GAS anonymous

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I made it through the day without going to any LHS's. But fuck, did an early morning session with @ogcook and there's 2 new fucking dope recyclers on his his table.

I immediately wanted one....please stop this madness!

I had to install a shelf in my cave to make more room for glass!

I feel like I'm becoming a glasshole.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I said I have a problem, I'm not insane. Part of me is already wanting more, I have 15 pieces! With 3 otw..

:disgust:

Hey, I feel ya man, I had to cut my glass habit back to dirt cheap china glass just so I could kinda afford it. I had run up my CCs buying all those high end pieces (and other vape gear VAS is just as bad) a while ago. I can say I am glad to have had the experience using them, but there was a point when I was completely out of my mind buying $400+ glass... and couldn't seem to stop myself. I eventually sold it off and had to cut it back to super cheap stuff, and have managed to get a more reasonable grip, or so it seems. (had other personal issues going on that were fueling the insanity but GAS was still very real)

Now my next possible solution will hopefully be even more fulfilling than just acquiring pieces, I am perusing glass blowing. I know I won't be buying any of the stuff I really like cause I can't afford it, there is so much worked glass out there that is so amazing!! So why not learn to make it, there are classes out there, collectives that have work space etc... I was looking on craigslist for possible classes and ran across a listing searching for apprentice for work trade in the headshop so I am currently trying to get in on this opportunity to learn. I've been in touch with the guy but still need to meet up. I don't know where your life is, and if you could devote time to learning the skill behind glass blowing, but it is an alternative to just buying it.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
please stop this madness!
36532416.jpg

There's no cure, even if you find your dream piece, it just inspires you to think of ways your dream piece could be improved...

Now I'm off to browse BM, ALT, and all the other lovely places where glass is traded...
Wish me luck :lol:

grokit

well-worn member
:hmm:
How do we make this into a waterpipe...
TBgu1Et.jpg

"A real Klein bottle is an object with no inside and no outside that can only exist in four dimensions. These glass models exist in three, which means that unlike the real thing, they can actually hold liquid. The difference between the models and the real thing is that by adding an extra dimension, you can make it so that the neck of the bottle doesn't actually intersect the side of the bottle. Take a couple aspirin and try to picture that in your head."

A recycling one of these would be the ultimate "a" in gas!

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Something like this?
img_1379618133862-single.jpg

I know apix do an incycler which they call a Klein recycler, which seems at least inspired by the concept. :)

Edit:
Here's a pic of the apix:
photo_1_1024x1024.jpg

Another edit:
I like to think I can at least conceptualize a 4 dimensional cube (hypercube) given that its net is essentially made up of 3d cubes
Can't really picture it, but can kinda grasp the concept...
With a Klein bottle, my brain just melts...

Last edited:
When dabbling with highly addictive substances like alcohol, cocaine or borosilicate you need to establish a golden rule, and stick to it. With the glass my rule is that it must all fit in a modestly sized cabinet. I've got room for 2-3 more pieces tops (unless I sell something) so I've got myself in check for the moment.

:hmm:
How do we make this into a waterpipe...
TBgu1Et.jpg
Evol makes a bubbler with a pierced klein bottle as a perc. Looks cool at least.
1479202_560622727361516_540373909_n.jpg

Top Bottom