Getting 2-3 times more vapor from better herb?

vapeguy

I tried "regular" and "good" herb in my vaporizer and I'll need to test more to be sure but I seem to be getting 2-3 times more vapor using the good herb compared to the regular one (for example the regular one will give me maybe 2 good elbow pack hits in my EQ while the good one will give at least 4 if I remember well).

Since it costs maybe 20% more but seems to give me 200-300% more vapor it ends up way cheaper getting the good one.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does it in fact end up cheaper paying more for better herb?

Thanks

vapeguy,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Absolutely have noticed this. With lower quality there is less of the goodies to vaporize! I can easily notice the increase in vapor from the higher quality stuff. More actives = more vapor = A happy me :D

Lo,

caseball2051

yes, that is why I combust (yeah, i know) and eat my mids. theyre just not worth putting into my MZap

caseball2051,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I don't know...mostly I think it's true that better herb gives more vapor, but sometimes not.

Sativa I got a while back had really thin vapor, hardly any, but was just as stony.

Another Indo i got had good vapor production, but wasn't as stony.

VWFringe,

djonkoman

I think more trichomes is more vapor, and from what I've read sativa's tend to have less but more potent trichomes, indica's more trichomes but less potent, so the potency of both plants will be about the same, with different amount of trichomes, and thus dfferent amount of vapor
I also notice it with the harvest from last year wich I still have, 2 strains, one is more indica I think(NDB, the effect is kind of indica but it lacks the couchlock and sleepiness, wich is why I like it since I can't get high from strains with too much couchlock/sleepiness, I just get sleepy and don't notice I'm high)
the other(UK08xTyphoon) is more sativa, it does have a lot of visible trichomes but it produces less vapor and doesn't last as long in my VG as the NDB
I can't really judge the potency tough, since I haven't had the UK08xTyphoon in a while(I have less of it and since I like sativa the most I try to keep some for special ocassions), and I usually pay more attention to the kind of effect and the potency of the effect(I think most would call it the ceiling) then to the absolute potency of the weed
the NDB's effect is certainly less potent, it's a mild effect, the UK08xTyphoon can be pretty heavy in effect but it depends a bit on the ocassion(when I tried ot for the first time, when it wasn't dried yet, the effect was short but heavy, I totally lost my sense of time and when I was becoming sober again it was as if I just awoke, I had no idea how late it was or wich part of the day it was, I eventually traced it back after some thinking), but I've also had times that I didn't notice such a heave effect, with the same or bigger amount(didnt vaope much that first time since it was wet, so there goes a lot less in one bowl)

djonkoman,

max

Out to lunch
caseball2051 said:
yes, that is why I combust (yeah, i know) and eat my mids. theyre just not worth putting into my MZap
I'd have to agree with the consensus on this topic, and although I don't smoke (and rarely use anything but ABV for edibles), I'd agree that the log vapes are much more satisfying with high grade bud. I like to use lower quality herb in my SSV and especially for filling bags, since I tend to go through more with those vapes.

max,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
I'd agree with the consensus also.

Currently in possession of some Amnesia Haze and some Afghani #1, both of which have extremely dense, trich-soaked buds.
I loaded my standard SSV wand to almost completely packed-full four days ago now and it's still hitting - having had two 1 hour sessions per day on it - longer than any previous efforts except perhaps Super Lemon (which is equally as covered in crystals). Packing full like this has actually helped me to increase efficiency and reduce bud-usage also - I know it sounds odd/obvious, but with the SSV I really feel like more is more (as opposed to the common adage: less is more).
I'm not putting in 4 times as much bud as before, but it's hitting for roughly that amount of time.

I'd say increasingly better bud quality is very much a factor in this.

wilf789,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
max said:
SSV (...) since I tend to go through more with those vapes.

Max, did you have the chance to test the little Arizer dome screen MOD on the SSV?
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=118816#p118816
I've been waiting SS to review his results (though I'm really confident it works, as several members already stated) but...no feedback yet. I'd love to hear what you think about how the SSV re-incarnates in a "conservative big hitter"!

FLskwat,

OO

Technical Skeptical
the greater amount of resin is typical with bud that has high "bag appeal" meaning it has what people look for when they are buying bud, lots of resin glands.

the more resin there is, the more you can vaporize off (kind of obvious, if not, get some BHO and try vaping it (you get tons more vapor))

a large amount of resin glands is NOT indicative of potency, so don't confuse the two.

not all of the resin in a gland is active, so just because you're getting a lot of resinous vapor doesn't mean you're getting a lot of psychoactives.

OO,

Tuck

wilf789 said:
I loaded my standard SSV wand to almost completely packed-full four days ago now and it's still hitting - having had two 1 hour sessions per day on it - longer than any previous efforts except perhaps Super Lemon (which is equally as covered in crystals). Packing full like this has actually helped me to increase efficiency and reduce bud-usage

I do the complete reverse. I pack just a pinch in my ssv but then I love the taste of a fresh bowl.

Tuck,

max

Out to lunch
FLskwat said:
max said:
SSV (...) since I tend to go through more with those vapes.

Max, did you have the chance to test the little Arizer dome screen MOD on the SSV?
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=118816#p118816
I've been waiting SS to review his results (though I'm really confident it works, as several members already stated) but...no feedback yet. I'd love to hear what you think about how the SSV re-incarnates in a "conservative big hitter"!
I'd be happy to test this. You up for sending me one? I'm a little put off by the $13 price for 4 screens (including $8 shipping), when I only need one. And I know you're in France, so I'm only kidding about you sending me one. Maybe I can find one of our friendly dealers/sponsors that has a loose one lying around.

max,

Cleanfiend

Max -- I tried the SSV mod, coughed over the exorbitant amount of money for screens. I regret my purchase, overall, however it does work well as an efficiency mod.

My complaints:
- Price
- Much Easier to combust as the herb is closer to the heater
- The Dome screen can easily become stuck in the end of the female GG connection. Fixing this is a pain.

Save your money. Vaping one SSV bowl over 2 sessions accomplishes the same as efficiency mod. Cheers!

Cleanfiend,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hihi, yeah...hopefully you can find one around you!

Oh and about the consensus I also agree, but I only have crystal caked weeds... so they all vape the same (hihi sorry it was easy) :D
What I can say is: clearly, if you do a micro-bowl of kiff, you will get as much hits as a consecuent bowl of herbal matter, meaning, more trychs=more hits mos'def!!
Oh and Wilf be careful/enjoy with AH, if it's real AH...I have been hooked to that strain for 2 years now!!! :lol: I always need to have some around!

FLskwat,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Cleanfiend said:
Max -- I tried the SSV mod, coughed over the exorbitant amount of money for screens. I regret my purchase, overall, however it does work well as an efficiency mod.

My complaints:
- Price
- Much Easier to combust as the herb is closer to the heater
- The Dome screen can easily become stuck in the end of the female GG connection. Fixing this is a pain.

Save your money. Vaping one SSV bowl over 2 sessions accomplishes the same as efficiency mod. Cheers!

Sorry to hear that, Cleanfiend:

-Price, yeah I agree (though the quality of these screens is far beyond average vapo screens quality IMO).
-Did you lower your temp to its max -8:45 on mine-? Yeah if fully packed/inhale slow the elbow screen can combust...
-That never happened to me, but instead I pre shape my screens to fit the wand firmly, and only do this on standard wand!

And with a scale, a dome packed is more like 4 normal ssv bowls... but thanks for your feedback man, and sorry to hear it did not do the trick for you!

Oh and I discovered another use of the screen: switch to a new one, pack with a thin pallet of concentrates, crank the temp up...and SSV becomes one of my best hash vaporizer, without messing anything in the glass! ;)

FLskwat,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Yeah with the AH I sometimes just sit there with my head in the bag, I swear I could live in there. It smells like God's vagina (edit: should you capitalise Vagina because it's God's? <-- Thoughts caused by prolonged SSV usage) to quote Pineapple Express.

Re. the dome screen mod: I also purchased it after my mini-wand broke and they went off-sale. It's ok once you get used to it, but can be quite fidgety at first especially with stirring. Definitely need to start at a lower temperature. All in all I much preferred the mini-wand, and now don't actually use the dome screens very often at all, in favour of my filling to the brim method. If I only had a wee bit of herb left for whatever reason I'd sure be grateful I had them though.

wilf789,

sunsett70

(sorry for talking off topic but just a follow up to what was discussed earlier)

the mods for the dbv/ssv is not for everyone, some just prefer the normal style hits. but for those who wanna mod their dbv with the dome screen and encounter issues, please remember that there is a learning curve as well, just need some fine tuning.

i have summarised in post #1290 most of the comments on the arizer dome screen mod. hope it helps! http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=112151#p112151

ps - the price of dome screen is not really expensive. u can get it around usd5 for 2 quality sturdy screens that could probably last forever.

sunsett70,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
wilf789 said:
Yeah with the AH I sometimes just sit there with my head in the bag, I swear I could live in there. It smells like God's vagina (edit: should you capitalise Vagina because it's God's? <-- Thoughts caused by prolonged SSV usage) to quote Pineapple Express.

Re. the dome screen mod: I also purchased it after my mini-wand broke and they went off-sale. It's ok once you get used to it, but can be quite fidgety at first especially with stirring. Definitely need to start at a lower temperature. All in all I much preferred the mini-wand, and now don't actually use the dome screens very often at all, in favour of my filling to the brim method. If I only had a wee bit of herb left for whatever reason I'd sure be grateful I had them though.

Ahah, so it's real AH, no doubt!
And to come back on the topic subject: AH will produce 2 times more vapor then my other strains (which are already big vapor producers...)

FLskwat,
Oh, for sure. I was lucky enough to have a flatmate who was a master and he got great genetics - we had a strain called Cleverman that was sugary, almost. Google it up. Cleverman is the shiz. That stuff would vape like kief, and it's a much higher quality buzz too. Like the difference between combusting weed or hash. The effect is the same - it's just hash feels smoother, higher, better. And it would just keep vaping and vaping and vaping.

Another thing (just an observation) - the US, UK and Canada are the only places I hear of that sell weed by quality (lows, mids, highs). If sellers try that here (Australia), they get ostracised. One seller had two stashes and would dole out quality depending on who she liked, and who spent the most time talking to her. She went out of business fast. I'm not saying it's wrong - it's just, as Vincent in Pulp Fiction said, 'the little differences'. I guess it'd be good to know what you're getting. Here you pays your money and take your chances but usually you end up with nice herb. If not, you go to a new dealer. They get the score and supply good herb. :) It all works out. Maybe we just buy crap weed for too much, rather than get good weed for less!

Runnershigh,
Top Bottom