Getting my dad into vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

reefersutherland

First off, I'd like to say that my dad is a believer in the medical aspects of cannabis. He has seen how it has turned my recovery around through edibles, but what he doesn't know is that I've been vaping since I got my blue card here in Hawaii a few years ago (Pax, Solo, MFLB primarily).

I've tried to convince him that I feel just as healthy and medicated when I vape as I do when I eat some Cheeba Chews, but for some reason vaporizers are linked to smoking, recreational use, and the unhealthy aspects of cannabis to him. He works in the medical field, so I guess he is a bit headstrong when it comes to my health.

I need some info on why vapor is healthier than smoking, or why vapor is good for patients in general. Any information would be nice including personal experience and detailed scientific reports. If there is already a discussion on this topic, please point me in that direction.

This is my first post, and I'm glad to be here! I was recommended to FC by the fine vaporents of reddit.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Welcome!

I'm probably not the most technical to respond, however I have noticed that 9 out of 10 vaporizer websites have one page dedicated to the benefits of vaporizing. Why don't you start there

I'm sure you could find a lot of useful information by visiting various big name vaporizer websites.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Welcome!

I can't give you a big list of reasons why, but I can give you my own personal experience.

Before I quit smoking, I had a hard time breathing and coughed all the time. I also used 3 different inhalers.

Since I switched to vaporizing, I can take a deep breath without pain and I don't cough anymore. I don't need any inhalers anymore either. :)

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
I have emphysema and i vape regularly . I was also smoke free (cigarettes ) for 4.5 years and had a harder time breathing when i was smoke free. I started using an ecig after a nicotine relapse last year. I see my Pulmonologist every 3 months and 6 months ago after i'd be vaping an ecig for about 4 months -i felt better and could walk farther-everyone noticed. When i saw my Pulmo he commented that my lungs sounded clearer than they had in 7 years and i told him about the ecig etc and vaping. We talked about it for a long time , how they work etc. he didn't tell me to stop lol He's not sure if it's the nicotine or the warm vapor but even he had to admit, my lungs were not suffering because of vaping ;)
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/070515151145.htm

http://www.ccic.net/index.php?id=132,742,0,0,1,0

http://www.integrativeoncology-essentials.com/2011/05/inhaling-vaporized-botanicals-as-medicine/

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations ReeferSutherland,

Maybe you can try to perceive the situation from your father's side for a minute, by reading through a web site hosting loads of canna-phobic soals seeking comfort after resurfacing from hell, whatever, etc... I've got a perfect place in mind for those who wish to bash cannabis to no end: go to BlueLight (.Org) as this may actually help you to prepare for a type of adversity you may yet have to imagine. These guys understand health-worker language it seems, so i'm confident you're likely to find this place familiar enough!

:peace:

max

Out to lunch
"vaporents"? If that just means 'those who vaporize', try vaporists.

I don't know if I can offer anything to make vapor more acceptable to your father, but IMO it's a no brainer that vapor is better than smoke. My lungs quit tolerating smoke over 8 years ago, but I've been vaporizing ever since with no issues.

I don't know why edibles get so many thumbs up vs. smoking or vaping mj. It's so much easier, IMO, to overdose when you eat it. It takes so much longer to kick in that many people have gotten way too high. It also puts you under the influence much longer. The idea that if you use edibles you're not a drug user, but if you smoke it or vape it you're the equivalent of a crack smoking junkie is kind of silly.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
It's just the connotation that is now associated with any visible, white mist that comes out of the human mouth.. Edibles haven't been attacked as mercilessly as smoke has been in the media, so vape gets a bad image too :(

Can't even stand outside on a cold day and exhale deeply. People will think you are smoking crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom