Getting headaches

Ltblue

Hey guys, don't know where to ask this question but anyways I got some of Jack Herer earlier today. When I got it my friend said there was a lot of seeds in the batch and he doesn't know why. All the other stuff I've ever got never had seeds in them maybe 2 seeds in over a 4-5 year time period. I took a look at it and it looked fine but when I took one bud out to look at it And broke it up sure enough a dark brown seed came popping out. Put it in the mighty and took 2 draw and was fine. Then came home, took some and broke it up(4 brown seeds came out this time), grinded it up and put it in the mighty and took 2 draws, but this time I got a headache. My question is 1. Do you know why it has so many seeds? 2. Do you think I missed a seed while breaking it up and one got into the grinder and I grinded it up and vaped it without knowing?
I always get really top of the line, high end stuff so this headache I'm getting from this batch is really making question what this is.

Ltblue,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You wouldn't get a headache from a vaporized seed. Maybe the way the cannabis was processed and cured after it was harvested. Have you had that strain before? Maybe it's the particular strain. It's a sativa strain some folks don't do well on sativas.

I don't grow but normally we don't get seeded cannabis anymore. The olden days, 1980 we would get the seedy cannabis, it was brown with lots of stems too.

Last edited:

Ltblue

You wouldn't get a headache from a vaporized seed. Maybe the way the cannabis was processed and cured after it was harvested. Have you had that strain before? Maybe it's the particular strain.

I've had this type once or twice in the past, can't really remember if it gave me a headache or not. It kind of sucks cause I paid a lot for it. My friend even joking said because there was so many seeds in it that I might think it was mids or something. But it definitely is a really high end stuff, but like you said could be just the strain. Also, Ive read from other thread could be high temp. Really hope it's just the strain and not because it's bad batch or something.

Ltblue,

EverythingsHazy

1. It has so many seeds because there was a male plant in the vicinity of where it was growing, and it got well pollinated. Either that, or there was a hermie in the grow room (could even be the same plant), and it got pollinated from that.

2. I doubt vaping a ground up seed would be the cause of a headache.
"Hemp plants are cultivated for industrial use and harvested for their fibers, seeds, oils, and meal. Industrial hemp seeds are available in different forms. They can be sterilized, toasted, roasted, or cracked. Hemp can be pressed into oil or hulled into meal. Hemp thrives nearly anywhere, tolerating a variety of growing conditions. It's rarely affected by pests or disease, making hemp quite hardy. In fact, the plant provides numerous benefits.

Industrial help has many uses, from paper and textiles to plastic and fuel. In fact, it can even be used in place of traditional paper made from trees, as hemp paper can be recycled more times than that made from wood. Hemp also yields nearly four times as much as trees. Plastic produced from hemp is also biodegradable, making it better for the environment. Hemp seeds can be used in a variety of food products as well.

Hemp seed food products are also considered more allergy-free than many other seeds. Hemp seeds contain the perfect balance of essential amino acids for sustaining good health. In addition, hemp seed oil contains necessary fatty acids, also known as good fats. Not only can hemp seeds provide valuable nutritional benefits to people, but they can also be used in pet foods and taste good too."

Click Here for Source

3. Headaches can be caused by many things. Make sure you are well hydrated at all times, especially while consuming Cannabis (it's good to have a big glass of water next to you for a vape session), and that you're blood sugar isn't thrown off (don't starve and don't give yourself a sugar rush).

Summary:
I doubt the weed itself is bad, especially if you are vaporizing it instead of smoking it. It's probably something related to your biochemistry or even a mild headache made worse by the increased head pressure feeling that cannabis causes.

Last edited:

Ltblue

1. It has so many seeds because there was a male plant in the vicinity of where it was growing, and it got well pollinated. Either that, or there was a hermie in the grow room (could even be the same plant), and it got pollinated from that.

2. I doubt vaping a ground up seed would be the cause of a headache.

3. Headaches can be caused by many things. Make sure you are well hydrated at all times, especially while consuming Cannabis (it's good to have a big glass of water next to you for a vape session), and that you're blood sugar isn't thrown off (don't starve and don't give yourself a sugar rush).

Summary:
I doubt the weed itself is bad, especially if you are vaporizing it instead of smoking it. It's probably something related to your biochemistry or even a mild headache made worse by the increased head pressure feeling that cannabis causes.

Thanks a lot for the reply everythingshazy.. It was weird because when I first tried it(initial 2 draws 5 mins between the two draws) I didn't get any headaches, but when I got home laying down and took 2 consecutive draw that's when the headache start. I'll make sure I get plenty of water though thanks again.

Ltblue

I wonder if pesticides or some such could cause headaches. :shrug:

That's pretty scary to think about, but I doubt that because of all the stuff I've gotten in the past everything was really good. It's just this patch!

Ltblue,

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
That's pretty scary to think about ...
Agreed. But once I thought of it, felt obliged to comment. Certainly hope it's not that but have no idea how it might manifest. Maybe someone else will post who is more knowledgeable about growing, etc.

Amoreena,
Reactions: Ltblue

HomeFree

Seeds were already explained, but probably not what gives you a headache. I have inadvertently vaporized a few seeds and no issues. Not even a seedy taste but the most I ever did was 2 seeds in a load. Seeded cannabis is probably not going to be as potent as unseeded. At the dispensary I go to it is common for them to sell any buds with a few seeds for around half price.

Save those seeds! I wish I had saved all the seeds in my herb from the early 90's! Bricked cannabis got different in around '96 around these parts though, and I can't find bricked cannabis for my life any more. I wanted to get some to make edibles but could not find any at all. But these days you can probably find $100 ounces which are around twice the potency as the bricked stuff which made it far enough north. I guess it was or is a lot better near the border.

HomeFree,

KennyPowers

Possible contaminates are pesticides, tiny insects or mold.
The latter two you could inspect for with a loupe. All are disturbing.

Maybe it's really potent and you consumed too much?
Or maybe you just naturally got a headache that day - sometimes headaches happen!

KennyPowers,

Ltblue

Possible contaminates are pesticides, tiny insects or mold.
The latter two you could inspect for with a loupe. All are disturbing.

Maybe it's really potent and you consumed too much?
Or maybe you just naturally got a headache that day - sometimes headaches happen!

Thanks Homefree and Kennypowers for replying.

Also, If I should save the seeds, should I be worried the seeds are males or Hermes seeds?

Ltblue,

KennyPowers

Why save the seeds? Either plant them or toss them - they don't last indefinitely and yes some are male.

KennyPowers,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
OT: Don't bother with those seeds as they are either from a hermaphrodite pollinate parent, and will yield potentially more hermies (it's a trait you need to work against) or the father is some unknown male, meaning the cross is completely random and not the result of a selection work. In either case the outcome will likely be poor.

KeroZen,

KennyPowers

or the father is some unknown male, meaning the cross is completely random and not the result of a selection work.

IDK how you jumped to that conclusion.

The most likely scenario is that someone had seeds of all the same strain.
Some grew into male, some female, they weren't separated early enough and got pollinated.

KennyPowers,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
We're getting too seriously off-topic and bordering on breaking the forum rules for me to answer. Sorry, since I started in the first place... Just don't vape seeds folks! :p

KeroZen,

EverythingsHazy

Thanks Homefree and Kennypowers for replying.

Also, If I should save the seeds, should I be worried the seeds are males or Hermes seeds?
You can plant them and grow them to consume the buds, but I wouldn't breed with them, due to hermie risk.

OT: Don't bother with those seeds as they are either from a hermaphrodite pollinate parent, and will yield potentially more hermies (it's a trait you need to work against) or the father is some unknown male, meaning the cross is completely random and not the result of a selection work. In either case the outcome will likely be poor.

IDK how you jumped to that conclusion.

The most likely scenario is that someone had seeds of all the same strain.
Some grew into male, some female, they weren't separated early enough and got pollinated.

We're getting too seriously off-topic and bordering on breaking the forum rules for me to answer. Sorry, since I started in the first place... Just don't vape seeds folks! :p

It's not really too off topic since he asked about seeds. I bolded the parts of your quotes that I agree with.
Also, IMO the MOST likely outcome is that there was a hermie somewhere, however if it WAS indeed a full male, even a random one has no reason to give you poor offspring. They'll probably produce bud that's different than the bud they came from, tho.

EverythingsHazy,

Redrod

Sometimes I get a minor headache off of some strain. And my cannabis is tested all around(WA). It could be just a minor adverse effect . Switch to a CBD.

Redrod,

HomeFree

I save my seeds for in case of a huge disaster that basically wipes out all modern stuff. I figure in an extreme disaster some free seeds are better than none at all, medicine will not be available for pain, insomnia, nausea, etc. If it gets stolen it gets stolen. I have lots of other non cannabis seeds as well.

My mom gets migraines but she said cannabis did not help. I have never tried it for a headache. One of my buddies says it helps but his are triggered by his neck.

Try a different strain and then if that doesn't trigger one try the other one with an open mind. Or have a friend load up different stems for you so you don't know which one has the original offender. :)

HomeFree,

Ltblue

Hey guys just want to thank everyone who read and reply about your experiences also. After a few days of easing off vaping, I went back to it and the headaches have subsided. Idk what happened but it could have been not enough water or something, but the seed part really messed with my head. Kept thinking it was mids or something lol but it really is not. Just got pollinated that's all.. Anyways thanks again!

Ltblue,
Top Bottom