1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

GH poll (wheres your hopper?)

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by elykpeace, Jan 31, 2019.

Tags:
?

Wheres your hopper?

1. HL (less then a month)

2.7%
  2. HL (more then 6 months)

8.1%
  3. HL ( more then a year)

2.7%
  4. In my possession works great!

28.4%
  5. In a drawer (broken and not worth sending in just yet)

23.0%
  6. wtf is a grasshopper?

6.8%
  7. reluctant to give HL $$$

33.8%
  8. HL (1 - 6 months)

1.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

seeing a lot of brother and sister vapers with things to say about HL and their customer service (perhaps lack there of)

so lets put it to a poll and get an idea of progress.

hopper labs is currenly in the process of moving to a new location but weve heard excuses before. time to get to the bottom of things.

hope this is ok mods if not just delete! thanks.

2. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

What a sad thread.. I haven’t had the balls to put my money out there yet. You didn’t add that option, so I’m voicing my position :)

OF, Alexis, Whisper and 9 others like this.
  3. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

i got you brother!

MoltenTiger, Madri-Gal and KidFated. like this.
  4. Ratchett

Ratchett Vape Accessories Delta3DStudios.com Accessory Maker

Meh, I preordered a year in advance (paid like $120 for it at the time). It's a fun vape to have in my collection. Certainly not a daily driver. But I have had the same unit since 2016 and it still works (albeit I think it's time to grab a fresh set of batteries, mine are pretty worn out)

5. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

good luck finding spares for purchase @Ratchett

HL site :

temp out of stock
    will ship in 2-4 months and thats at 14$ a pop?!

edit: i hope HL has a CRAP ton of batteries on the way. chinese new year is comming and maybe this os a power play from china .. i can see HL having to pay more and china holding the batteries hostage till after the new year..

who put wtf is a hopper!?! lmao where you been these past couple years

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  6. nickb

nickb SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,

I think i should get 2 votes since I have 2 broken down units

OF, grokit, Whisper and 6 others like this.
  7. barleecat

barleecat Well-Known Member

My 2nd RMA took 8 months to get back...Went to use it and it worked like shit and was super flaky....I just said F this thing, put it in its original box and threw it on the shelf....why bother sending it back when others have been waiting up to a year now:doh: .....they’ll never get these things working right :rip:

Glad I bought a Pax3 :sherlock: works every time :leaf:

8. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

@Stu is there a way you could add a 1-3 month and 3-6 month? i guess i didnt have enough options for everyone

sorry too late to edit!

noted tho! :peace:

just a aquired a pax3 as well @barleecat LOVING it but still not a replacement to GH sucks i hope HL gets it together everyone should own a reliable GH imo :2c:

gh the bong rip! pax3 is the doob

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  9. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

Ah tried mine first time in a while, still works despite batts, but maybe not as well? Feeling like its not the time to send in for a replacement just yet though?

grokit, Ratchett and elykpeace like this.
  10. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I think by the time hopper gets it right the hopper will be past tense. Everyone will have moved on to the newest vaporizer. I haven’t used mine for three months. It’s working OK so far after getting fixed. I’m just tired of worrying about whether it will turn on the next time I want to use it. I don’t think it has the best flavor either. Prefer to use a log vape at home. I use another vaporizer when I’m out and about.

OF, Gregori, Zak McKracken and 10 others like this.
  11. voodoo_vape

voodoo_vape Vapour RebeL

I chose the option 'reluctant to give $$ to HL' since I'm really skeptic on every additional penny that I'd like to invest on my Ti hopper.. I was even reluctant on sending the whole unit in for service/replacement, especially now that fucking customs have gone crazy in my country and charge like mad every no-EU order over $25... I could get into bureaucratic shit to prove that the unit is coming back from an RMA..
    After contacting HL we agreed that they'd send my the replacement body, that is faulty, and then I will send them the old in. I've been thinking in the past on getting another GH and follow the pattern that you'd have an operational unit when the other one is on RMA but then I thought that it's a bit too much and those money can go to more reliable vapes...
    There has been a similar poll few years back, if I'm not mistaken.... It's interesting and sad at the same time the fact that HL has not gained their clientele's vast majority faith... Honestly, I wish that this happens some time soon.. Our community needs companies such as HL with great pioneer products, but they need to make sure that they're built to last..

Gregori, grokit, Madri-Gal and 3 others like this.
  12. hillbill

hillbill Well-Known Member

Maybe as bad QC and engineering and customer service anywhere. On any product. At anytime. Thread reminds me of a weird religious cult.

Battery problem could be the same as current weather station and electronic thermometers problem. Check Wally World and they are gone! TARIFFS!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2019
    grokit and Mr. Gweilo 420 like this.
  13. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

not a cult @hillbill
    just wanted to get a count on how hl is doing with CS and reliability of the hopper . both my Ti and spare body are working great just tested the spare this morning and it was running hotter then heck!! set to 1 and ripped on it (empty) then set to two and same thing through 5 . set to two and it preformed as usual actually forgot to finish this reply mid sentence! both are good to go. for now. is there a calibration to these things @slcbdco ? your in with the hl know

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    grokit and Madri-Gal like this.
  14. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

Got my Hopper used from a friend October 2017, still running no problems, no warranties. It doesn't get much use anymore, but last I checked it was running fine.

15. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

Lucky OG Blue Ti :tup:

AJS and elykpeace like this.
  16. CVC4455

CVC4455 Active Member

Yeah sad thread to me at least. Probably 1.5 to 2 years ago when I bought my 1st vape I was researching Vapes like crazy and the grasshopper looked really good especially with the warranty. I was really considering buying it then I started reading about so many breaking or whatever on this site so I decided not to get it. I'd still love to try one but I couldn't see spending that much money when it seems like a decent chance it would break on me and then who knows how long it would take to get fixed under warranty if at all. It's a shame it looked like it could have been a really good vape

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    elykpeace, Madri-Gal and almost there like this.
  17. Cheesequake

Cheesequake MDE Never Dies

I think if they ever get it right it'll do okay. May never be a seller like the Mighty or Crafty but even with all the problems I've had over the last ~4-5 years with multiple grasshoppers it's still my 2nd favorite vape. And if it were reliable it would be my first. If it's ever totally fixed and reliable I will be recommending it left and right I know that much.

grokit and elykpeace like this.
  18. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

They should just change the name to the If Vape.

Whisper and Cheesequake like this.
  19. brewbeer

brewbeer Member

I have one working and one in RMA at HL. I'm also reluctant to hand over more money. Not sure how to vote in poll.

The sample size is small, but the poll results suggest the failure rate could actually be as high as 50%.

elykpeace likes this.
  20. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

@pakalolo or @Stu is there a way to add a few more questions and allow multiple entriess for those i missed between the 1 and 6 month time frame? sorry

pretty split down the middle. a few out there with a working one and a few with a broken one glad to see we can get it in on one poll sorry i missed a few questions and didnt gove everyone with more then one hopper a chance to vote

21. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Yes, but they wouldn't be in the order that you'd probably like. I'd recommend starting over with a new poll/thread entirely. We can delete this one in favor of a new thread if you go that route.

:peace:

OF likes this.
  22. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

hey stu what ever order would be fine and open it to more then one vote. im thiking if you can add a 1-6 months it would be fine and not a whole lot of effort. already have quite few votes and i dont want people to have to revote

23. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Ok, I've added HL 1-6 months at the bottom and allowed people to choose two selections.

:peace:

OF, grokit, paytonpenn and 1 other person like this.
  24. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

thank you so much @Stu your awesome!

@brewbeer you can get another vote

@nickb yiu can get anoter vote

everyone else poll is semi fixed! ill get my second vote as well since i tried the spare and its working great

25. grokit

grokit well-worn member

Grasshopper's definitely my favorite vaporizer...
    WHEN IT'S WORKING

My og unit has become a spare battery charger until I send it in.
    But my new v5 hopper is definitely filling the void!

edited;
    (og posted in the wrong thread then copied back to the right one)
    :doh:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors