

The vape doesn't look quite as big as I thought especially next to the others. I also flip from thinking it looks like a gimmicky, flashy, cheap, dhgate purchase to the iphone of vapes.

Lastly I have enjoyed many vape related videos. While informative and entertaining that's exactly what they are for. It's not that deep......vape on!!!

Stormsend

I'm glad the launch for this vape was delayed. Had it been available it would have been an impulse buy. I appreciate the input here as it is allowing me to make a better decision.

I've been trying to watch the video to understand the light system and I thought I had it until the most recent "reviewfamercial" not that it intimidates me. But that was a turn off for me with the pax too so I'm not loving not having a digital display.

A few lights to represent so much battery life makes it a useless indicator imo I may be wrong and I hope I am.

The vape doesn't look quite as big as I thought especially next to the others. I also flip from thinking it looks like a gimmicky, flashy, cheap, dhgate purchase to the iphone of vapes.

Lastly I have enjoyed many vape related videos. While informative and entertaining that's exactly what they are for. It's not that deep......vape on!!!
I'm in the same boat as you. This was going to be an impulse buy, but now I'm going to wait it out. My Mighty is only a few months old. Also the no cover on crucible means a lot of spills, I don't like it not having a digital read out, don't like the overpriced accessories. Will be very interested if reviews show that it is the real deal and/or the eventual Ghost 2

Baron23

Wow this last video really demonstrates some major design flaws with this device. The lid doesn't even snap to the crucible, so if you try to preload a few chambers, all of your herb will spill out. That negates the entire point of a removable bowl. Not to mention that alumina ceramic bowl is going to be scorching hot when you do go to swap the chamber, same with the hot stainless steel lid which will surely fall off. That's why he did everything in the video from cold lol. I really don't understand the 5 parts in the mouthpiece either. This looks like a really complicated attempt at using a different loading system than stems with no real advantages. At least with glass stems I have a cool end to remove it from, and spare stems can be capped for pre-loading.
I agree that the lack of a feature to attach the lid firmly to the crucible is an epic requirements failure. Not only for the reason of pre-loading (think care givers, perhaps) but also anybody with a dexterity issue or movement disorder is going to have a very hard time loading this device.

I also agree that they have enough real estate to have put in a decent set of buttons (three should do it, on/off/mode and up and down, yeah?) and a display. I do NOT like having to cycle through modes and and settings sequentially.

I am not worries about the MP assembly....it really didn't look that complicated to me and I have heard similar criticism of the Mighty/Crafty CU and most of us seem to be able to take cleaning that in stride.

Of these, my biggest objection is the lid not latching to the bowl. No matter what their justification or reasoning, that's just a complete miss against a large portion of your potential buyer population's use case and requirements.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I agree that the lack of a feature to attach the lid firmly to the crucible is an epic requirements failure. Not only for the reason of pre-loading (think care givers, perhaps) but also anybody with a dexterity issue or movement disorder is going to have a very hard time loading this device.

I also agree that they have enough real estate to have put in a decent set of buttons (three should do it, on/off/mode and up and down, yeah?) and a display. I do NOT like having to cycle through modes and and settings sequentially.

I am not worries about the MP assembly....it really didn't look that complicated to me and I have heard similar criticism of the Mighty/Crafty CU and most of us seem to be able to take cleaning that in stride.

Of these, my biggest objection is the lid not latching to the bowl. No matter what their justification or reasoning, that's just a complete miss against a large portion of your potential buyer population's use case and requirements.

I don't mean that the mouthpiece looks complicated to put together, or clean, it just seems excessive for no reason - A ceramic chamber that goes to a glass mouthpiece which all fits in a metal enclosure which needs its own silicone gasket and cap to hold itself together... I understand what they were going for, but it just seems like poor design. The mouthpiece has all this clunk to it as if they were trying to avoid metal in the vapor path, but the crucible cap is metal, and it's one of the first things the vapor passes through.

Baron23

I don't mean that the mouthpiece looks complicated to put together, or clean, it just seems excessive for no reason - A ceramic chamber that goes to a glass mouthpiece which all fits in a metal enclosure which needs its own silicone gasket and cap to hold itself together... I understand what they were going for, but it just seems like poor design. The mouthpiece has all this clunk to it as if they were trying to avoid metal in the vapor path, but the crucible cap is metal, and it's one of the first things the vapor passes through.
I don't know for certain (as I don't have one yet) but I believe a reason for the mass and complexity of the MP assembly has to do with their complex airflow, pre-heating the air, vapor cooling path, ect.

I dunno...Bud says its the coolest and tastiest vapor from a portable that he has experience. We have already been through more than enough debate as to whether Bud is credible anymore or not. So, bottom line is we will have to wait until its released and get some feedback from real world users.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
This thread is about the Ghost MV-1 and not about the vape critic. While I do understand that there is a relationship between the two, let's please keep the discussion focused on the vape, and not the critic.

Thank you.

:peace:
This is a pretty gray area, I don't think anyone wants him on here to review, but this is a unique scenario as he also represents the manufacturer, so he could be beneficial in answering most all of the questions above. Especially with regards to materials used and other product specific questions for potential customers.... and back to your regular programming:rockon:

Top Bottom